Whatsapp sucks on WP8

Status
Not open for further replies.

yati 1

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Its not good because of below reasons:
- Notifications are at their own will. Very random, so every hour or so I need to see if there are some pending messages for me.
- During long conversations tapping on notification will take long open active conversation.
- Worst if when WApp totally hangs so I need to re-install it.
- Its painfully slow while switching between applicatioins.

devangjagad

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Whats app suck lyk hell on Wp n its rotten...u can puke on windows whats app too.....microssoft is least bothered n its working lyk india goverment....think 10000 tyms if u wanna buy windows phone if u r heavy user of whats app..:crying:

Pushynachan

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Grow up kids ..!! If u turn on battery saver tgen only you will not get notifications . Delayed notifications can be beacause your internet could be slow . Dont blame developers and check your configurations first .!

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Whats app suck lyk hell on Wp n its rotten...u can puke on windows whats app too.....microssoft is least bothered n its working lyk india goverment....think 10000 tyms if u wanna buy windows phone if u r heavy user of whats app..:crying:

Ay have Whatsapp on a L920 and it works lyk a charm. Only downside is no Video upload because of the API limitation but that's about it. A UI re-design like Viber is welcome but for now it works just fine.

Jorge Leni

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Im using whatsapp with a Nokia 620. Although I have the latest update, it still crashes when I scroll up a conversation looking for older messages. Its like there's a limit and it crashes. Any workaround for this?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Im using whatsapp with a Nokia 620. Although I have the latest update, it still crashes when I scroll up a conversation looking for older messages. Its like there's a limit and it crashes. Any workaround for this?

This has been happening since I bought my 920 a year ago. There is no fix for it yet.

fieldbaker

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp drains my battery like crazy, 1% a minute almost. Are there any messenger-apps on WP8 that dont drain the battery? Viber drained it aswell

RITURAJ HAZARIKA

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
it crash in my wp8 lumia 720....
the problem is that if you want to see the old messages and slide back to see them the application struck and got crash.
i face this problem many times even after the latest update also.....it really sucks.
i think its my wrong decision to buy a windows phone... :( :(:cry::cry::cry:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Grow up kids ..!! If u turn on battery saver tgen only you will not get notifications . Delayed notifications can be beacause your internet could be slow . Dont blame developers and check your configurations first .!

Old post, I know, but WhatsApp will delay for no apparent reason. Do not assume we all have poor Data reception or Battery Saver on. That is not the case. Beyond that, how exactly do people know they are not also getting notification delays? Its not always so simple to notice. I know I had to point it out to my buddy, who thought everything was perfect. He now see's how terrible it can be.

To be fair, most IM services on WP are fairly bad with message reliability. I find Kik to be the best, but it has the annoying issue with no Icon Notification, so if you miss the toast, you have no idea you got a message unless you open the App. That, and I seem to get double toast notifications for every message I receive. Skype is the worst for messaging reliability. ChatOn is about on par with WhatsApps, IMO.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i feel same about whatsapp too. in fact, for many apps, same feeling.
but, these are the limitations set by Microsoft, and not by the apps. WP8 provides the apps an independent environment, like a sandbox concept.
thus the results we r getting.
if the sandbox opens up, we will get a mind blowing work base.

Anant Anand

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
There's one plus point on wp8, which android WhatsApp lacks ... There are two pages on both... One s favorite (where all your contacts are stored ) and chat (where your recent chats resides).. On wp8 you select C from favourite, sms him or see his status or whatever, when you ll go back you ll return to favourite page only that too on C.. So u can move on to contacts D,E,F to chat or check status or see their pic... But in android if you are on contact page to check all your contacts one by one, when u ll tap on contact C to chat with him or see her larger pic, when u tap back... You are thrown to chat page.. So again you have to contact page which will open again on first alphabet A then u have to scroll down to C... and process continues for all your contacts... 1360 in my case... Android sucks for WhatsApp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12