kindle app crashing on htc 8x

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got my htc 8x and very disappointed to find that the kindle app will not run on it. It installs fine and will run first time but all subsequent attempts to run result in being chucked back to the start screen. This is a show stopper for me, I do not know whether the problem lies with the phone, wp8 or the app (which shows version 2.0 btw) I do know I am not the only one with this problem, can anyone she'd any light?

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have had the same problem with the Kindle app on my Lumia 800. Every time I tried to download a book it would close and return me to the start screen.

It is a problem with the app itself and not WP. I contacted Amazon about it and after a few mails back and forth they have acknowledged the problem and said that they will soon release an updated version on the WP store.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, lets hope the update comes sooner rather than later. I would have thought that
the kindle app is pretty important to the Windows phone ecosystem, having it not working could do some damage to the reputation of the platform

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
This is really annoying. You can log in and read a book etc, but then if you exit and load up the app again it just crashes.

I thought they'd have tested the big apps to make sure they all worked!

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Spoke to Amazon support today. According to the support person, they are no closer to understanding the cause of the problem or having a fix for it. Does anyone know of any work rounds, this problem is really bugging me, I have to carry my Titan around as well as my 8X!!!!

dseiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my 928. I certainly hope they get this figured out soon. Will be bad for new users of the platform.

randokam

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just updated it on my Lumia 920 and so far I can confirm that it is working at least for this phone.
Since the app was totally broken, I ran a handful of tests to make sure:

1) Downloaded several books from my archive.
2) Opened a few books, changed pages, font and screen settings.
3) Bought a new book and downloaded it to my device.
4) Restarted my phone and made sure the app is still working.

So far so good! Buying books within the app is especially exciting for me since I'm coming from iOS (always felt a little miffed about not being able to do that!).

Uh, hopefully they didn't only update this app for the Lumia 920.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro