So what exactly, are the new apps that you now use, and be honest, how often. It's okay to admit, that you were just thirsty to spend money and wanted to learn something new.
    Just my thoughts.
    Best Wishes.

Kevin Rush.
    I can tell what I couldn't use & now do use since switching from the ICON to a GS7.

2 banking apps(1 national bank & 1 local credit union,) my son's school app, my daughter's university app for parents, Super shuttle apps for checking in & making reservations, my county, state & national parks apps( I live in Colorado & use these a ton,) local news, my work apps for architecture, Samsung pay, Xfinity Go and Geico. Plus I now use a micro SD card & the Camera is better than the ICON & as good or better than the 950/950XL & it's water resistant up to 3 meters for 30 mins.
    05-19-2016 11:39 PM
    Decided to do it even though I have work in the morning. imageuploadedbywindows-central-forums1463717515.873534.jpg

I'm out of time to set stuff up but kind of excited

Edit: So it's the next day and I'm so glad it's dead at work since it's the end of the semester. I was doing that setup on my media 435 and it finished but I decided to bring my 640 too, so that I can set that up while here at work. Perfect environment to do so. Hoping that it would be all done with installing so that I can get my apps and my setup of the screen and everything. I bought the charger for the 640 too, so it is on! Still feeling excited, so excited that I forgot to put my jewelry on before leaving home
    Last edited by libra89; 05-20-2016 at 09:03 AM.
    05-20-2016 12:12 AM
    Thinking of switching, but the new native calculator app in w10m keeps me from doing it. LOL 😁 I wish 90% of WP apps are like that.
    05-20-2016 09:59 AM
    I can tell what I couldn't use & now do use since switching from the ICON to a GS7.

2 banking apps(1 national bank & 1 local credit union,) my son's school app, my daughter's university app for parents, Super shuttle apps for checking in & making reservations, my county, state & national parks apps( I live in Colorado & use these a ton,) local news, my work apps for architecture, Samsung pay, Xfinity Go and Geico. Plus I now use a micro SD card & the Camera is better than the ICON & as good or better than the 950/950XL & it's water resistant up to 3 meters for 30 mins.
    $792 at Verizon. Nice looking phone.

I can see the value of the Super shuttle apps for checking in & making reservations. Very handy on the go.

May I ask, what are your work apps for architecture?

Best Wishes
    05-20-2016 11:24 AM
    So I think it's been a month or so since I moved to ios. I don't really use the apps I thought I would, but I did download some dating apps, why not lol. But overall, I think the most convenient feature I like about my SE is the fingerprint reader. It's way faster than the iris scanner. Also the occasional use of Apple Pay. Another feature that I think suits my need is the Firefox. I'm a Firefox user so I like it how it just syncs to my phone. I know edge has this in WP, but I use Firefox 90% of the time when I'm on my desktop, and use Edge when I'm on my laptop. So am I coming back to WP? Maybe. Who knows what the rumored Surface Phone would have. Oh and I saw the iPhone 7 renders... Again nothing new with it. I'm curious to see what the new "Nokia" will produce and that may attract me to go back to Android again. Only time will tell...
    05-20-2016 03:51 PM
    So I think it's been a month or so since I moved to ios. I don't really use the apps I thought I would, but I did download some dating apps, why not lol. So am I coming back to WP? Maybe. Who knows what the rumored Surface Phone would have. Oh and I saw the iPhone 7 renders... Again nothing new with it. I'm curious to see what the new "Nokia" will produce and that may attract me to go back to Android again. Only time will tell...
    I remember a post that you posted about going back to the 950 (or xl) a little while ago, and I agree with you on some of your points here. I also used some apps because they are there too. I realized that one of the apps I use is because of how youtube only allows background playback if you get YouTube Music, I think. I will also be looking at Nokia's offerings out of curiosity. Going to give WP a whirl for the weekend, and see how that goes for me.
    05-20-2016 04:08 PM
    I remember a post that you posted about going back to the 950 (or xl) a little while ago, and I agree with you on some of your points here. I also used some apps because they are there too. I realized that one of the apps I use is because of how youtube only allows background playback if you get YouTube Music, I think. I will also be looking at Nokia's offerings out of curiosity. Going to give WP a whirl for the weekend, and see how that goes for me.
    I ended up selling it cos I am quite satisfied with the iPhone. However, i did buy a 1520 to satisfy that urge to use WM10. :)
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-20-2016 04:10 PM
    $792 at Verizon. Nice looking phone.

