Essential Photography app - Snapseed

JSern

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Currently I'm owning an iPhone 3gs(Yes it's old alright) and I'm planing to buy a Lumia 920.
But I'm too attached to this app called Snapseed, maybe some of you had heard it before.

https://itunes.apple.com/my/app/snapseed/id439438619?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Snapseed Product Video - YouTube

FEATURES:

== Basic Adjustments ==
• Auto Correct - Automatically analyzes your photo and adjusts color and exposure to perfection.

• Selective Adjust - Make precise selections and enhancements to specific areas of your photos in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology.

• Tune Image - Use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and textures. Adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast, more.

• Straighten & Rotate - Rotate 90? and/or straighten photos with simple gesture controls.

• Crop - Easily crop images to remove distracting parts of your photo with standard aspect ratios, or a free crop.

• Take Photos – Open photos from the Camera Roll or take new photos.

== Creative Enhancements ==
• Black & White - Get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter.

• Vintage Films - Make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s.

• Drama - Add style with a custom effect specifically tailored to your photos, ranging from subtle textures to wildly artistic effects.

• Grunge - Give your photos a totally unique, hip, and dingy look.

• Tilt-Shift - Create a narrow in-focus area designed to simulate depth of field, common in a Miniature Scene look.

• Details - Enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control found in the Nik Software professional products.

• Center Focus - Draw attention to the subject of your photo by blurring and adjusting the brightness of the surrounding background.

• Organic Frames - Add stylized borders to photos for the perfect finishing touch.

== Sharing ==
• Email - Send images at original resolution.

• Social - Share on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter (using iOS5), and Instagram.
• Print - Print wirelessly using Apple’s AirPrint technology

Google recently bought Snapseed to counter Instagram, so there's a high change that Android devices will receive this app support.
And do you know what's the respond after I ask the developer when will they support Windows Phone 8 devices.

https://www.facebook.com/snapseed/posts/429282017134951?notif_t=feed_comment

Soo, unless there's a demand for it, maybe they'll reconsider.

tl;dr mode:
Go to their wall post requesting support on Windows Phone 8 for an awesome app.

Last edited:

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't think it's gonna come over even if we spam them. The chances of it coming over have slimmed since the aquisation by google if we take a look at how they have handled apps for WP so far. I think the only official google app WP has is the search one which is hardly anything special.

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well the main business for Nik Software is on desktops (heir efex software is amazing). So it's no surprie that they have a version for Windows PC's. If they come out with a version for the Win RT the chances of it coming to WP could go up a bit. But really I wouldn't get my hopes up based on that.

JSern

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Well the main business for Nik Software is on desktops (heir efex software is amazing). So it's no surprie that they have a version for Windows PC's. If they come out with a version for the Win RT the chances of it coming to WP could go up a bit. But really I wouldn't get my hopes up based on that.

Oh man that's just sad.

oldgaius

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Your app doesn't sound much different than Thumba
Thumba is nice, but in comparison to Snapseed it's clunky and basic. Snapseed's strength is not in its range of features (which can be matched on paper with many other apps, including Thumba) but in its U-point selective edits... which are really quite unlike anything else.

Snapseed was one of my favourite iPhone apps and I've not managed to find a Windows Phone alternative. (Though I have it on my iPad so confess to not looking too hard.) Despite Google allowing Nik to continue to offer and update it's high end tools and plug-ins, I can't see new smartphone products being launched after the Android app. It's a shame but not something worth overlooking WP8 for.

Last edited:

JSern

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Thumba is nice, but in comparison to Snapseed it's clunky and basic. Snapseed's strength is not in its range of features (which can be matched on paper with many other apps, including Thumba) but in its U-point selective edits... which are really quite unlike anything else.

Snapseed was one of my favourite iPhone apps and I've not managed to find a Windows Phone alternative. (Though I have it on my iPad so confess to not looking too hard.) Despite Google allowing Nik to continue to offer and update it's high end tools and plug-ins, I can't see new smartphone products being launched after the Android app. It's a shame but not something worth overlooking WP8 for.

So back to square one. We should go on their Facebook wall and request for a Windows Phone 8 support, their wall is full of Android users saying "I WANT IT ON ANDROID"(In posts by others section)

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's now on android, or on the way at least. Pretty sure it's out though. Damn APPS! Ugh! It would be a dream come true if it mirrored the iOS store

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Owned by Google? Not sure we'll see it on Windows Phone with all of Google's anti-Microsoft tactics of late.

Can't say it's a big loss with apps like Thumba, Creative Studio and Photo Enhancer.

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Just realized that Nik has released Snapseed for both Windows and Mac, for $20. So just SkyDrive it, and use that. The app is identical. It'll have to do for now.

Rob Mulally

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This might appear like spam but I'm using an alternative app. Fantasia painter for windows phone. I'm addicted. I have heard and recommend snapseed to non wphone users. Fantasia painter is more powerful than it appears. Combined with fhotoroom I do everything on my phone. Results Instagram happy to discuss technique etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa