MLB At Bat for WP 8

fmavila05

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I got a Lumia 920 and so far I'm very satisfied with it. It has all the apps that I enjoy using with one exception, which is MLB At Bat with the ability to stream games. Does anyone know the chances of this option being available for the 2013 season? This might be a deal breaker for me to take the phone back, I know I should have looked it up beforehand but with the season being over it just slipped my mind when I got the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

mpprovolone

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard anything verified, but I had At Bat 12 for my 900 so hopefully they release an app on Windows Phone for the 2013 season as well.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The problem is that the Windows Phone AT Bat app was a second class citizen last time around. It didn't have live video, it had the old, less informative GameDay screens, and it wasn't included in an MLB.tv subscription like the other versions.

I really hope that improves next season with the WP8 version, but nobody can say for sure.

plar520

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
@SteveISU, you wouldn't count on improvements being made to the At Bat app, or there not being an At Bat app for the 2013 baseball season? I just purchased a Nokia Lumia 920 and was told (after I had purchased the phone) that there was no At Bat app for Windows phones. Say it isn't so!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I sent an e-mail to customerservice@website.mlb.com just now asking for them to bring streaming to WP8 for next season. I'd recommend (and ask) that everyone does the same to show them that there IS money to be made on the platform and that people are looking to purchase this. Make sure to mention to the that Windows Phone functionality is a major factor, because the best way to get their attention is to tell them your money is at stake.

I know I've been wanting MLB.TV for a couple of years, and was hoping to get it this season myself, but if they don't bring streaming to WP, I'm not giving them my money.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I had received an email a month or two back stating they wouldn't have the true version for WP8, perhaps they will have just the gameday audio like last year. MLB announced they would be supporting BlackBerry 10 but didn't say what kind of app they will have so I guess anything is possible.

Buttowski

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can live with just the streaming audio as long as windows phone at least gets an At Bat app for the 2013 season. I really like my Windows Phone but sometimes it makes me feel like a second class citizen.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I won't give MLB my money until they give full support. Oh well, I guess I'll wait until 2014 to consider MLB.TV again. I would consider the GameDay Audio offer, but on the principle of the matter, I'm not paying them until they actually offer full support.

Travis Petersen

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
This is an absolute joke. I have been a WP user since 2010!! We are now on WP8 and we can't get full MLB.TV support. This is the ONLY app I care about and want.

I love WP but this is making me want to switch. When are we ever going to get equivalent apps to iphone and android? How is Microsoft just letting apps like this slide by!?!?!

Extremely frustrated. This is why i pay hundreds of dollars for a phone. Not to text and make calls but to be able to have premium services. This is ridiculous.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
This is an absolute joke. I have been a WP user since 2010!! We are now on WP8 and we can't get full MLB.TV support. This is the ONLY app I care about and want.

I love WP but this is making me want to switch. When are we ever going to get equivalent apps to iphone and android? How is Microsoft just letting apps like this slide by!?!?!

Extremely frustrated. This is why i pay hundreds of dollars for a phone. Not to text and make calls but to be able to have premium services. This is ridiculous.
If this is the only premium service app that you care about and don't care about calls/text/PIM functions, etc, then I would say you chose poorly...

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
If this is the only premium service app that you care about and don't care about calls/text/PIM functions, etc, then I would say you chose poorly...
Android, iOS and even Blackberry all do phone/SMS/PIM just fine. This is one symptom of the much larger app issue that WP 8 has.

Travis Petersen

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
And this isn't some Rinky Dink app i have been waiting for. This is MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL. I remember watching March Madness on my friends iphone in 2010 thinking wow I can't wait till Microsoft can do this. Looks like I need to wait yet another year. Can we pay MLBs devs to make one?

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Android, iOS and even Blackberry all do phone/SMS/PIM just fine. This is one symptom of the much larger app issue that WP 8 has.
What? There is an app gap with WP????????

The guy I quoted though said this is the only app he cares about. If that is true, my point stands. He chose poorly. There are other options if this is the only app he cares about. For 3 years, he managed to live without this app, so what is another year or 2. Seems if it was that big of a deal in 3 years, there would have been an upgrade due in that time...

Travis Petersen

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
The guy you quoted was me.

The 3 years were when WP was in "beta". We knew there was an app gap and I was hopeful for when we were full fledged. It seemed that WP8 was the promised step. That phones would have similar or supieror specs to the competition and there would be no more hardware and software limitations. That Win8 would allow easy porting of apps to the platform. It appears that we're still in beta. And for someone who has supported MS through the tougher phases its starting to get frustrating that one of the most popular apps out there isn't available still.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
At Bat should be a standard app on every OS, and pretty much is. We had it on WP last year, but it was very scaled down, and did not allow you to watch the games. It was also priced very expensive $14.99, and was free for Android and iOS devices. To have more features of the app on those devices you did have to be a paid MLB.TV subscriber. This option was not released for WP. We just got the middle finger.

This actually is pretty pathetic, if it is not released for WP. Just about every streaming device has this app.

iOS
Android
Roku
XBox 360
PS3
Panasonic
Samsung
LG
Boxee
Apple TV
Western Digital TV
Computer

For the ones who think this is no big deal, let me take your comment away before you post it. "Well, just use one of those devices then."

Anyway, we all have an app we want that is currently missing. I don't care about Instagram, but that is one. The big difference here is that At Bat, is on almost every streaming device, not just one or two.

I do believe this will be released for WP. I don’t see how it couldn’t, but again, this is WP. I love my phone by the way and would not trade it for any other phone, on any other OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99