The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 149150151152153 ...
tools
    Right now I just cannot function without Cortana lol. I mean she completely embarrassed Google Assistant and Siri. I'm mostly still here for her alone. I use Cortana every single day.

Sent from mTalk
    01-20-2017 07:48 AM
    Right now I just cannot function without Cortana lol. I mean she completely embarrassed Google Assistant and Siri. I'm mostly still here for her alone. I use Cortana every single day.

Sent from mTalk

So do I!!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-20-2017 10:03 AM
    Cortana integration and the other phone to PC integrations make it a great time to be on W10/M.
    01-20-2017 12:31 PM
    Cortana integration and the other phone to PC integrations make it a great time to be on W10/M.
    PC yes, mostly. Mobile, not so much. I'm now on a 6S Plus because a crucial app that's required for work just got dropped. Less than 24 hours and I'm missing my Idol big time.
    01-20-2017 01:06 PM
    PC yes, mostly. Mobile, not so much. I'm now on a 6S Plus because a crucial app that's required for work just got dropped. Less than 24 hours and I'm missing my Idol big time.
    Agreed. It's weak.

Ahh that sucks that the app (really work in general) made you shelf the Idol somewhat.
    fatclue_98 and Guytronic like this.
    01-20-2017 01:16 PM
    Years ago I was like many on this boards lying to myself that windows phone is just as good as Android and Apple when in reality it isnt.
    I strongly disagree. The only part you got right was about developer support. If we had the same apps, there absolutely would be enough of a market share to worry apple/android, and those of us who left never would have found a need to. WP was the only intuitive phone OS on the market that offered anything different in a streamlined customizable package that we can see the others only starting to emulate.

tl;dr - if we had the same apps, none of us would have left. live tiles > notification icons. Cortana > all.
    Keith White Jr likes this.
    01-20-2017 03:21 PM
    I strongly disagree. The only part you got right was about developer support. If we had the same apps, there absolutely would be enough of a market share to worry apple/android, and those of us who left never would have found a need to. WP was the only intuitive phone OS on the market that offered anything different in a streamlined customizable package that we can see the others only starting to emulate.

tl;dr - if we had the same apps, none of us would have left. live tiles > notification icons. Cortana > all.
    That's good for you but I'm not coming back
    01-20-2017 03:59 PM
    That's good for you but I'm not coming back
    I left just like you did, but give credit where it's due.
    01-20-2017 04:38 PM
    I left just like you did, but give credit where it's due.
    Read my original post. I never ripped WP. I even typed I want to see it succeed and that I saw potential in it but with the lack of apps may as well be its downfall and for that reason it will never sell well.
    01-20-2017 04:51 PM

Software has always been the defining issue that determines the success of a platform since we've been using computers. Home computers that had much better hardware that their rivals have sunk without a trace, because of lack of software and sometimes of course because of mismanagement, a trait Microsoft seemingly shares to a certain extent. Only difference is Microsoft has enough financial muscle and diversity not to be affected by their missteps, at least so far anyway.

I had always been interested in Windows Phone but couldn't justify the cost due to it's inferior ecosystem compared to its rivals. The Lumia 520/521 changed that as not only was it better than rival budget androids at the time, it was inexpensive enough to take a chance. Due to the popularity of this phone I thought this was the point where Windows Phone was finally going to make it, only to see it lose its momentum. That's the point I decided "Why am I denying myself apps" and so jumped to a cheap android phone as they were finally becoming decent.

There was nothing wrong with my Android Phone, but like many I kept an eye on the Lumia's and saw information about an upcoming Lumia 640 which looked like it was going to be the ultimate budget Windows Phone. Again it was better than it's Android rivals so I bought one. For it's price it seemed to have everything, except of course a decent app store, but I thought surely this would be fixed as this seemed like the holy grail of budget Windows Phone. Then they sold Nokia and things went downhill again.

