• 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 156157158159160 ...
tools
    Thanks.
    I have done a lot of them (phone resets) and unfortunately the issue remains. :( I have tried other Android phones, and I haven't had issues after doing resets. Normally, I just set up and we are done.

It was very unfortunate that you had a major problem while updating and something which can't be fixed by a reset either.I really hope you can get your phone fixed with minimum difficulty.
    P.S I missed your earlier post (#3922) where you had mentioned that you had reset and cleared cache partition.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-23-2017 10:39 AM
    It was very unfortunate that you had a major problem while updating and something which can't be fixed by a reset either.I really hope you can get your phone fixed with minimum difficulty.
    P.S I missed your earlier post (#3922) where you had mentioned that you had reset and cleared cache partition.
    It's fine that you missed the post. In this case, the update itself was fine but I had issues trying to rollback using the official materials from Honor to do so. There's a kind of long post on AC sharing what happened.
    Rinsun and Guytronic like this.
    02-23-2017 11:00 AM
    I have an O365 enterprise account and my S7 syncs my calendar just fine. Not sure about the hotmail though.
    Last edited by Woodchuck3400; 02-23-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typo
    02-23-2017 11:14 AM
    It's fine that you missed the post. In this case, the update itself was fine but I had issues trying to rollback using the official materials from Honor to do so. There's a kind of long post on AC sharing what happened.
    AC is different from WC in that each phone is different so discussions go on in different phone forums.
    Is there anything similar to WDRT we have for Windows phones in Android ?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-23-2017 11:16 AM
    AC is different from WC in that each phone is different so discussions go on in different phone forums.
    Not really, this depends on the phone manufacturer. Some have programs that help you with this, and others have downloadables to help you restore. It's mixed.

I have an O365 enterprise account and my S7 syncs my calendar just fine. Not sure about the hotmail though.
    Even after getting Android 7.0?
    Rinsun, Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    02-23-2017 11:29 AM
    That's something I really like in Windows, same OS everywhere.

Sent from mTalk
    Rinsun, libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    02-23-2017 11:36 AM
    Not really, this depends on the phone manufacturer. Some have programs that help you with this, and others have downloadables to help you restore. It's mixed.

Thanks !
    I wonder if Motorola/Lenovo has anything like it.
    WDRT comes in handy to solve extreme problems with Windows Phone
    libra89 likes this.
    02-23-2017 11:37 AM
    That's something I really like in Windows, same OS everywhere.

Sent from mTalk
    Also that Windows Phones get updates at the same time .
    In Android the same phones get updates at different times in different countries.My Moto G4 Plus got the Nougat update end of December in India but the update has not rolled out in other countries.
    Last edited by Rinsun; 02-23-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    02-23-2017 11:42 AM
    So I've been using my S7 for about 5 months now.

I have to say, I'm still enjoying the apps. Banking and LastPass continue to make life much easier. The Samsung Pay is awesome. I love when clerks say we don't have Apple Pay so it won't work right when the reader beeps and says card accepted.

All this being said, the biggest difference for me is still Cortana. I don't know who does these Siri vs. OK Google (Google App? I don't know what they call it) vs. Cortana test, but Cortana is hands down the best. My kids all have iPhones and Siri is way behind even OK Google, but I still miss Cortana on my Windows Phone. The reminders from the Google App barely remind you of anything. Beeps once, shows up in notifications and that's it. Easy to miss. Cortana, even on Android, punches up the whole screen when you unlock the phone and forces you to say you're done or snooze.

The Google App also doesn't understand my voice as well as Cortana did. Cortana on Android just isn't enough of a solution. It's not integrated enough with the OS. You can use "Hey Cortana" when the phone is unlocked, but you need to hit a button on the lock screen when it's locked. Not good for a hands free experience in the car. I'm still hoping MS just makes their own launcher (not Arrow Launcher) with integrated Cortana.

If you read my previous posts, you saw I said that the MS apps work better on Android. That still holds true for me except that I've seen people complaining about the calendar not syncing. Mine does sync but only my enterprise O365, which is fine for me because its my main calendar. The other issue is that you cannot sync contacts and contacts can only be sorted by first name. Really? I mean that's fine if you have 15 family members or friends, but it doesn't work for business.

Really hoping the WP make a big comeback. Still have my 950 sititing on my desk. But everytime I don't have to go to a bank, or I log onto that website without having to type in a username/password, spy on my kids snaps or pay for everything off of my phone, it's hard to think about switching back. And I always said the app gap was meaningless.
    02-23-2017 12:26 PM
    I read your post on AC Honor 8 forum, I too use the Outlook Calendar on my Android so I can understand you wanting it to work for you. I think it is easier to solve something on a Windows phone than on Android ( Of course I may be wrong).There being so many OEMs producing different versions of the Android OS that it is quite confusing.Since most of the utility apps in my country are not available for and do not work properly on Windows Phones nowadays I had to switch to Android.
    I hope they get your phone working normally again as soon as possible.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-24-2017 11:04 AM
    I read your post on AC Honor 8 forum, I too use the Outlook Calendar on my Android so I can understand you wanting it to work for you. I think it is easier to solve something on a Windows phone than on Android ( Of course I may be wrong).There being so many OEMs producing different versions of the Android OS that it is quite confusing.Since most of the utility apps in my country are not available for and do not work properly on Windows Phones nowadays I had to switch to Android.
    I hope they get your phone working normally again as soon as possible.
    Thanks for reading the long post, and a general thanks. I hope so too, we'll find out. Thankfully it's not my main phone and all of my texts are backed up.

I think it's easier too on this side as well.
    02-24-2017 11:10 AM
    The Samsung Pay is awesome. I love when clerks say we don't have Apple Pay so it won't work right when the reader beeps and say...
    Doesn't Microsoft Wallet do the same thing on phones with NFC?

Sent from mTalk
    02-24-2017 11:21 AM
    Doesn't Microsoft Wallet do the same thing on phones with NFC?
    No. Besides using NFC, Samsung Pay also includes MST technology, which basically emulates a credit card by using a magnetic field. With a few exceptions, Samsung Pay can be used anywhere a credit card is accepted.
    02-24-2017 11:29 AM

Yes
    libra89 likes this.
    02-24-2017 11:39 AM
    Ooh the BlackBerry KEYone has been announced today at Mobile World Congress. Mercury sounded like a nicer name but the name fits. After seeing it and hearing the specs, I am still fascinated. Even though I think I'm mostly done with Android for now, I would love to try that.

I wish that it wasn't $549 but I get the price.
    02-25-2017 06:08 PM
    Ooh the BlackBerry KEYone has been announced today at Mobile World Congress. Mercury sounded like a nicer name but the name fits. After seeing it and hearing the specs, I am still fascinated. Even though I think I'm mostly done with Android for now, I would love to try that.

I think it's nice, but I have no interest in physical keyboards anymore, since I haven't used one in over 5 years.
    mark233, libra89, slivy58 and 2 others like this.
    02-25-2017 06:40 PM

Interesting.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    libra89, slivy58 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-25-2017 08:01 PM
    I think it's nice, but I have no interest in physical keyboards anymore, since I haven't used one in over 5 years.
    My sediments exactly yet finding the design somewhat appealing.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-25-2017 08:35 PM
    That's understandable. The fact that it is different is refreshing to me even though I have never used a physical keyboard.

My sediments exactly yet finding the design somewhat appealing.
    Yes the design is really nice! They did well.

Interesting.

Why do you say that? Is it the look of it? Specs?
    02-25-2017 09:35 PM
    That's understandable. The fact that it is different is refreshing to me even though I have never used a physical keyboard.

Yes the design is really nice! They did well.

Why do you say that? Is it the look of it? Specs?
    I'm a former Blackberry user so their "different" designs always interest me. Also the fact that they think there's still a market for PKB phones. They live in an alternative universe.

02-26-2017 08:53 AM
    Huawei's EMUI is terrible. When i got my Honor 5x I didn't even wait one day to install Nova Launcher mostly due to EMUI creating a new icon for everything that got installed a la Lenovo and a 3rd party launcher being required to have a normal app drawer. I did hear that with the nougat update on the Honor 8 you could at least enable an app drawer. Keeping things on topic Microsoft wise you could try their Arrow launcher.
    Nova Launcher is my preferred Launcher too. I tried emulating Windows Phone Tiles with an appropriate Launcher at one point but in the end the novelty wore off and it made me realize that I can take it leave it as far as the Windows Tiles are concerned.
    Laura Knotek and mark233 like this.
    02-27-2017 02:23 PM

So what is your daily driver now?
    02-27-2017 02:26 PM
    So what is your daily driver now?
    Good question. My iPhone SE is at the moment. Used the 950 and I really like it but battery life is the only weak point there.
    Laura Knotek and mark233 like this.
    02-27-2017 02:46 PM
    It's not just you at all. I have noticed that some Android phones play differently when it comes to the whole contacts from Outlook thing. I normally do the Exchange way so that I can read and add. That generally works but not with Sony phones on MM.

Anyway, I get you on this and I deal with the same thing on my Honor 8. It somehow made my outlook have three accounts: Outlook, Exchange and Corporate. So adding any contacts is just confusing and I don't add when I am using that phone. I just add on my iphone and sync or online and sync. Stupid yes, but it works and my events and contacts don't get lost.

I hate to be one of those that say it just works on iOS but it really does when it comes to this. I never have any issues and Outlook accounts are added as exchange accounts by default.

I know it's probably not the easiest way but it works for me. I use Office 2016 along with an app called Akruto. It allows me to set up Exchange Accounts that works with Office 2016 for My X3 and my iPhone 6s plus quite nicely. It also worked for android when I had an Android phone.
    Laura Knotek, mark233 and libra89 like this.
    02-27-2017 04:39 PM
    I know it's probably not the easiest way but it works for me. I use Office 2016 along with an app called Akruto. It allows me to set up Exchange Accounts that works with Office 2016 for My X3 and my iPhone 6s plus quite nicely. It also worked for android when I had an Android phone.
    Thank you for the suggestion!
    aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 05:59 PM
5,481 ... 156157158159160 ...