04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 142143144145146 ...
tools
    Fair. Some of it may be design related, therefore, subjective. I will say that connecting to my exchange server while once quick, simple, ez on windows phone began experiencing frequent failures and difficulties - No such problem on iPhone. There is a fluidity here that wasn't there in windows 10 mobile, where everything from excel to sway were occasionally cumbersome. That said, Siri is the dunce of the class compared to Cortana, and I don't think iOS is better in and of itself than Windows. I'm only 5 days in with iOS, but so far I would say that my initial thoughts are accurate - the only real deal breaker is the eco-system or oft mentioned "app-gap". Certainly windows 10 mobile is slightly buggier, particularly in how it relates to peripherals and web, but it is every bit as capable or more so in the areas I use most.
    11-30-2016 01:01 PM
    In fact, I should should say that a Sway app doesn't even exist for WP.
    Last edited by Nolan Wood; 11-30-2016 at 04:03 PM.
    11-30-2016 01:32 PM
    Today I discovered that I'll have to stick with iOS even if I don't want to. I'm getting a raise at work lol. And there's an app they use and it isn't on windows 10. Which I wasn't surprised about.

I wouldn't be too bothered because it still emails you but the problem is with windows 10 is that the email randomly doesn't work and doesn't always push instantly.

So I'm stuck using an iPhone I can't really stand as my main device lmao and the idol is my new secondary line for good.

I really do hate the fact apps are limiting my choice of what os I want to use.

Bright side is that I'm not whining about a lack of ridiculous apps like Snapchat or Pokmon go.

So not really switching as it is still my daily driver as I still need it for my side business work. I Just use it 30/70
    Shamshi-Adad and libra89 like this.
    12-09-2016 11:01 AM
    I'm trying out an Alcatel Idol 3...
    12-11-2016 02:41 PM
    I find myself realizing that my experience with Windows phone will soon end. I think Windows Mobile has such great possibilities and I think it's an OS that people can come to love over iOS or Android. I think Microsoft could make better inroads into the market share but it seems they just aren't in to it at present.

If they are serious about being a contender in the phone market they must resolve the lag or non-existence in apps. There a ton of frivolous apps out there but also a lot of useful apps. Anytime I see an app mentioned as part of a product or service that I can use, its only available for iOS or Android.

On the other hand, the Microsoft apps that I use on a regular basis are available on iOS and Android. It seems I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by making a change. Microsoft also seems to be actively working to make all their apps available on other OSs.

I tend to conclude that Microsoft has no current general interest in the phone market. I see where Microsoft can now run Windows 10 on an ARM cpu using an x86 emulation. Its a shame they cant emulate Android on Windows 10 Mobile to make all the existing apps available. Im the first to admit I have no clue what that would entail and its probably not realistic but Microsoft seems hard at work to make their stuff run on different OSs but they dont lift a finger to either develop or invest in developers to make stuff run on their own OS. Would it be worth Microsofts effort to invest in development of those apps that will run on Windows Mobile and thereby make it an OS that people will consider?

Well thats about it. I just had to present a little frustration here. I like Microsoft Windows Mobile and I like using my Band but presently I see no future. Microsoft doesnt seem willing to at least throw us a bone. Everything is rumor and a couple years away. Perhaps there is no bone to throw. So, I will make a change and hope some time down the road there will be a Windows Mobile/hardware path I can return to.
    12-11-2016 06:51 PM
    I've been trying not to buy the Idol 4s Android version :(
    12-11-2016 06:52 PM
    @Guytronic , what's been making it hard? The Honor 8? Other things?

@RumoredNow Oooh, impressions! Somewhere...
    12-11-2016 08:27 PM
    @Guytronic , what's been making it hard? The Honor 8? Other things?
    Been blowing too much money on other stuff I don't really need Lol...
    The honor does check 9 of 10 boxes for now actually :)
    12-11-2016 08:30 PM
    I've been trying not to buy the Idol 4s Android version :(
    You know you want to. Resistance is futile.
    12-11-2016 08:37 PM
    Been blowing too much money on other stuff I don't really need Lol...
    The honor does check 9 of 10 boxes for now actually :)
    Nicee, that's awesome to hear about the Honor!

I totally understand you on that point.

You're so not helping! lol
    You're right though to an extent. If the Pixel was cheaper, I'm pretty sure I would have ordered one. I know that I could order one anyway, but I don't want to get to the point of crying when I see my credit card statement considering that this month is $$$ already. It doesn't make sense for me right now
    12-11-2016 08:53 PM
    Loan me 20 bucks...
    12-11-2016 09:20 PM
    Hi There! I don't know squat about Phones, but I see you all having fun on the Phone threads while I'm watching Stream, so thought I'd reply To @Guytronic!
    I couldn't find 20 bucks, but here's 3 bucks. LMAO! I'll see if I can find 17 more!
    Attached Thumbnails deer.jpg  
    12-11-2016 09:29 PM
    Hi There! Does anyone ever get off topic on this thread?? Hope I can find my way back here again!!
    I like to have a little fun once in awhile . Keep things from getting boring! Please delete if not appropriate.
    Attached Thumbnails capture76jpg.gif  
    12-11-2016 09:41 PM
    Hi There! Does anyone ever get off topic on this thread?? Hope I can find my way back here again!!
    You must not be from these parts. We're rarely ON topic.
    12-11-2016 09:42 PM
    Hi Friend! I have many help forum names. I'm no stranger to help forums. I have alias names a mile long, but let's not go there. I don't want to get banned here. I like it a lot on this forum. I was around when IObit stole data from MBAM. A lot of water under the old bridge sense then. I'm really a good guy now, but I raised a little hell on help forums as garybear. Shsssss! Let's keep this quite. I'm a god guy now and have grown up and learned lot sense those days. I have been banned for getting off topic. Sad but true! Are we having fun or what!
    PS I promise to be good for now!
    12-11-2016 10:00 PM
    @RumoredNow Oooh, impressions! Somewhere...
    Hmmm, it's only been a couple days and I'm still shaking it down...

Hardware wise, thumbs up:
    • Nice screen (1080p IPS on a 5.5")
    • SD 615 skates along nicely
    • The stereo speakers are awesome, great sound all together for calls/ringtones/alerts/etc as well
    • Double Tap to Wake and Sleep
    • Battery life is good
    • Camera seems really nice so far, but time will tell

Software:
    • The reversible screen is cool, but may be just a gimmick in the long run
    • OK Google frustrates me, as it did last time I tried to use it (I'm sure some of that comes down to training myself)
    • Cortana is gimped
    • As expected, the notifications are too hyper for me
    • Widgets ain't Live Tiles

Since it was only $70 I feel like I got a great deal... Not sure I would have paid much more though as the OS really never suited my use patterns as much as Microsoft has.
    12-11-2016 11:04 PM
    Hmmm, it's only been a couple days and I'm still shaking it down...

Hardware wise, thumbs up:
    • Nice screen (1080p IPS on a 5.5")
    • SD 615 skates along nicely
    • The stereo speakers are awesome, great sound all together for calls/ringtones/alerts/etc as well
    • Double Tap to Wake and Sleep
    • Battery life is good
    • Camera seems really nice so far, but time will tell

Software:
    • The reversible screen is cool, but may be just a gimmick in the long run
    • OK Google frustrates me, as it did last time I tried to use it (I'm sure some of that comes down to training myself)
    • Cortana is gimped
    • As expected, the notifications are too hyper for me
    • Widgets ain't Live Tiles

Since it was only $70 I feel like I got a great deal... Not sure I would have paid much more though as the OS really never suited my use patterns as much as Microsoft has.
    Nice! That is a good deal imo. Silly question but one that must be asked. Are you using any MS apps? I agree that Cortana is gimped. I think there is a way to sync SMS from your phone to your computer if you use Windows 10 but I have no idea how to do that.
    12-12-2016 08:44 AM
    I think there is a way to sync SMS from your phone to your computer if you use Windows 10 but I have no idea how to do that.
    I have Cortana Preview on my Moto G4 plus and SMS(and all other notifications) from my phone sync to my W10 laptop as I have enabled sync on Cortana preview.
    12-12-2016 10:47 AM
    Silly question but one that must be asked. Are you using any MS apps?
    So far just Outlook, Bing Search and Cortana... I'll add more soon. I have to dust off my Nexus 7 and see what I did there, that one is pretty well Microsoft oriented.
    12-12-2016 10:45 PM
    I think there is a way to sync SMS from your phone to your computer if you use Windows 10 but I have no idea how to do that.
    I forgot to mention that my notifications from my Lumia stopped syncing with my laptop sometime around Sept 2016.My Android does it without any problem so far.Both phones are set to sync.
    libra89 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    12-13-2016 09:23 AM
    So I told Android "When device is locked" that it should "hide sensitive notification content" to help protect me from nosy people...

How dumb is this?

screenshot_20161215-092238.jpg

But at the same time, if I allow OK Google to have a weather card those details will show on lock screen. But I don't want OK Google weather info. It stinks and fails to immediately surface the detail I find important and I don't care for the source. IMHO, it lacks veracity. I found a Weather App that does surface the info I want most and is accurate, but I can't get it to surface where I want it to: ON MY LOCK SCREEN.

Google is simply pushing a false narrative that their product is superior because if "functions better." I'm really cheesed off about this. It's idiotic. To get the info I want, I would have to expose info I don't want casual idiots to see like details of my emails and SMS. They want to force you all in with Google. Their end game is to allow advertisers to bug the snot out of me to purchase weather and weather related products and I won't have it.

Lunacy. Why would the weather be sensitive information if it comes from anyone other than Google?

"Android notifications are superior." Yeah, pull the other one, it's got bells on.
    12-15-2016 09:49 AM
    So I told Android "When device is locked" that it should "hide sensitive notification content" to help protect me from nosy people...

How dumb is this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20161215-092238.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	132748

But at the same time, if I allow OK Google to have a weather card those details will show on lock screen. But I don't want OK Google weather info. It stinks and fails to immediately surface the detail I find important and I don't care for the source. IMHO, it lacks veracity. I found a Weather App that does surface the info I want most and is accurate, but I can't get it to surface where I want it to: ON MY LOCK SCREEN.

Google is simply pushing a false narrative that their product is superior because if "functions better." I'm really cheesed off about this. It's idiotic. To get the info I want, I would have to expose info I don't want casual idiots to see like details of my emails and SMS. They want to force you all in with Google. Their end game is to allow advertisers to bug the snot out of me to purchase weather and weather related products and I won't have it.

Lunacy. Why would the weather be sensitive information if it comes from anyone other than Google?

"Android notifications are superior." Yeah, pull the other one, it's got bells on.
    This is SO COOL !!!! I've never seen you so cheesed off LOL

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    12-15-2016 09:59 AM
    Wonder how everyone feels now about their great 640?

It's now an obsolete piece of cr*p that will never see windows 10 and is losing use-ability rapidly.

Threw mine in the bin yesterday and bought an Alcatel handset which is brilliantly fast, responsive and a joy to use, 640 was my third windows phone but it's the last time I'll ever buy a windows/Microsoft mobile.

Since the summer (2016) it's lost apps, functionality, and even the xbox music app fails now, what a joke.
    12-15-2016 03:11 PM
    Wonder how everyone feels now about their great 640?

It's now an obsolete piece of cr*p that will never see windows 10 and is losing use-ability rapidly.

Threw mine in the bin yesterday and bought an Alcatel handset which is brilliantly fast, responsive and a joy to use, 640 was my third windows phone but it's the last time I'll ever buy a windows/Microsoft mobile.

Since the summer (2016) it's lost apps, functionality, and even the xbox music app fails now, what a joke.
    It is eligible for Windows 10 Mobile, and that update has been released for a while now. I wish you the best with your new phone.
    Shamshi-Adad and Guytronic like this.
    12-15-2016 03:18 PM
    It is eligible for Windows 10 Mobile, and that update has been released for a while now. I wish you the best with your new phone.
    Yup. Have it on mine too.

Sent from mTalk
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    12-15-2016 03:30 PM
5,481 ... 142143144145146 ...