I can see the value of the Super shuttle apps for checking in & making reservations. Very handy on the go.

May I ask, what are your work apps for architecture?

Best Wishes
    Mine was only $672 the Edge is $795 & too big for me. Plus I got a free Samsung Gear 2 watch.

The apps I use for work are Autodesk A360 mobile & eBillity Time Tracker.

The parks apps are the other big ones I use for hiking & biking. Chimani, REI and The Pocket Ranger Colorado State Parks Guide apps are awesome.

Park goers can access rich GPS features, such as:

• Advanced GPS Maps, which allow users to access trail data, record tracks from hikes, runs, or bike rides, and view elapsed time and distance traveled.
    • Easy-to-cache GPS Terrain Map tiles, which ensure that navigation remains possible in the event of lost mobile reception.
    • Photo waypoint feature allowing users to snap a photo and mark and record the coordinates of plant life, animal species or landscape views. Post or share these remarkable finds with family and friends with the click of a button.
    • Friend Finder feature that allows users to keep track of friends and family around the parks.
    • Built-in compass to help direct users through the parks.
    • Potentially life-saving Alert feature that supplies users' GPS coordinates to designated contacts in case of an emergency.

Pocket Ranger technology also provides plenty of other standard features that make exploring the great outdoors a breeze, including:

• Thorough information on all State Parks including general policy, contact information, activities, trails, park maps and much more.
    • Detailed, cacheable maps of park facilities, trails and campgrounds.
    • Up-to-date news and information on park advisories and weather information.
    • Sharing features that allow users to share current positions, waypoints and recorded tracks via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
    • A Calendar of Events, updated in real time, listing all State Park events with the ability to filter by desired park. Users can also create their own schedule that can include any event from any park.
    • Access to online reservations that make it easy to secure overnight visits.
    • Plus so much more!
    Last edited by Robinsonmac; 05-20-2016 at 06:46 PM.
    05-20-2016 06:06 PM
    Constant phone heating and Glance screen details multiplication on screen is driving me crazy, Did Hard reset,visited service center a month back but issue keep popping up. Today again visited Microsoft Service Center... Guess what.. they are not Microsoft service center and now serving Lenovo and Motorola in Thane city. Service center in other areas in other part of Mumbai city are also changed their service owners or shutting down.
    Microsoft priority Shop is also have deserted most of the time.
    Time to shift now. iPhone SE or iPhone 6s. I am visiting Apple store today to check these phones and decide whether to keep Lumia 1520 after checking buyback price. Or else opt for Insiders preview on Lumia 1520 and go for iPhone.
    05-21-2016 04:20 AM
    The Word Flow keyboard on iphone is better than win 10 one. crazy. I'm on android 24/7 but checking in for the facebook app mobile then i may move i need it.
    05-21-2016 10:03 AM
    hi
    guys i gave my BLU win jrLTE to my sis inlaw i wasnt using it just got a good price on amazon got it and had it as a spare phone .My daily driver is an OPX
    to put it to good use i gifted it to her .SO thanks for all ur support and info it was fun here and goodbye wishing u all good luck
    05-22-2016 03:09 AM
    hi
    guys i gave my BLU win jrLTE to my sis inlaw i wasnt using it just got a good price on amazon got it and had it as a spare phone .My daily driver is an OPX
    to put it to good use i gifted it to her .SO thanks for all ur support and info it was fun here and goodbye wishing u all good luck
    Good luck with your new OnePlus X.

I hope your sister-in-law enjoys the BLU Win JR LTE. That's cool you provided it with a new home.
    05-22-2016 03:19 AM
    Hi again. Been coming back reading this thread for a few days now. Posted why I'm leaving WP a few pages back. Just wanted to fill in some thoughts; When the Lumia 920 was released here (Sweden) I directly bought one. Although it was hard to find a store that had those in stock. There were no advertising or commercials about this flagship cellphone. In fact all WindowsPhones were situated in the far, dark corner of every shop or retailer I visited. The knowledge from salesmen wasn't better....."Say what?? You want a WP?? Lets see where we keep them and IF we have any of them in stock....." and it wasn't better when you asked them to startup the phone and/or promote the WP for you to buy it. Almost everybody knew nada. Well, so far I've had this Lumia 920, Lumia 735 and now a 650. All of them I've been forced to know everything I want/need by browsing the web, including if they were available in Sweden. The situation is exactly the same today....no wonder nobody is seen with a WP among friends/colleagues or in public. As I feel it , it's like MS don't give a sxxt about this business or their customers. Yes, they release a few new models now and then but it dont feel like a solid interest in this from MS. I really, really like the OS but I'm leaving because of what I written above and because of the app gap. How are Lumias or WP's marketed and advertised where YOU live? Very curious....
    05-22-2016 03:08 PM
    So the weekend has come to a close for me.

