Will Snapchat come out on Windows Phone 8?

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I would love if windows would allow more apps like Snapchat. We are so limited and it is frustrating to not be able to have what Android users have. PLEEEEEAASE get the apps :)

It's not about Windows Phone "allowing" it, it's about the app developers making for Windows themselves. Just as they did for Android & iPhone.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If we go to the Support on their website. There is a dropdown where we can add us on a mailing list, to get notification when the app will be available for our device. Just go to Snapchat -> Support -> Technical Support -> My device is incompatible :( -> Windows Phone and add your mail adress.

I get an error every time I press send... from a google URL.

Samantha Robinson1

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I would also like to have snapchat on my wp8 along with all the other apps i used to have on my android phone, i love my windows phone but miss all the apps i used to have, all my friends have snapchat and i cant get it cause of my windows phone :(

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I would also like to have snapchat on my wp8 along with all the other apps i used to have on my android phone, i love my windows phone but miss all the apps i used to have, all my friends have snapchat and i cant get it cause of my windows phone :(

You can now! Search for SwapChat in the Windows Phone Store. There's a free version with ads and a paid version without. It's not official but it works.

trose94

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I was very tempted to switch back to my old samsung after finding out windows phone doesn't have snapchat..
If it hadn't been sold just before my finding out I would have done

Rindika Fanai

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Snapchat is coming for windows phone 8 .. it was already stated in WPCentral before .. while waiting for the official app we can use Swapchat or Instance creator's upcoming ChatSnap ! ;)

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeh SwapChat works just fine! And ChatSnap is going to be better than the official app just like Instance is better than the official! Support these small devs, they do an incredible job and deserve some attention!

chan man

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
it is ridiculous i had a iphone 5 and went to this because i needed it to run my fathers business and no snapchat. i find it very unprofessional and far fetched that windows 8 doesnt have snapchat what happened to the new awesome windows 8 phone thats so much better than the iphones :angry:

theroyboy44

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought snapchat (official) was supposed to come out late this month. Today is the last day of this month sooooooooooo............ Especially since when I got the 925 in the US I couldn't download swapchat cuz it was pulled for some reason that I cannot remember. Snap hat don't fail me!!!......... U have 7hrs (Central Time US, UTC-06:00) before u betray me

tdsweetwheels

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Read it was due late August and thats why the unofficial Swapchat was pulled from the marketplace. Instagram official is coming too i believe.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm late to the thread but I sent an email too, hopefully apps such as this continue to be released on the Windows Phone platform.

"Hello Snap Chat team,

I have noticed that for quite some time Snap Chat has been available for the iOS and Android platforms. However, I am dependent upon the Windows Phone platform and have long desired to support your app or in the least try you guys out, regretfully no app has been developed for the Windows Phone platform (as far as I am aware). Many of my friends on iOS and Android both use this app frequently. Additionally, a fair amount of my friends who use Windows Phone have been looking for this app but have been disappointed about not being able to join the Snap Chat community due to the lack of the application. I would greatly appreciate the team at least considering the development of this app for the Windows Phone community and am grateful for your attention to my concerns as a consumer.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration!

Very Respectfully"

(Will update if/when they respond)

*Update: (Received their typical cryptic response:)
AUG 06, 2013 | 03:23PM PDT
Team Snapchat replied:
Hi there,

Thank you for your email. Although Snapchat is not currently compatible with your device, we are continuously expanding our support to new devices. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into account as we prioritize our development resources.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Best wishes,
Team Snapchat

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Unprofessional because they don't have SnapChat? Its actually the reverse... What you trying to hide? You go to a lot of gov't jobs with a camera on your phone, you're being sent home or they're taking your phone.

You may not work for the gov't, but please don't say rubbish like that.
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express

boothes18

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
BUMP. Any News? No offence to 6snap, which is AWESOME, but we really need an official to help win people over and for instant notifications.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney