04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    How does a live tile update every 15 seconds? Weren't they limited to 30 minutes?
    It uses push notifications instead of background agents. Push notifications can update in real time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-25-2013 06:01 PM
    In my case, i bought a 720, but came with a defective volume button, the store trade for another 720; but some thing mess me up, some not too much, like few apps available (no waze and a promise that never come true), and bugs on existents ones (like whatsapp), but the worse it's that WP8 doesn't vibrate the phone continuously, just a little vibrate and its gone, only sound.
    So, i really liked the OS, the stability, but i will move to an Android (like Nexus 4 or S3, here in Brazil it's the same price), somewhere in the future, if the OS resolve the most part of this bugs, i can think in back to WP.
    07-05-2013 05:00 PM
    Hii everyone. I'm pretty sure that almost everyone here might disagree with me as this is a Lumia 920 forum but I wanted to share my experience so here it is, anyways.

I decided to get a lumia 920 in black and so I did get it. At first sight, here are the pros:

1) Amazing display
    2) Good battery life
    3) Nice design
    4) Awesome camera

Okay that's pretty much it about the pros section of this phone. Here comes the cons:

1) Heavy
    2) WP8? Simply sucks. (I'll explain)
    3) Animations are weird
    4) Lack of customization
    5) Heats up from top right corner

Well, the windows phone 8 is pretty good in some ways actually. It nevers slow or lags down a bit and is good. But the main problem is the APPLICATIONS! NOT EVEN AUTO ROTATION OFF OPTION? I mean, dude seriously?

I was even unable to find a good facebook chat messenger. Facebook and whatsapp simply sucks on that platform. No games or other third party applications. Its just like a good platform half unfinished and not yet ready for the market. I started regretting my choice and decided to give my lumia 920 in and take an iPhone 4s in black.
    07-24-2013 02:36 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience, hope you enjoy using your new phone.
    07-24-2013 02:38 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience, hope you enjoy using your new phone. (2)
    07-24-2013 02:58 PM
    Good choice as you're an app person!! For those who want simplicity and uses basic apps, can live with the gripes of wp8 shortcomings stick with your windows phone :-) .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    07-24-2013 03:00 PM
    Waiii you could post this as a facebook status :p
    07-24-2013 03:01 PM
    if you use your phone for facebook and games you should stay on 4s
    if you use your phone for anything else than facebook and games you should really consider to get Lumia 920. for business and work its a very good phone.

my personal experience with both phones.
    James Martin6 likes this.
    07-24-2013 03:04 PM
    Never ceases to make me laugh when people say this phone is heavy. It's no heavier than a burger.

I'll agree on the rotation lock thing though. That needs to get sorted soon.
    07-24-2013 03:14 PM
    So short sighted... That's about all I have to say. Oh, and I say this as a former iPhone 4 user who replaced that phone with a Nokia Lumia 810, followed by a black Lumia 920 like that of the OP and was *that* close to buying a Lumia 925 at T-Mobile less than an hour ago.
    07-24-2013 03:18 PM
    Animations are weird?
    Translation:

The animations are different from the same animations I've been seeing on my iCrap device since 2007.
    07-24-2013 03:20 PM
    Though your Facebook problems completely resonate with me (mostly notifications in general),

Lack of customization?
    So you went to iOS?
    Wut.
    07-24-2013 03:27 PM
    I don't see how ios is more customizable than WP
    sueha, James Martin6 and LMZR like this.
    07-24-2013 03:31 PM
    I doubt anyone here will think anything of ya one way or the other. Use whatever device makes you happy. I'll tip my hat to ya for at least giving WP a try. Thats more than most people do.
    07-24-2013 03:43 PM
    WP8? Simply sucks... <snipped> ...APPLICATIONS! NOT EVEN AUTO ROTATION OFF OPTION? I mean, dude seriously?
    Look. Anyone can find a feature that one platform has that another platform lacks. I can just as well say: hey, the iPhone is the suckiest phone ever. It doesn't even have live tiles. The iPhone is really nothing more than glorified but still boring app launcher. You see how that works?

It's all a question of which features we appreciate most. I think you are crazy going back to the equally unconfigurable snooze fest that is iOS, but to each their own.
    07-24-2013 03:44 PM
    Animations are weird?
    Translation:

The animations are different from the same animations I've been seeing on my iCrap device since 2007.
    Actually, maybe yeah that's I think of it. But tbh, android and iOS are still far ahead than WP. Still I believe WP is a better choice as compared to the android. No lags, at least. I enjoyed my experience with the windows phone but I needed applications which make my tasks easier and comfortable to handle.
    07-24-2013 03:50 PM
    meh ...

Windows Phone certainly lacks the "app of the day," but it doesn't lack apps in general. In fact, there are a number of apps on WP that keep me away from iPhone because a non-jailbreak iPhone lacks those specific capabilities. For example, easily being able to play videos embedded through PutLocker or SockShare, or (as of yesterday) being able to torrent large files to my phone, and Halo, or even regular games (that were already on iOS/Android) that let me build up Achievements on XBL.

Honestly, when it comes to multimedia and fun, I think Windows Phone is a superb platform. But if it's being up with the latest/stupid fads, then yeah, you're "better off" on iOS, even if it means wasting time on stuff you wouldn't take on if it weren't popular. Don't get me wrong, there are some key apps that WP is missing, i.e. Flipboard, Canadian banking apps and other crucial stuff. But when people bring up Vine, Path, Instagram, Insta-this and Gram that, OMG, how did you live without that stuff before? And can you really let the lack of those timewasters force you to overlook what's good about WP?
    07-24-2013 03:55 PM
    I don't see how ios is more customizable than WP

The one and only, JAILBREAK. It's the best thing that ever happened to iOS and after you jailbreak, I believe you get equal amount of customization as compared to android without any lags or stuff. WP is too simple. Live tiles are good but thats pretty much about the customization thingy. Maybe they should at least give out updates for auto rotation locks and stuff which will make the phone use-able while on bed or a sofa at night.

The applications which are available on the windows store are too buggy. Developers should pay attention to the apps and make them work flawless just like the OS. WP is a really good OS, but there is nothing to support that OS.

When I got the lumia 920, people used to stare at me with great disgust and used to say, ''You off your rocket to buy a windows sh** and giving iPhone away?''. Anyways, WP does not gets the respect which it should get. People don't know much about it but the mistake is on the both sides. People are ignorant and so are the app developers of WP OS.
    07-24-2013 03:57 PM
    I tried the iPhone after getting windows phone 8 and while they had the popular apps.....the os is simply boring to me. So I came back to the windows phone side.

Funny how that works. Best of luck with your iPhone .
    Strings78 and James Martin6 like this.
    07-24-2013 03:58 PM
    The one and only, JAILBREAK. It's the best thing that ever happened to iOS and after you jailbreak, I believe you get equal amount of customization as compared to android without any lags or stuff. WP is too simple. Live tiles are good but thats pretty much about the customization thingy. Maybe they should at least give out updates for auto rotation locks and stuff which will make the phone use-able while on bed or a sofa at night.

The applications which are available on the windows store are too buggy. Developers should pay attention to the apps and make them work flawless just like the OS. WP is a really good OS, but there is nothing to support that OS.

When I got the lumia 920, people used to stare at me with great disgust and used to say, ''You off your rocket to buy a windows sh** and giving iPhone away?''. Anyways, WP does not gets the respect which it should get. People don't know much about it but the mistake is on the both sides. People are ignorant and so are the app developers of WP OS.
    In that case, why are you on iOS? Get Android.
    07-24-2013 03:59 PM
    In that case, why are you on iOS? Get Android.
    Android? No thanks. Android is too laggy and buggy for me with big phablets sort of phones having quad cores and still lagging. I'd rather go for iPhone.
    07-24-2013 04:06 PM
    Android? No thanks. Android is too laggy and buggy for me with big phablets sort of phones having quad cores and still lagging. I'd rather go for iPhone.
    Not if you know what you're doing. My brother has been using a Nexus 4 and doesn't seem to be having any real trouble with it, the key is to avoid junkware and maintain your phone as though it were a PC. A bit more challenging than using an iPhone, sure, but you're sporting a jailbreak device -- which isn't as simple and clean as vanilla iOS.
    07-24-2013 04:10 PM
    Good luck with your next device

Sent from something UHMAYZING using Tapatalk
    07-24-2013 04:11 PM
    Not if you know what you're doing. My brother has been using a Nexus 4 and doesn't seem to be having any real trouble with it, the key is to avoid junkware and maintain your phone as though it were a PC. A bit more challenging than using an iPhone, sure, but you're sporting a jailbreak device -- which isn't as simple and clean as vanilla iOS.
    Nexus 4? Yeah it's a pretty smooth device as compared to all other android phones because it has zero bloatware but I need a phone which simply works for me. Android gets laggy after a while and has more security issues as compared to iOS. It's just not as smooth as iOS and WP.
    07-24-2013 04:17 PM
    Nexus 4? Yeah it's a pretty smooth device as compared to all other android phones because it has zero bloatware but I need a phone which simply works for me. Android gets laggy after a while and has more security issues as compared to iOS. It's just not as smooth as iOS and WP.
    I don't know... I found it to be pretty smooth IMHO, just overwhelming and chaotic. There's way too much you can and should do on it, and it should only appeal to an enthusiast who loves to set and customize a lot of different things in the phone. As for lagging after a while, that's what I mean by taking care of it as though it were a PC. Not convenient, but that's the price for having an OS you can literally turn upside down and inside out at your will.
    jpling likes this.
    07-24-2013 04:29 PM
5,481 ... 1213141516 ...