5,457 ... 144145146147148 ...
tools
    Going soon?
    ...or coming soon?

:)
    12-23-2016 06:29 PM
    And I think we just found the Windows 10 Mobile theme song
    12-23-2016 06:30 PM
    That song ain't country and I hate snakes!LMAO. That looks like a Oklahoma Rattle snake to me! We have people that hunt these in Oklahoma. Yes they even eat them. Not me. They say they taste like chicken. I like chicken, but I ain't eating no snake!
    Here you go. You stared it .
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    12-23-2016 06:40 PM
    There seems to be a lot of folks that I really, really like, paying attention to this thread for now so I'd like to quickly say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and everything else that I'm unaware of. You guys are really, really astute, thoughtful, gentle and much more that I can aspire to, so - that's it I'll be in and out the next couple days.

Now y'all be safe and especially don't forget to ALWAYS practice "Safe Hex".

Peace. Alan
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
    Even when I lose, I win.
    12-23-2016 06:41 PM
    Happy holidays from Okie in Enid Oklahoma! There are lots of folks that I really like also. here's a Christmas song!
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    12-23-2016 06:49 PM
    Just waiting to get one of my Touchpads up and running so I can re-live 2011 before the Apothekalypse. I need an intervention. I have 2 Touchpads, a Pre 2 and Pre 3. If Robert can chime in on any experiences with LuneOS, that's my next "project".
    Are you planning to use WebOS? I had a Touchpad sitting around that I decided to sell. I listed it on eBay, and after all fees and shipping I cleared about $27.

I had installed Android on it and that is what I was using. I decided to flash it back to stock WebOS before selling it. I got it flashed, but I was not able to log in. I checked online, and found out that evidently HP has shut down their WebOS servers. Basically, it will not go past the activation screen without checking in with HP's WebOS servers, which are now offline. I found a file that someone had put together that bypasses the activation, so I flashed that and it worked fine.
    12-23-2016 06:56 PM
    Well it's official. I'm finally fed up enough to leave Windows Phone. I tried to stick it out but after just 4 months with the Lumia 950 I can't do this anymore. I thoroughly enjoyed my WP 8.1 days with my 1520 (I switched from an iPhone 4) but ever since W10M it's been straight downhill. I've never had an android device before but I've ordered the Google Pixel phone, which should be arriving in the mail soon. Bye!
    12-23-2016 07:49 PM
    Are you planning to use WebOS? I had a Touchpad sitting around that I decided to sell. I listed it on eBay, and after all fees and shipping I cleared about $27.

I had installed Android on it and that is what I was using. I decided to flash it back to stock WebOS before selling it. I got it flashed, but I was not able to log in. I checked online, and found out that evidently HP has shut down their WebOS servers. Basically, it will not go past the activation screen without checking in with HP's WebOS servers, which are now offline. I found a file that someone had put together that bypasses the activation, so I flashed that and it worked fine.
    I've never given up on webOS. Every now and then I get the urge to disconnect from the app prison we live in and enjoy my favorite mobile OS. I get all my emails and I'm even able to hang out here. The Touchpad lets me lounge around the house with only one device nearby since it's the only tablet EVER to allow you to get phone calls and texts (provided the phone is reasonably nearby for Bluetooth). If you really think about it, I'm not giving up much from WM10. No BBM, no PayPal, no Amazon, no eBay and no Xfinity. My Pre 3 at least has an eBay app for Christ's sake. I have SkyDrive and Skype, I can print emails or just about anything with the TP. The only thing I'm having to do without is CamScanner but, whatever. I'm not on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or anything else so that's not an issue. Facebook on the browser is more than enough.

Too many firsts that have been imitated but not surpassed. Synergy was the first contact integration, Touchstone was the first wireless charging, Touch To Share was a webOS first, it's still the only purely gesture-based OS and the aforementioned call/text mirroring. No LTE but that's ok, I'm on hiatus so what's the rush?

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    12-23-2016 09:15 PM
    Well it's official. I'm finally fed up enough to leave Windows Phone. I tried to stick it out but after just 4 months with the Lumia 950 I can't do this anymore. I thoroughly enjoyed my WP 8.1 days with my 1520 (I switched from an iPhone 4) but ever since W10M it's been straight downhill. I've never had an android device before but I've ordered the Google Pixel phone, which should be arriving in the mail soon. Bye!
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had so many issues with the Lumia 950.

I hope you like your new Pixel. What colour did you get? Please feel free to check out our sister site Android Central. Many of us who are here are also members of Android Central.
    12-23-2016 09:27 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that you've had so many issues with the Lumia 950.

I hope you like your new Pixel. What colour did you get? Please feel free to check out our sister site Android Central. Many of us who are here are also members of Android Central.
    Black. Thanks, I may stop by there occasionally.
    12-24-2016 12:14 AM
    I also wish you the best with the Pixel, as I can recall your various issues with the 950. Regular Pixel or Pixel XL?
    12-24-2016 12:31 AM
    You're welcome. Please don't be a stranger. 😊
    12-24-2016 12:32 AM
    I also wish you the best with the Pixel, as I can recall your various issues with the 950. Regular Pixel or Pixel XL?
    Regular Pixel. If I go to the android Forum do I have to make a whole new login?
    12-24-2016 07:57 AM
    Regular Pixel. If I go to the android Forum do I have to make a whole new login?
    No. Same login as here.

Happy Holidays and Happy Trails.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.Peace. Alan
    12-24-2016 08:50 AM
    You log in here with Passport. The same Passport gets you into all the Mobile Nations sites. Your avatar, global post and comment totals, Likes, etc follow you across all of them:

Every time you first log into one of the Mobile Nations sites you get a Badge for that Site on your Passport Profile. You can see a snapshot of the PP profile for yourself and other members by clicking the avatar in the left sidebar next to a post...

capture01.png
    12-24-2016 11:13 AM
    Good luck to you. You know where we are if it doesn't work out.

Sent from mTalk
    12-24-2016 12:18 PM
    I want to like the phone I'm driving, an Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 (5.5)... And I almost do. I like the hardware very much. Strong SoC, nice screen, excellent sound, decent camera (although I haven't had time to push it toward any limits). Adoptable storage is a plus since I'm using a quality SD card and the Bus speed is very good.

But the software is letting me down.
    • android.hardware.camera2 was never properly implemented so I'm cut out from taking DNG captures
    • SensorCore was never properly implemented so I don't have a step counter
    • I don't seem to be getting Security updates (stuck on July 1, 2016 security patch level) and don't know if that is the OEM or the carrier intruding and it really shouldn't matter which it is, I need the peace of mind given the notoriously bad level of security (and no, I'm not talking about the leaks that come from sideloading unverified apps - read the tech news; I'm talking about how eminently hackable the system is by design philosophy)
    • The labyrinthian device navigation is ridiculous
    • Notifications require so much tweaking and you still only get almost what you want, not exactly what you want
    • The wild west rodeo of app behaviors make it difficult to have a smooth and consistent UX
    • The overbearing Google insistence that any app they have automatically makes any other service that does the same thing (often in better ways) a second class citizen that can't function as fully
    • The obsessive compulsory inclusion of Google's intrusiveness: I don't really even want a Google account, but I must have one and I am loath to include other accounts on the device and use them fully since I don't trust the segregation - anything I put on there will be examined, analyzed and packaged as market research (some will say you can control this in large measure, but the methods to do so are tedious and exhausting)

Sure there are Apps, Apps and more Apps. So what? I don't give a flying monkey turd for 99.9999999999% of the sesquimillion wastes of coding that float around in the soup bowl and keep you from finding the tasty bits. Having so many apps ceases to become a valid positive when any good ones are buried under so much unusable dross and you spend orders of magnitude more time than a task takes to find the tool to accomplish it.

I have a feeling I'll be back on my Lumia 650 in a matter of days. It's not that I don't know how to setup and alter the device, it's that in the long run the results are never what I want, only what I have to settle for.
    12-24-2016 12:22 PM
    It's a privilege to be stupid but these guys abuse the privilege beyond belief.
    12-24-2016 02:42 PM
    I'm extremely privileged Lol ...
    12-24-2016 02:44 PM
    It's a privilege to be stupid but these guys abuse the privilege beyond belief.
    I'm so priviledged, I'm "Blessed".