To recap what that means for me, basically I had the idea of trying out my 640 on Insider for the weekend, and then I decided to do it after thinking about it.

I ended up doing it on my 435 and my 640 with the official production release for the latter, I messed up on the former first but eh, it is what it is. I thought that after this weekend, I would know for sure and have answers to if I can rock it with W10M or go back to the boring iPhone for the interim. Since I'm not sure, I will give this until Friday.

My general thoughts:
    -Much better than the first time I tried Insider last year
    -I like the aesthetics
    -Why are pinned sites so ugly? On iPhone, at least the pinned site makes it like an icon.
    -I keep forgetting that I have a phone with Glance so I keep waking up the screen to see if I have notifications. Old habits die hard?
    -Having a phone that isn't as boring is pleasing me so far (green back power!)
    -Outlook, and GroupMe look so good!
    -We finally have a timer built in the system
    -Battery life isn't as bad as I have read for some people. I charged yesterday evening (early) and I still haven't had to charge yet but will bring cable just in case to work tomorrow
    -Fortunately, my book app works awesome in Edge, and there's some kind of thing that allowed me to install MLB At Bat app on my phone since I had it before so this is pleasing to me too
    -I miss my social app, that is probably the one app that is bothering me the most
    -The official Twitter app looks good, but trying Fenice right now
    -For some reason, my 640 refused to connect to WiFi at church today, but it connected just fine on Friday so idk?
    -The new Windows Central app is really nice but it's annoying when it comes to long threads, like this one, so I only use it for news. On that note, finally discovered the awesome of mTalk, I see why everyone talks about it all the time!
    -Customization, omg I can customize all the way again!
    Last edited by libra89; 05-23-2016 at 12:12 AM.
    05-22-2016 11:54 PM
    Good luck with your new OnePlus X.

I hope your sister-in-law enjoys the BLU Win JR LTE. That's cool you provided it with a new home.
    ha ha thanks buddy the OPX isnt new i have had it for around 6 months its my daily use phone the BLU was just a spare phone and i wasnt using it so i thought giving it to her would put it to good use and shes happy with the new phone
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-23-2016 12:46 AM
    -Why are pinned sites so ugly? On iPhone, at least the pinned site makes it like an icon.
    It's even worse on the Windows 10 Start menu. I really hope Microsoft either makes the tile transparent or show a preview of the website because the blue tiles are just nasty-looking.

capture.jpg
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and ClixT like this.
    05-23-2016 02:10 AM
    It's even worse on the Windows 10 Start menu. I really hope Microsoft either makes the tile transparent or show a preview of the website because the blue tiles are just nasty-looking.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	126691
    That would be great. I had to "hide" my pins with transparent tiles because they are eyesores.
    wgs84 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-23-2016 11:19 AM
    That would be great. I had to "hide" my pins with transparent tiles because they are eyesores.
    I shoved all my pinned bookmarks into a folder marked "Internet", but doing that sometimes just creates its own eyesores and graphical issues. For example, putting a large rectangular Dropbox tile into a medium square folder tile sometimes shows the Dropbox icon cut off. Also, putting a medium or large People tile into a folder results in a blank square on the folder's live tile. But I think these are more app-dependent.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2016 12:55 PM
    Update:

So after my previous rants I decided to test out Windows 10 Mobile preview on my Lumia 630 (8.1). This phone is not getting the official update due to 512mb RAM but I'm done ranting about that. Anyway my impressions so far have been actually really positive. I think almost everything about Windows 10 mobile is better than Windows Phone 8.1. Notifications smarter, Office Apps more comprehensive, Edge browser faster, Tiles/Wallpaper smarter (yes I do like them better) and even the ability to save images as file names and create albums is all brilliant. Other subtle updates include upgraded keyboard with thumbstick and better emoji's (color skin options). Settings menus and tray fonts all look sleeker too.

The Apps situation also feels improved. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (including new icon & ui) all feel almost as good as the Android versions. I know some have complained that the Facebook App for example is just a iOS port, but I'd rather have that then an outdated featured Microsoft built version.

The only negative I've found with Windows 10 mobile is the lack of Lumia Camera app. I used to be able to take surprisingly impressive photos with my budget 630, but the new Camera app is now producing poor results. It is definitely a downgrade as far as my Camera is concerned so much that I've switched to a 3rd party one and require to do lots more post editing especially in low light conditions. I feel like the Lumia team tweaked the camera software perfectly for the 630 and that is all lost but hey ho.

So with all this in mind I am now taking a little more time to consider my next new phone. I do believe Windows 10 Mobile has potential and there is no risk of it dieing due to the popularity of the desktop version. It costs very little to keep the mobile team plugging along. I now have my eyes fixed on HP of all companies! Their new Elite X3 with Laptop extender could be the perfect solution for me (along with say a cheaper new iPod Touch for those few missing apps).

So yes, despite my previous rants Windows 10 Mobile has been a pleasant surprise. I'm not completely ruling out leaving but HP may just convince me to stay!
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    05-23-2016 01:30 PM
    My journey started with Nokia 1100 and now i am using Lumia 950 XL. I am facing a lot of issues and lag at most places like connecting to 3G, sending sms, viewing photos etc.. Windows phone 8.1 was much better in terms of stability and reliability. but it lacked lot of features. People were complaining about apps and they told always that windows phone 8.1 runs better even on low spec devices which is not true for windows 10 mobile devices. I feel people not facing problems on their devices might be due to single or dual sim variants. Nokia did a splendid job in releasing the apt firmware necessary to run the OS smoothly on a specific device. Microsoft is mostly concentrating on OS updates than firmware. I don't say that this might be the exact issue why we are having so many problems with windows 10 mobile but its true that none of the devices released by Microsoft are reliable as Nokia devices. They brought Nokia but they were unable to maintain such standards Nokia setup in the Industry. Nokia was sinking but it was rising very slowly with windows phone but they lacked funds that could have helped them rise faster. Microsoft made a great decision in buying Nokia but they have not utilized its full potential. It might be due to the merger of two branches or lay offs etc but Damage is done.
    I am afraid i cant recommend it to anyone now. WINDOWS 10 MOBILE IS STILL BETA SOFTWARE. No one can deny it with any excuse. I am true fan but it hurts to pay for the device and know that the platform is sinking. Whatever might be the reason but after all these years i spent with my Nokia devices i fear the end has come.
    I used Nokia 1100, 3110c, 6085, N73, C7, Lumia 800, 525, 920, 925,1520,950 XL.
    Its really paining at heart but i am considering to leave windows. I do love the camera on my lumia a lot, thats holding me but now the competitors like samsung s7 has done good job. I am waiting for anniversary update to see and make my mind. Lets hope for best. :(
    05-23-2016 01:39 PM
    I had the same thoughts with my 830. 8.1 was good, but W10 just had too many little things that annoyed me. I've had my S7 Edge for about a month now and it's been flawless.
    05-23-2016 02:45 PM
    So the weekend has come to a close for me.

To recap what that means for me, basically I had the idea of trying out my 640 on Insider for the weekend, and then I decided to do it after thinking about it.

I ended up doing it on my 435 and my 640 with the official production release for the latter, I messed up on the former first but eh, it is what it is. I thought that after this weekend, I would know for sure and have answers to if I can rock it with W10M or go back to the boring iPhone for the interim. Since I'm not sure, I will give this until Friday.

My general thoughts:
    -Much better than the first time I tried Insider last year
    -I like the aesthetics
    -I keep forgetting that I have a phone with Glance so I keep waking up the screen to see if I have notifications. Old habits die hard?
    -Having a phone that isn't as boring is pleasing me so far (green back power!)
    -Outlook, and GroupMe look so good!
    -We finally have a timer built in the system
    -Battery life isn't as bad as I have read for some people. I charged yesterday evening (early) and I still haven't had to charge yet but will bring cable just in case to work tomorrow
    -Fortunately, my book app works awesome in Edge, and there's some kind of thing that allowed me to install MLB At Bat app on my phone since I had it before so this is pleasing to me too
    -I miss my social app, that is probably the one app that is bothering me the most
    -The official Twitter app looks good, but trying Fenice right now
    -For some reason, my 640 refused to connect to WiFi at church today, but it connected just fine on Friday so idk?
    -The new Windows Central app is really nice but it's annoying when it comes to long threads, like this one, so I only use it for news. On that note, finally discovered the awesome of mTalk, I see why everyone talks about it all the time!
    -Customization, omg I can customize all the way again!
    My 640 is currently languishing at the moment although I do keep it charged. Without the SIM in and the Wifi/Bluetooth off, the battery seems to last forever I have been waiting for T-Mobile to release the OS officially but like you were I am starting to get restless and may end up just going insider as well. The trouble is I have gotten used to my LG K7 as a daily driver. It's also a hassle to crack open the cases and shells of these phones to swap the SIM but if I put insider on, even if I don't use the 640 as a phone, I need to make sure it still actually can function as one!

How is the camera app? I take it there are still manual controls and do the images come out the same as with the Lumia app?

Funny enough the reason I now have an interest in possibly going insider is the fact that Misfit finally updated their app for Windows 10 Mobile. The sad thing is the reviews seem to suggest it's not much better than their old one, which I couldn't even get to work at all on my Lumia 640 It does make me wonder if they even test their Windows Mobile apps!
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2016 05:23 PM
    My 640 is currently languishing at the moment although I do keep it charged. Without the SIM in and the Wifi/Bluetooth off, the battery seems to last forever I have been waiting for T-Mobile to release the OS officially but like you were I am starting to get restless and may end up just going insider as well. The trouble is I have gotten used to my LG K7 as a daily driver. It's also a hassle to crack open the cases and shells of these phones to swap the SIM but if I put insider on, even if I don't use the 640 as a phone, I need to make sure it still actually can function as one!

How is the camera app? I take it there are still manual controls and do the images come out the same as with the Lumia app?

Funny enough the reason I now have an interest in possibly going insider is the fact that Misfit finally updated their app for Windows 10 Mobile. The sad thing is the reviews seem to suggest it's not much better than their old one, which I couldn't even get to work at all on my Lumia 640 It does make me wonder if they even test their Windows Mobile apps!
    Haha. Very true point about it working as a phone. The struggle is real when it comes to patience. I haven't tried WiFi calling at all. The release preview build is nice.

As for the camera, can't use Lumia camera sadly. The pictures are decent, but I haven't had anything nice to take a picture of. The manual controls are there too. I'm going to have to try some more before I decide if it is better or worse.

I totally understand wanting to try because of an app. I am guilty of that too. I think if you are up to it, you should try it. I literally took the sim from my SE at work and put it in the 640. Lol

(Not having that one social app is bugging me though, ugh. I have pinned the site, but I feel like it requires additional work to use it.)

Sent from mTalk
    Last edited by libra89; 05-23-2016 at 06:49 PM.
    05-23-2016 05:57 PM
    So... back on OT (I thought this was meant to be a thread about leaving WP/W10M and the like as opposed to playing with your new L640 i.e. the posts above) - according to The Verge, Microsoft's mobile marketshare has now dipped to under 1%. That's REALLY really bad.

Apologists will make their comebacks with "oh but they're just chilling until next year". Yeah sorry, imagine if Apple or Google said that?

So at what point do you say "It's DEAD"? Seems like it's pretty clear it's dead to me.
    05-23-2016 06:48 PM
    So... back on OT (I thought this was meant to be a thread about leaving WP/W10M and the like as opposed to playing with your new L640 i.e. the posts above) - according to The Verge, Microsoft's mobile marketshare has now dipped to under 1%. That's REALLY really bad.

Apologists will make their comebacks with "oh but they're just chilling until next year". Yeah sorry, imagine if Apple or Google said that?

So at what point do you say "It's DEAD"? Seems like it's pretty clear it's dead to me.
    I don't see how it is off topic. I have "switched" platforms but I'm wrestling with the fact that the iPhone is so boring. Because of that, I'm dabbling with the 640 on Insider. I'm not sure if I would stay on it, or switch back, and as the pages before this one show, I'm not the only one struggling.

So far, the excitement is cool, but lacking the one app is annoying me.
    Last edited by libra89; 05-23-2016 at 07:24 PM.
    05-23-2016 06:55 PM
5,458 ... 100101102103104 ...