5 apps you would really like to see on WP8.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
coming from Android 2.3 and an iPhone 4S for a short period of time. I've never been much of an app person, but here's what I'd still like:

1. Spotify
  2. An advanced camera app similar to 645PRO on the iPhone. Support for camera raw/uncompressed TIFF, manual shutter (including long exposures), aperture, spot exposure, etc.
  3. Google+ (yes, I'm one of the 11 active users. No, I don't work for Google and I'm not a spambot ;) )
  4. Dropbox
  5. Xfinity with offline viewing
  6. (bonus) Google's maps, up-to-date points of interest and turn-by-turn navigation (yeah, right). Tried using Nokia Drive all day yesterday around the San Francisco Bay Area, and it's pretty bad right now. Yes, I know it's beta and it's going to get a lot better and wah-wah-wah, but knowing all that really doesn't help when it's adding stress to a drive. "Keep left, keep left, take the exit, keep left, keep right, finding new route" to go 50 yards down the same stretch of road to a Starbucks that hasn't been at that location since 2007.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
-mint
-uber
-sketchbook pro
-Ps photosop
-G+

You use Sketchbook Pro on a phone? Do you use a stylus, or draw w/ your finger? I tried it on my Droid 2 and iPhone and found it way too difficult to manage. It's fine on a tablet, but I just couldn't get the accuracy I wanted on the smaller screen.

+1 for G+ :)

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
1. A NFC tag writer that allows me to switch sound profiles, toggle wifi, bluetooth, etc.
2. A (good) Steam App
3. A Symbaloo app
4. Imiwa? (a very good Japanese english dictionary)
5. possibly stumbleupon, but otherwise I've exhausted everything I want.

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
1. Spotify - and quick!
2. Bank apps, I really found it useful to log in to my bank account to check the balance. IOS and Adroid pretty much have an app for every bank (at least in the UK).
3. Pocket (read later)
4. Pulse
5. Maybe some exclusives that put iOS and Android users envious for once!

mtsmedly

May 30, 2012
Visit site
1) RunKeeper ( I know they just dropped support earlier this year, but I love this app and I haven't been able to find a good replacement that hook into their services I've been using for years.)
2) Mint.com
3) US Bank
4) Better Official Twitter App
5) Square (Really love Square)

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My wish list:

1. Banking apps (BECU, Capital One, etc.)
2. You Need A Budget & Dropbox
3. Bleacher Report
4. A real Facebook app
5. Games, games, and more games.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
  • Official Starbucks
  • HBO Go
  • DirecTV that's similar to the iOS version with live streaming, not the stripped down one that's on WP
  • A weather app where the live tiles updates to your current location. I'm using Weather Smiles that does that, but I wish it was more robust and has more info
  • RedEye from Chicago Tribune

Last edited:

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Instagram

Spotify is coming, Nook is coming.

Beautiful Widgets (from Android OS, would love to see them come out with something similar, maybe call it Beautiful Tiles)

Camera+ (from iOS) - my favorite photo editing application between all of the mobile OS platforms.

That's my list for right now....
have you tried Fhotoroom for editing pics. Fantasia is also great.

RyanR47

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox, instagram,tumblr, google+, flipboard, pinterest, google maps, pocket, speed test, tuneinradio, bbc iPlayer, 4OD, Demand 5,

Oh and the apps which are already in mp needs to be updated regularly.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
1. Spotify - and quick!
2. Bank apps, I really found it useful to log in to my bank account to check the balance. IOS and Adroid pretty much have an app for every bank (at least in the UK).
3. Pocket (read later)
4. Pulse
5. Maybe some exclusives that put iOS and Android users envious for once!

There is a Read Later app current out that links to Pocket (Read It Later) and allows you to read saved articles.

MIKEVCAMPBELL

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just came from iOS and there are a few apps that I miss:

1 WatchESPN: This is the biggest gap in Windows Phone. I miss it terribly.
2 NES ROM Emulator: This wasn't available through the APP Store, it was a great app you can only get by jailbreaking.
3 MINT.COM: that is great that there is a 3rd party app but when it comes to my finances I'd rather not have a middle man.
4 8X8 Virtual Office: this was an app I used almost daily for the VOIP phone service at work. It was nice using my cell phone to call out and do everything that I would normally do from my desk phone.
5 Pandora: I've missed it a little but the Nokia music app has helped.

uncguy

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

1 WatchESPN: This is the biggest gap in Windows Phone. I miss it terribly.
2 NES ROM Emulator: This wasn't available through the APP Store, it was a great app you can only get by jailbreaking.
3 MINT.COM: that is great that there is a 3rd party app but when it comes to my finances I'd rather not have a middle man.
4 8X8 Virtual Office: this was an app I used almost daily for the VOIP phone service at work. It was nice using my cell phone to call out and do everything that I would normally do from my desk phone.
5 Pandora: I've missed it a little but the Nokia music app has helped.

Amen to #1. Coming from iOS as well and miss the WatchESPN app. That and Hulu are my biggest gaps.

Also miss the ability to tap the top of any list to scroll to the top :)

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

vNES Light Pro does a good job. It worked OK on my Trophy but on my Lumia 822 it works great with sound and everything. The only thing that would make it better is if someone made an app that let me use a Wiimote as a controller (I was able to do this on Android).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3