So the moral of the story is that perhaps I shouldn't be allowed to buy another Windows Phone/Mobile device again lest it go into decline once more

I am currently using a budget LG Android which I am very happy with. I am still poking my nose in here now and then because, like many, I'm a technology enthusiast and want to see what happens next. After all, Microsoft are not going anywhere. The question is, will they forever continue to fumble into the future as they always seem to do or will they finally produce that killer device...?
    01-22-2017 11:51 AM
    For those interested (that includes me), the smaller Pixel phone is available to buy again, ships by January 30. Still, $750 for 128GB, I just can't bring myself to hit 'buy'!
    Last edited by Joe920; 01-23-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    01-22-2017 02:25 PM
    I'm holding out for the next generation Pixel, Joe .... twas mighty tempting at first.
    01-22-2017 04:18 PM
    For those interested (that includes me), the smaller Pixel phone is available to buy again, ships by January 30. Still, $750 for 128GB, or , I just can't bring myself to hit 'buy'!
    I bought the 128gb small one. With the insurance it cost 925 bucks for me in the end.

Sent from mTalk
    01-22-2017 05:17 PM
    I'm holding out for the next generation Pixel, Joe .... twas mighty tempting at first.
    Isn't there a new Google One phone coming soon?
    Thought I read that somewhere.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-22-2017 05:37 PM
    Possibly. Google could bring its budget Android One phones to the U.S. later this year https://www.androidcentral.com/googl...-us-later-year
    Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    01-22-2017 06:39 PM
    ...this I don't know at the moment. If I read that I certainly have slept since then ... man I love/not so much love getting older lol
    01-22-2017 06:41 PM
    ...this I don't know at the moment. If I read that I certainly have slept since then ... man I love/not so much love getting older lol
    What I love most about getting older is that I don't always remember the things I used to hate.
    01-22-2017 06:53 PM
    What I love most about getting older is that I don't always remember the things I used to hate.
    I agree. I also hate fewer things now that I'm older. I was a very picky eater as a child, but I eat a lot more foods now.
    mark233, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    01-22-2017 10:36 PM
    I have had a limit 1020, then got the 950xl. It's a great phone, aside from edge, which is rubbish. Should've just left ie in place. However, every time I need an app for sound system, etc it is not available for WP. I have therefore reverted back to iPhone. Bloody shame, but if Microsoft Cant give access to apps, it's dead in the water.
    01-23-2017 02:35 AM
    I was a very picky eater as a child, but I eat a lot more foods now.
    Same here. I still draw the line at broccoli though!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2017 06:58 AM
    Same here. I still draw the line at broccoli though!
    Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment on your favorite vegetables here!
    tgp, Laura Knotek, TgeekB and 2 others like this.
    01-23-2017 08:58 AM
    Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment on your favorite vegetables here!
    Ok. I've been into Brussel sprouts lately. If the surface phone doesn't arrive by Friday, I'm switching to sprouts.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    01-23-2017 11:16 AM
    Ok. I've been into Brussel sprouts lately. If the surface phone doesn't arrive by Friday, I'm switching to sprouts.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    Because I still haven't gotten on with broccoli, I recently bought a Lumia 650. Still haven't made it my daily driver though. I'm waiting to see if the broccoli comes through yet...
    01-23-2017 12:05 PM
    Because I still haven't gotten on with broccoli, I recently bought a Lumia 650. Still haven't made it my daily driver though. I'm waiting to see if the broccoli comes through yet...
    As I've gotten older I've finally seen the benefits of Broccoli, which is more than I can say for Windows 10 Mobile at the moment
    Laura Knotek, tgp and libra89 like this.
    01-23-2017 06:21 PM
    Lol! Funny.

So I ordered a dBrand skin kit for my iPhone and I am liking it. I'm torn if I should put my phone in a case or not. I think I will though but it's hard.

Skins are cool.

With the skin, I feel better about using this as the main phone lol!
    01-25-2017 07:33 PM
5,481 ... 149150151152153 ...