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    12-24-2016 02:50 PM
    I want to like the phone I'm driving, an Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 (5.5)... And I almost do. I like the hardware very much. Strong SoC, nice screen, excellent sound, decent camera (although I haven't had time to push it toward any limits). Adoptable storage is a plus since I'm using a quality SD card and the Bus speed is very good.

But the software is letting me down.
    • android.hardware.camera2 was never properly implemented so I'm cut out from taking DNG captures
    • SensorCore was never properly implemented so I don't have a step counter
    • I don't seem to be getting Security updates (stuck on July 1, 2016 security patch level) and don't know if that is the OEM or the carrier intruding and it really shouldn't matter which it is, I need the peace of mind given the notoriously bad level of security (and no, I'm not talking about the leaks that come from sideloading unverified apps - read the tech news; I'm talking about how eminently hackable the system is by design philosophy)
    • The labyrinthian device navigation is ridiculous
    • Notifications require so much tweaking and you still only get almost what you want, not exactly what you want
    • The wild west rodeo of app behaviors make it difficult to have a smooth and consistent UX
    • The overbearing Google insistence that any app they have automatically makes any other service that does the same thing (often in better ways) a second class citizen that can't function as fully
    • The obsessive compulsory inclusion of Google's intrusiveness: I don't really even want a Google account, but I must have one and I am loath to include other accounts on the device and use them fully since I don't trust the segregation - anything I put on there will be examined, analyzed and packaged as market research (some will say you can control this in large measure, but the methods to do so are tedious and exhausting)

Sure there are Apps, Apps and more Apps. So what? I don't give a flying monkey turd for 99.9999999999% of the sesquimillion wastes of coding that float around in the soup bowl and keep you from finding the tasty bits. Having so many apps ceases to become a valid positive when any good ones are buried under so much unusable dross and you spend orders of magnitude more time than a task takes to find the tool to accomplish it.

I have a feeling I'll be back on my Lumia 650 in a matter of days. It's not that I don't know how to setup and alter the device, it's that in the long run the results are never what I want, only what I have to settle for.
    I bet you say that to all the girls. LOL Seriously, I've been Android visiting over the past few years. The glitter attracts my eye and then the Visine kicks in and you see whats just below the surface. Nope won't go there again for the foreseable future.

Have the 950xl and the iPhone 6s plus that I switch back and forth on. Just can't seem to let either one go. Oh well, I can always blame the indecision on being an old fart.
    12-24-2016 02:54 PM
    Wish there were at least one million new Windows fones for me to choose from :(

Seriously I do believe new and different levels of hardware might inject some consumer interest.
    Wouldn't a lot of seniors (or folks who desire simplicity) have faith in the Microsoft name if companies like Tracfone/NET10 or Consumer Cellular pushed phones with Windows on there?
    It's gotta be cheaper to shove Windows phones on to people who want a little tech, yet not too much.

Sorry my fingers just started hitting keys in random fashion while thinking (which is a rare event for me at my age)
    12-24-2016 03:11 PM
    Ok
    I ordered OnePlus 3T android handset a hour ago. Kind of interested if it can deliver what the 950 has delivered to me.
    Main reasons for potential switching of platform is Here navigation, Suunto spartan app and banking app. If those would be available on WP there would not bee a need to change. Luckily quite a few familiar WP apps also on Android.
    12-24-2016 03:21 PM
    12-24-2016 03:21 PM
    Wish there were at least one million new Windows fones for me to choose from :(

Seriously I do believe new and different levels of hardware might inject some consumer interest.
    Wouldn't a lot of seniors (or folks who desire simplicity) have faith in the Microsoft name if companies like Tracfone/NET10 or Consumer Cellular pushed phones with Windows on there?
    It's gotta be cheaper to shove Windows phones on to people who want a little tech, yet not too much.

Sorry my fingers just started hitting keys in random fashion while thinking (which is a rare event for me at my age)
    To be honest I am not sure Windows 10 mobile would be any simpler for for non technical. I would argue that Windows 10 Mobile is just as complicated to operate as Android now. I certainly don't find android as difficult to operate as often made out. That's not to say that I don't agree in having some low end Windows 10 mobile phones as I do think they were what were giviing Windows phone it's main foothold.
    Last edited by rgv521; 12-24-2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: I meant Windows 10 mobile phones not fans lol
    12-24-2016 05:48 PM
5,457 ... 144145146147148 ...