5 apps you would really like to see on WP8.

Ushae

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I'm really happy with my Lumia 920, apart from a few gripes here and there. But I have noticed there is a draught of apps on the marketplace, so I thought I should make a thread about what apps other users would like to see on there!

For me personally I miss using.

- GTrailers Mobile App.
- IGN App
- Instagram
- Facebook (WP8 version is aweful)
- Comprehensive pregnancy Apps (for my wife)

I know devs will get there and bring the apps now that the dv kits are out there, just hope the apps will be great when they do finally arrive.

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
IGN used to have an app, but was removed for some reason. I can still download it from my app history on the web but it doesn't seem to update.

I would like...
Pandora (coming)
Mint.com
Steam
And any mobile app for the popular mmo's.

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
IGN used to have an app, but was removed for some reason. I can still download it from my app history on the web but it doesn't seem to update.

I would like...
Pandora (coming)
Mint.com
Steam
And any mobile app for the popular mmo's.

Pandora - Radio Controlled is a 3rd party Pandora app that is available now. It is not official but it lets you do everything an official app can do.

Mint.com - Money Thyme is a 3rd party app for mint.com that is currently in beta. Details here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/developers-beta-testing/199603.htm

While neither is official, I'd like to think they offer some value.

prowade

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I know there are some 3rd party apps for Pandora , and I am totally fine with that. It is just that all of my WP converts are not as forgiving as me when a 3rd part app breaks 😊

And thanks for Mint.com app reference.

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
RoboForm

RoboForm

I would love to see RoboForm added to WP8 and W8. I am a long time registered user of this product and I am having great difficulties during my transition from Android to WP8 without it.

I may have to start using another password manager since I am committed to WP8 now. I wish I knew if RoboForm was being created for WP8.

c8m6p

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
1. All the google apps: mail, calendar, voice, etc. (mainly to shut people up and make it easier to transition from Droid to WP8). Don't count in this happening as google hates MS and will do anything to hold back the platform.

2. Instagram - no explanation needed.

3. Mint.com - Pageonce is not as good

4. Flipboard - Need a go-to news reader on WP8. Once again, all the "substitutes", while admirable efforts, are just not as good.

5. An updated native Calendar/tasks, mail, and people hub. These apps have literally been the same deficient apps since WP7.5 launched. You still can't download videos from your mailbox to your phone, or add someone to "safe senders" list so pictures show up automatically. The calendar app is completely useless. The people hub "newsfeed" is outdated and is in dire need of updating and new features.

I'm not holding my breath on #1 but hopefully if more people join the platform 2,3,4,5 can become a reality.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an IPhone there are quite a few apps I would like to see.

1. Mint native app - This is something I definitely would love to see

2. Junos Pulse - I occasionally used this to VPN into my work from my IPhone. I've read there is no way for WP8 to really support it but I'd love to see it.

3. XM Radio app - Good for listening to football games while sitting in front of the TV watching a different game.

4. Dropbox - Not just a viewer something which is integrated and can save to Dropbox.

5. Social stuff like LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.

tjwheels

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I see this type of post I always chime in with my favorites.

1. DISH Network Sling Adapter (not the SlingBox App)
2. iOdds (although ScoreMobile is getting better)
3. MeetMobile (great app if you have high school kids playing sports)
4. Flipboard
5. CoachMVideo

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
1.Cisco AnyConnect VPN client app
2.good NFC tag writer
3.flipboard
4.tunein
5.amex? Couldn't find one

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

realityeye

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
RoboForm

I would love to see RoboForm added to WP8 and W8. I am a long time registered user of this product and I am having great difficulties during my transition from Android to WP8 without it.

I may have to start using another password manager since I am committed to WP8 now. I wish I knew if RoboForm was being created for WP8.
I'd like to see RoboForm on wp as well.

There is a web interface for RoboForm btw, it's just not that good.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
1. Steam
2. BBC iPlayer
3. Planetside 2
4. A good bible app like Dailybible from Android
5. A good NFC Tag writer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads