02-07-2018 09:50 PM
5,457 ... 128129130131132 ...
tools
    Seriously, I found myself missing the Honor 8.
    There's a lot to like about the 8:
    Price
    Function
    OS add in features
    Speed (big one)
    Camera
    ...and whatever else is still undiscovered within the SOC.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-01-2016 03:13 AM
    I'm aware that there's no perfect phone but I'm still attempting to chase it with my chronic switching.
    Glad I'm not alone in this pursuit. I've also been trying to find the perfect phone ever since MS dropped the ball on W10M, and I haven't found it yet. I'm on an iPhone SE right now (4th time trying an iPhone) and so far I like the smaller form factor + raise to wake (finally a suitable replacement for Glance).

Now if I could have an Xperia Compact running Windows with the iOS App Store slapped on, that might be close to perfect.
    10-01-2016 03:49 PM
    I'm glad that you are having better luck than I did! I feel like iOS 10 is much nicer with the 6s or 6s+ because of the 3d touch. It's weird that some people are still having issues with their signal and others are just fine. I hope that it'll be better soon...at least before I try again. lol

I agree about the Raise to Wake, I did like that because it kind of reminds me of Glance.
    Raise to Wake seems very similar to Glance and Moto Display.
    libra89, mark233 and Guytronic like this.
    10-01-2016 03:55 PM
    Raise to Wake seems very similar to Glance and Moto Display.
    It is similar. Moto display (in my thinking) is closer to the Glance experience on a Lumia. The iPhone's Raise to wake feature is nice in that you just pick up the phone (or take it out of your pocket) and the lockscreen appears --- along with any new notifications that have been received. While in this state one can just touch the Home button (no need to physically press) to unlock (if you have fingerprint touch saved). It's really a nice feature in my opinion.
    This feature isn't available on the first generation iPhone 6 and 6+. Just 6s/plus and later models.
    10-01-2016 04:20 PM
    Glad I'm not alone in this pursuit. I've also been trying to find the perfect phone ever since MS dropped the ball on W10M, and I haven't found it yet. I'm on an iPhone SE right now (4th time trying an iPhone) and so far I like the smaller form factor + raise to wake (finally a suitable replacement for Glance).

Now if I could have an Xperia Compact running Windows with the iOS App Store slapped on, that might be close to perfect.
    Yes to everything you said. That would be the perfect combo in size and in general!

Yep, you're not alone, it's been 9 months of trying out different phones. Some people look forward to getting wasted and I have been here just ordering, trying, returning and selling phones. Some people think I'm crazy, my sister included.
    10-01-2016 04:28 PM
    So I switched to my iPhone SE recently to try iOS 10...

...Decided to downgrade to iOS 9 because of T-Mobile signal issues, and also the battery seemed to go down faster. Not a good combo.
    If you had issues locking to LTE that may have caused the battery drain. Inconsistent signal is a notorious battery thief.
    10-01-2016 09:40 PM
    If you had issues locking to LTE that may have caused the battery drain. Inconsistent signal is a notorious battery thief.
    I believe you could be right here.

The weird thing about this is that it changed at home but not at work. Apparently, I'm not the only person having these issues. Since downgrading, my signal is back to normal, as is my battery life when I had my sim in it. xd
    10-01-2016 09:57 PM
    Love Android, best decision in years. There are all the apps I need and they are updated regularly. And the phone just simply works. No annoying bugs or whatever.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    anon(6078578) and Guytronic like this.
    10-02-2016 08:47 AM
    Well after being in the MSFT and Google camp for a couple of years I'm thinking of rejoining Apple last Apple product I used fully was the iBook G3 "Snow". So I'm thinking of buying an iPhone either the 7 or 6S and for the MacBook idk haha.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android (LG V10 or Nexus 5x)
    Timbre70 likes this.
    10-03-2016 03:29 PM
    I understand choosing iOS over W10m... but IMHO there is not much incentive to switch Mac's over Windows. I tried to use a Mac to replace windows PC's some years ago and didn't work out at all.
    libra89 and HeyCori like this.
    10-03-2016 03:35 PM
    I think I'm phone restless. Might be that time again for me to reevaluate what I want/need in a phone again. Let's just say that a certain person here has been affected by me doing this (I am so sorry)

The Honor 8 is awesome, but with all of these calendar events I am having to schedule in my phone, it's hard to deal with sync errors. The quick solution is to remove the account and then add again...to have the same thing happen over and over.

The lack of customization (check out MrMobile 's review on the iPhone 7), and the 2 looks in 3 sizes and now 5 colors of the iPhone is my only annoyance with it. Otherwise, Microsoft services are a dream.
    Laura Knotek and mark233 like this.
    10-03-2016 04:13 PM
    I think I'm phone restless. Might be that time again for me to reevaluate what I want/need in a phone again.
    ...are you house and car restless also? ...... ...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-03-2016 04:31 PM
    ...are you house and car restless also? ...... ...
    Haha xd Nope.

I just bought my car a few months ago and I have JUST recovered from that. I am looking to move sometime this year possibly but no later than next year. Kind of restless there but for a different reason from the phone stuff.
    Laura Knotek and mark233 like this.
    10-03-2016 04:46 PM
    Get the iPhone 6S. It'll be cheaper and it has a battery life than the 7
    10-03-2016 07:22 PM
    Get the iPhone 6S. It'll be cheaper and it has a battery life than the 7
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I currently own an iPhone SE that I am pleased with and also has nice battery life. It's just hard to deal with the lack of customization internally.
    10-03-2016 09:08 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I currently own an iPhone SE that I am pleased with and also has nice battery life. It's just hard to deal with the lack of customization internally.
    I understand what you're saying. I have Android devices that use stock Android, yet I still use Nova Launcher Prime and icon sets to customise my devices.
    Guytronic, mark233 and libra89 like this.
    10-03-2016 11:57 PM
    I understand what you're saying. I have Android devices that use stock Android, yet I still use Nova Launcher Prime and icon sets to customise my devices.
    Yeah it's just nicer to have the choice.

I found out how to fix my calendar sync woes on Android and it works. I am so excited!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-04-2016 08:44 PM
    Sad to say I have to go to competitor. No one is carrying Windows Phone at a reasonable rate or in stock. Dog knocked my 640 off table and screen is cracked. Went to replace with another and discontinued with a similar replacement being over 100. I know I could order the 550 but that is less for more. Got a phone for 49.99 with 16 gb storage and marshmallow. Hopefully I will like it. Love Windows 10 on the 640 but sadly Microsoft is proud of there products and no one carries them. Seems like Microsoft wants to fail. Specs on new phone are similarly close so I will see. I know I will miss Windows Phone but doesn't seem Microsoft wants to succeed with phones.
    10-05-2016 12:37 AM
    Hi Roddie,

Just because you're switching to a different platform doesn't mean you have to leave.

Mobile Nations is a community of all mobile platforms. Your account here includes Passport, which gives you access to all of our sister sites. So if you're getting an Android, please check out Android Central, or if you're getting an iPhone, please check out iMore.

We want you to stay around, no matter what platform you choose, and we're friendly on all sites. Many of us are active on multiple sites, including some of the moderators such as me, since we use multiple platforms.

I hope this helps.
    10-05-2016 12:54 AM
    Like Laura says...stick around. There are many people who have either gone to another OS or like myself, use 2 phones. I have an Android for work and a WP for personal use. Android Central, Windows Central and iMore are all part of Mobile Nations. Some contributors on this site don't even us a Windows Phone anymore but still post in various threads. It's all good. :).
    10-05-2016 01:30 AM
    I understand choosing iOS over W10m... but IMHO there is not much incentive to switch Mac's over Windows. I tried to use a Mac to replace windows PC's some years ago and didn't work out at all.
    Yeah you're right about the Mac thing haha I'll a surface book then anyway I'll probably get a iPhone 6s then.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android (LG V10 or Nexus 5x)
    Laura Knotek and HeyCori like this.
    10-05-2016 02:56 AM
    I don't know where you're located, but if you're in the US, you can get an unlockable (instantly) AT&T GoPhone 640 for $65 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-640...pUvbUpU3573425

I'm the opposite, I went from a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to a Lumia 640 (same one as in the link), and I've just ordered an HP Elite x3 (which should be here in like a week). I had a 1520 a few years ago too, and I regret getting rid of it. I'm back to WP10 for the forseeable future.

Good luck though, with whatever you end up sticking with.
    10-05-2016 05:52 AM
    I'm thinking about getting a Samsung S7, and keep my 950 as a spare phone to see if MS comes up with something cool later on. Has anyone here gone from Lumia 950/XL to the S7 ? How has that worked out for you? Happy with the choice?
    10-05-2016 08:43 AM
    I'm thinking about getting a Samsung S7, and keep my 950 as a spare phone to see if MS comes up with something cool later on. Has anyone here gone from Lumia 950/XL to the S7 ? How has that worked out for you? Happy with the choice?
    I haven't done that myself, but if I can ask, why the s7? It's a nice phone but there are lots of other choices that are also nice as well, and you get more bang for your buck.
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    10-05-2016 11:07 AM
    Thanks. I didn't see this before I ordered the LG Phoenix 2 for 49.99. If this one doesn't work out then will order if available anymore the 640 as it is my favorite phone to date.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-05-2016 12:38 PM
5,457 ... 128129130131132 ...