What is the best phone you ever owned? Be honest..

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Being a physical keyboard guy, Treos were the best. However, my old iPaq 910c had a "tab" key which I haven't seen on any other phone. Also had the most navigation buttons and scroll wheels, etc. of any phone. In short, a one-handed breeze. Too bad it had a tiny screen.

Right now, my Titan rules the day.

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Dell Venue Pro is/was my favorite keyboard phone of all time during 4 years of using any qwerty phones. My first smartphone ever was the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1. Oh boy that thing was a beauty at that time and still is a great looking phone. My second phone was international grey version hTC Touch Pro 2. My third phone, which I and many tech geeks consider it to be the best phone in the decade, was hTC HD 2. Beats any competitions for a brief period including iPhone 3 variations and almighty Nokia at that time. My fourth phone was Dell Venue Pro. Now I'm happily using sexy red hTC 8X. So what's the best phone? Well these 5 phones at their respectable era imo

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I am loving my 8x! Although I used to have a Samsung flip phone (a free Verizon phone) the thing was indestructible! Went through the washer and dryer twice a week, swimming in pools at least 30 different times over its lifespan, been a football whenever I was bored, and whenever it got dirty, lather it up with hand soap and run it under the faucet!

I miss those times!

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
For ease of use, flexibility, and reliability, iPhone 4s. Its still my go to line when I'm only taking one device.

For call quality and reception, I really miss my old Torch 9700. Awesome form factor too. If I find a cheap used one, I may pick it up for fun.

Overall design, aesthetics, and feel would so far be my 8x.

But, there is a reason I have 3 lines. I have tech ADD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
My L920 is growing on me faster than any phone before, to the point where I'm actually buying a computer to run Windows 8... So this will probably become my favorite phone...

But my favorite phone EVER would have to be my Samsung SGH-A727. Hands down.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
The best "phone" I have ever had was the Motorola w7868 StarTac (VZ). But smartphone would be the Nokia 900 (AT&T). Honorable mention goes to the Palm 700wx (Sprint). :)
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Motorola StarTac
+1!!! I once dropped my StarTac while entering a NYC subway and the phone survived. Only damage was a deep scuff on the corner where the phone initially landed, before tumbling all the way down the flight of concrete steps. I miss the days when phone were built to withstand clumsy hands.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not, I still have fond memories of my Palm Centro. Perfect shape, good os (for the day), durable. Of course, now it's the 822.

I agree. It may have been horribly dated for its time but the massive catalog of applications that still worked for it made it an excellent purchase.

You must be joking. Storm I was the biggest piece of garbage BB ever made. Ever. I've always been a BB fan, but no fan can ever defend that phone.

My wife went through no less than five Storms and eventually was upgraded to the Storm 2. It is truly a piece of ****.

From a call quality, reception, and battery life point of view, it was my TDMA Nokia 5165 and my GSM Nokia 6230. They were totally indestructible and the battery lasted an easy 5 days.

Other than that any phone that I own at that point in time, is the best one I ever had, so I would say the Lumia 820, closely followed by the 900

I had a 5120, 8260, 3360, 7160 and went back to the 3360. Those phones were just awesome. (And durable)

My Palm Pre. The OS was the best, and the shape and size were perfect. Like every review at the time said, it just felt great in your hand with its curved shape. The notifications were great, and somehow being able to just slide it open to answer a call was faster and easier. More graceful somehow. That falls under "tiny conveniences that make life better" for sure. So did being able to look into the top of my purse in a meeting, and confirm from the slider at the top that it was muted. There's a lot to be said for hardware over software for things like that.

I've had three phones since, and it still sits on its charger on my desk at home, telling me the time and checking my e-mail over WiFi.

Yes - I sit in front of a powerful desktop computer, and use the buzz of my Pre to tell me when I have new mail. And its notification system was so great, that a quick glance over at it continues to be the best way to know if I want to interrupt what I'm doing to read said e-mail.

My 8x is my first Windows phone, and it comes CLOSE to working with me as well as the Pre did, but it's not there yet.

I really wish the Pre would have taken off. I also wish Verizon would have marketed it more than a smartphone perfect for moms. The Pre was very enjoyable to use and quite a pocketable device. The OS had a nice modern appearance to it and just worked. Really, the Pre out of the box just worked. No issues.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This is a fun thread!!! :excited:

My favorite phone- not the toughest, not the most advanced, not the most popular as I never saw anyone else with one- was my feature phone Motorola Karma QA1. A portrait slider that just was a tough little guy with a wide body which gave the keyboard a little more room. I just LOVED that phone.

My BlackBerry Curve 8900 had the best reception EVER. Clear as a bell. Fantastic keyboard.

But I am onboard with a ton of other users here: Palm Pre Plus,WebOS, portrait slider, great email notifications, best multi-tasking bar none, portrait slider, good sliding mech...... moment of silence please...... :unhappy:

Worst phone ever? No question at all: The Samsung Blackjack with Windows Mobile. Piece of Holy Terror that one. It basically had three modes of operation: 1) Freezing 2) froze 3) Off. That thing scared me back to feature phones and ALMOST had me cross off WP7 just out of spite. LG VU Plus was a close second.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. If Palm/HP would have put webOS into some serious hardware, Android and iOS would be novelty items. Sales didn't justify expanding the line or apps being created but it was a catch-22, garbage hardware meant lower sales. Duh! Real marketing geniuses over there in Sunnyvale.

Captian4Phones

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
The best phone Ive ever used is my Motorola Atrix 2. My call quality is phenomenal battery life is second only to my iPhone 3GS. I love the UI build. The only complaint I have is that its lacking 4GLTE connectivity. Cant decide what I want to get for my new phone though. Im kinda leaning towards a WP8 device or the Galaxy Note 2.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The best phone Ive ever used is my Motorola Atrix 2. My call quality is phenomenal battery life is second only to my iPhone 3GS. I love the UI build. The only complaint I have is that its lacking 4GLTE connectivity. Cant decide what I want to get for my new phone though. Im kinda leaning towards a WP8 device or the Galaxy Note 2.

You already know what we're gonna say here... what are some things you want to do with your device?

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Sony Ericsson w810i. Still running to this day, use it as a camera and music player when kayaking and fishing. Could stay focused while driving and feel the buttons to make calls and even sometimes texts.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Sony Ericsson k750i. Reliable, durable, and more features than any phone you could get in the US at the time. Had to buy it from Europe/Asian markets full price but it was easy to snag one for about $300

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Best specs? 920, easy.

Best phone... Honest opinion?

iPhone4> all of my dumbphones> OpenMoko Neo Freerunner> BB bold 9700> iphone 1st gen> Moto backflip> 920

In terms of reliability, defects, returns/exchanges, general happiness with the devices... 920 takes the cake for steamiest POS of a cell phone I've ever owned. Hopefully the fourth one wont have defects out of the box. All three of mine have different problems (loose internals, broken buttons, light leaks, loose body, weird charging problems) can't wait to see what the fourth one brings. :eck:

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, the Nokia n73, Ofcourse at that time :p The design of the phone was just amazing, i really fell in love with that one. And the camera was good, and everything just worked. Ofcourse the battery was bad and symbian was slow. But the one thing that really blew my mind was the durability of the phone. I once threw it down from a 30 step stair, just a little scratch on the corner.
nokia-n73.jpg.gif
But ofcourse the wp era might be the best for me. And I really love my new L920!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos