02-22-2018 04:08 PM
5,463 ... 117118119120121 ...
tools
    I really wish this was allowed back when I was a user of iOS 6. I had to make this "junk" folder and "hide" it on the second screen along with newsstand.
    Yep, same deal with me now. The only nice thing that apple does is that you can kind of actually hide music and news by changing the visibility in settings. Sadly, those are the only apps that I know of which work that way. When iOS 10 is released for my SE, I will be installing that as soon as I can!
    07-22-2016 03:19 PM
    I'm excited about being able to actually hide (most) system apps in iOS 10.

If it's anything like how it is on my HTC One A9, I'm ready!

I agree with you, well said. I keep saying it but there are things that I love about Windows Mobile, iOS, and Android. There are also things that I don't like either, of course.

I think fighting to use a platform that you (general you) are struggling with is for what it might lack for you is just silly. Then again, I'm the same person who likes her iPhone a LOT but can't use it full-time because of aesthetics (no customization). I knew that going in, but I didn't know how much it would bother me.

Windows Mobile customization is still my perfect aesthetic BUT some of the apps aren't there for me yet.
    Yes --- this!
    libra89 likes this.
    07-22-2016 04:22 PM
    That feature was part of Windows Phone 7, for some reason it got removed in WP8. I recall a friend had a Samsung phone (the Focus maybe) that did this and was running WP7.
    Interesting. I had an HTC Trophy which didn't have an expansion card, so I didn't know that. I suspect it got lost when they had to re-write the OS from 7 to 8. It was a feature that could be easily left out, so it was. Just a guess, though.
    07-22-2016 05:54 PM
    At this point, I'm not sure why some of you still read my phone "adventures" or craziness, if you will, but thanks for reading. This is another one of those posts.

So the HTC One A9 is nice, and I really like it. I finally got screen protectors today. I don't feel comfortable having a phone without one for a while. Anyway, the screen protector has changed the way that I view the phone...for worse. I have read that screen protectors are hard for this model, simply because of the curved edges. I figured that was normal until after I put it on. The protector completely ruined the aesthetic for me. So much that I moved my sim back to my SE because I know that I would be bothered by this. I can finally understand why people get annoyed with the Samsung Galaxy Edge models and screen protectors.

I hate flip cases, I feel uncomfortable with no screen protector, so I'm really trying to think of what to do. I know, I'm weird but I'm this way about a number of things, outside of phones.
    07-26-2016 07:47 PM
    At this point, I'm not sure why some of you still read my phone "adventures" or craziness, if you will, but thanks for reading. This is another one of those posts.

So the HTC One A9 is nice, and I really like it. I finally got screen protectors today. I don't feel comfortable having a phone without one for a while. Anyway, the screen protector has changed the way that I view the phone...for worse. I have read that screen protectors are hard for this model, simply because of the curved edges. I figured that was normal until after I put it on. The protector completely ruined the aesthetic for me. So much that I moved my sim back to my SE because I know that I would be bothered by this. I can finally understand why people get annoyed with the Samsung Galaxy Edge models and screen protectors.

I hate flip cases, I feel uncomfortable with no screen protector, so I'm really trying to think of what to do. I know, I'm weird but I'm this way about a number of things, outside of phones.
    I feel your pain. Screen protectors also look really bad on my 930. Either you get used to it or live with the daily risk of acquiring micro scratches. On the other hand, the glass is so smooth to touch! Feels just right. I recall seeing about a Skinomi screen protector that fit the entire display properly, too bad it'd be expensive to import it. Maybe one is also available for the HTC?

anyway, what about the SE? I heard the battery life is quite decent compared to other iPhones... Has the small screen ever been an issue on occasions? This is the first iPhone ever to catch my eye...
    07-26-2016 10:53 PM
    I feel your pain. Screen protectors also look really bad on my 930. Either you get used to it or live with the daily risk of acquiring micro scratches. On the other hand, the glass is so smooth to touch! Feels just right. I recall seeing about a Skinomi screen protector that fit the entire display properly, too bad it'd be expensive to import it. Maybe one is also available for the HTC?

anyway, what about the SE? I heard the battery life is quite decent compared to other iPhones... Has the small screen ever been an issue on occasions? This is the first iPhone ever to catch my eye...
    So you can relate to my annoyance, good to know that I'm not alone here, haha. I hate having any kind of scratches or things of that nature that I can control. Even in college/university, I never put any marks in my textbooks or used a highlighter. It's just not for me. Thank you for the suggestion of Skinomi. I have one on my Lumia and it's great. I think all of the reviews were bad for this HTC one though, I will look into it though.

