What apps do you think are still needed for Wp?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Instagram, instagram, instagram, I want my instagram. Its like I'm in a phone coma. I'm screaming inside, but nobody hears me. If only I could move. . . I would jump all about to get your attention instagram.

You either have a serious problem, or none at all (and you can therefore make such a fuss about an app). For you I hope the latter is true.

Next time, if an app is that important to you, just inform yourself in advance and buy an iPhone or Android.

Personally I'm quite happy with what Windows Phone has to offer, but I just don't get all these social media like Twitter and Facebook and Co. All I would want is a WP8 version of Google Search (supporting the full resolution), and maybe a good official Google Maps app.

To answer the initial question: I also think these apps would be important in markets where Bing is still lacking function and content like here in Switzerland. The same goes with other Google services.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, there isn't a single app that is still needed. There isn't a single app that will turn this around, that will change things. The culture needs to change. When any company decides it needs an app, its always Android and iOS. Occasionally you see BB or WP also. That's not enough. WP needs to be there all the time, every time. It should never be a question of "should we also build a WP app?"

Personally, I'm not missing any apps. I'm happy. But for the platform, I'm very nervous. Especially with BB10 around the corner. It seems every day another dev is holding off, or waiting, or pulling out completely. That's an exaggeration, but its still troublesome.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
...and what do you know. Post, return to the home screen, and another dev "hesitant" about WP.

You know, if MS would take some of the money they use for their absolutely ridiculous adverts and celebrity endorsements, and put it towards app developers, we'd all be in a better place. Jessica Alba? Really? I'd prefer an official Sirius/XM app myself. Droid rage? Ugh...

jfc572

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Needs more mainstream apps:

Spotify, Flipboard, Mint, YouTube, Waze, MLB At Bat, to name a few.

Also, Pageonce needs an update for WP8. It's been nearly 2 years since the last update.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I know some people won't like it lol but it would be amazing to see Instagram, Spotify, Flipboard, Google Chrome, Google Maps, Official Youtube app and Wells Fargo + all the other major banks have an official app for WP8.

livetraceon1

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
*Instagram
*Tumblr
*Gamestop
*suntrust
*walmart
*flash videos
*Echoactualgaming
*Ikeaa
*Ford
*HuluPlus
*McDonalds
*Tacobell
*Kentucky Fried chicken
*Ecko

Ozi1950

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
As a Lumia 920 user I'm missing NBA Gametime, official FB app, Pandora, Flipboard and Team Viewer! All these apps I use a lot on the iPad, and need them really bad on L920!

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Instagram is the only big one that I can think of, I used to be obsessed with Instagram when i had my android, but it wasnt a deal breaker, I've had my 8x for close to a month and I just love the platform more and more each day, so what that I cant upload pictures on instagram?
thats personally, in general, I do feel like if WP8 got Instagram, it can start turning things around...I heard BB 10 already has instagram in their pocket, which might be really really bad for WP8

most other apps that are missing, you can find a similar WP8 that can do the same function, it might be different, and you'd have to get used to it, but so what..?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077