As for the SE, the battery life is awesome. For me, it's almost impossible to make it run out in a day. I always get a day and some of battery life and if I am very light with my usage, I can get 2 full days easily. Nope, the small screen is fine with me. To me, the size and the specs together is something that I love about it.
    07-27-2016 12:14 AM
    So I just learned that you can change third party icons on iOS, common ones, that is (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc). I think that is really cool but sadly, the ones I tried seem not to work for the some of the system stuff like the phone, messages, camera. Funny enough, I have seen one work for email and messages but not the phone. I don't know if I should keep digging or if I just shouldn't be bothered.
    07-28-2016 09:04 AM
    I don't know if I should keep digging or if I just shouldn't be bothered.
    YES... Squeeze some individuality out of that Apple.
    07-28-2016 04:03 PM
    I'm sorry but the 925 is not supported for W10M so you are at the end of the line.
    thanks for the information. Then it is time for me to buy another OS. I updated the 925 to see the development of W10M but in general it does not satisfy me. Maps is not correct enough, still the app gap, battery drain, the mail doesn't work as it should be ( and this is common for W10!, it's disastrous). I think I will switch to a google machine :( the ideas of W10 are okay, but just it's all a bit to late and not complete enough. And now they don't give chance for people with older device to sew how it'll be. As being end of line, it's not sufficient I would say.
    08-03-2016 11:32 AM
    For me, I switch to iOS (iPhone) and I use my Lumia 1520 as a second device.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-03-2016 01:04 PM
    I'm thinking about changing to the new rumored Nokia android phone.
    08-03-2016 01:18 PM
    thanks for the information. Then it is time for me to buy another OS. I updated the 925 to see the development of W10M but in general it does not satisfy me. Maps is not correct enough, still the app gap, battery drain, the mail doesn't work as it should be ( and this is common for W10!, it's disastrous). I think I will switch to a google machine :( the ideas of W10 are okay, but just it's all a bit to late and not complete enough. And now they don't give chance for people with older device to sew how it'll be. As being end of line, it's not sufficient I would say.
    If you are buying a new phone anyway why not get a W10 Phone that will upgrade to the new version? The Lumia 640 is cheaper than any decent Andriod phone.
    08-04-2016 09:08 AM
    Moving on. Again.

I started with a little Samsung flip phone, then a bunch of little Blackberry things, HTC Radar, LG G4, and now this Note 7. I can't wait.

Tbh, I doubt I'll ever necessarily move on from Samsung or Notes again. But, we'll see. I sure wish Outlook was better, though. Its funny though, I was some close of getting an iPhone some years ago, but now, eh.
    Attached Thumbnails 003-02.png  
    Last edited by Blu3V3nom07; 08-04-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-04-2016 01:48 PM
    If you are buying a new phone anyway why not get a W10 Phone that will upgrade to the new version? The Lumia 640 is cheaper than any decent Andriod phone.
    Because I'm not sure that W10m is on a good, decent level. Now with the 925 I see troubles which I think will be also in any W10 phone. Especially the mail app is so terrible bad.
    08-04-2016 03:51 PM
    Because I'm not sure that W10m is on a good, decent level. Now with the 925 I see troubles which I think will be also in any W10 phone. Especially the mail app is so terrible bad.

What problems are you having with the mail app? I use mine all day long for both business and personal and have no issues on my 640XL.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-04-2016 07:46 PM
    For me, I switch to iOS (iPhone) and I use my Lumia 1520 as a second device.
    Moving on. Again.

I started with a little Samsung flip phone, then a bunch of little Blackberry things, HTC Radar, LG G4, and now this Note 7. I can't wait.

Tbh, I doubt I'll ever necessarily move on from Samsung or Notes again. But, we'll see. I sure wish Outlook was better, though. Its funny though, I was some close of getting an iPhone some years ago, but now, eh.
    The most important thing you can do is what will work for you. It's very easy to follow Windows 10 Mobile on your Windows Phone. I do it as well, really looking forward to the anniversary update.

As for me, I'm in an odd place right now. I'm too lazy to customize icons on my SE, so I just edited a background to my liking which works and annoys me way less than the usual. However, I'm refusing to turn on iMessage and FaceTime (not personally invested in using those things so eh), while trying to decide my next course of action. Sold the A9, and I'm working on selling my Robin (size is annoying). At this point in time, I have a primary phone by force in the SE but I don't know if I should try a 950 or wait for a smaller Android phone with decent battery life and specs
    08-04-2016 08:22 PM
    I have many 'I wants' ... Idol Pro 4 ... The next Nexus (HTC made) ... next Microsoft flagship ... new rumored Surface All in One ... 32 hour workweek
    08-04-2016 08:49 PM
    I have many 'I wants' ... Idol Pro 4 ... The next Nexus (HTC made) ... next Microsoft flagship ... new rumored Surface All in One ... 32 hour workweek
    Ahh it's so hard. The more "leaks", the more curiosity I have about the rumored Nexus.
    mark233 and RumoredNow like this.
    08-04-2016 09:16 PM
    I've been asked "Why do you have so many different phones?" ... my first reply is always "Because sports cars are too expensive for me." lol
    08-04-2016 09:44 PM
    You should take a 950 for a spin soon Libra. They're getting to borderline affordable ridiculous about soon now. Sell that Robin and the A9, and you have yourself some nice spare change. And a new 950 to test. Maybe like even. Until its drool time for teh new Nexus :P And with your SE, you are in no lack of the App Gap as people call it.

From what I'm hearing, the AU is really taking the brakes off these devices. I'd personally dig a 950XL for me. But I'm broke as turd. Heart too. :/ So whatever me.

-- W
    libra89, RumoredNow and mark233 like this.
    08-05-2016 04:46 AM
    I've been asked "Why do you have so many different phones?" ... my first reply is always "Because sports cars are too expensive for me." lol
    Best response ever!

You should take a 950 for a spin soon Libra. They're getting to borderline affordable ridiculous about soon now. Sell that Robin and the A9, and you have yourself some nice spare change. And a new 950 to test. Maybe like even. Until its drool time for teh new Nexus :P And with your SE, you are in no lack of the App Gap as people call it.

From what I'm hearing, the AU is really taking the brakes off these devices. I'd personally dig a 950XL for me. But I'm broke as turd. Heart too. :/ So whatever me.

-- W
    Thank you, I just might. I'm not a flagship phone person (mid-range all the way for me) but with these prices, I'll be silly to not at least try. The A9 is gone, the Robin just needs to be lol. We'll see. I love the size of the SE, but not the lack of customization. If one of the new Nexus is smaller (5.2" or less, preferably less), I'll be more interested. I'm really leaning on trying it.

Aw that sucks that you can't have one right now. Yeah, I think it'll probably be great. I'm not ready to get off Production to rejoin Insider to find out, lol.

Edit: So I decided to buy the 950 to try it out. I hope to like it, we'll see. At least I know the camera is great though.
    Last edited by libra89; 08-05-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    08-05-2016 08:22 AM
    Damn. Did I just reel you in line, hook and sinker with one post Libra? Dayum. Wish that worked in real life for me too. :/

And I'd much rather real life work out for me than a 950XL, but yes, I'd settle for a 950XL if life wont work out. :P

But on a more serious note, not that I wasnt serious before, but the 950/XL are technically creeping into midrange category with the release of SD820 devices on the market. So you need'nt worry yourself about it too much anymore if you catch my drift. ;) You're purchasing a definitely flagship midrange device. :D

-- W
    08-05-2016 12:36 PM
    Damn. Did I just reel you in line, hook and sinker with one post Libra? Dayum. Wish that worked in real life for me too. :/

And I'd much rather real life work out for me than a 950XL, but yes, I'd settle for a 950XL if life wont work out. :P

But on a more serious note, not that I wasnt serious before, but the 950/XL are technically creeping into midrange category with the release of SD820 devices on the market. So you need'nt worry yourself about it too much anymore if you catch my drift. ;) You're purchasing a definitely flagship midrange device. :D

-- W
    I guess you did! Aw, at least it will work sometimes but seriously I hope that real life works out for you too, with or without the 950 XL.

You're right, that's a good way to look at it. :)
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    08-05-2016 02:14 PM
    Guess that means I just have to keep plugging away at it if you get what I mean. :P

But on a more serious note, thank you for the good will Libra. :) And also, have you checked what AT&T is doing? They have the Lumia 950 down to 299, brand spanking new at that too! Buy from them, unlock outside, and use wherever. :D Not sure if you havent already ordered though, but this is about as much as that Robin set you back by. :)

-- W
    libra89 likes this.
    08-05-2016 07:02 PM
    I'm seriously looking into note 7. It's everything i wish the surface phone would have, minus WM10
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    08-05-2016 07:05 PM
5,463 ... 117118119120121 ...