02-22-2018 04:08 PM
5,463 ... 169170171172173 ...
tools
    I use this so much, love it.

They just need to give us windowed continuum mode so that the non uwp apps can still open up. Though not horrible since I could still use them on my phone, but would prefer just leaving the phone docked and with screen black and using continuum 100%
    I use it everyday myself. You can minimize it on Continuum and open another app. It's not the most efficient way of doing it but it keeps you working on the big screen. To do this you have to swipe in from the right edge to bring up the task switcher (on the display, not the phone).
    04-25-2017 02:48 PM
    We're not sure yet if Windows Phone is completely dead, although if it does die no one would really be surprised. But if (or when) the time comes which platform OS is everyone moving to?

Which phone is gonna be your new phone? Android or iOS? Galaxy S8 Windows Edition or iPhone 8? Would love to hear your thoughts!
    04-25-2017 05:14 PM
    I'm not one to spend $$$ on a phone, which is why my family all have 640s.

But my wife's company has apps she needs that aren't available for Windows, so I recently switched her to a Samsung Galaxy Express Prime for $70 from Best Buy. It's pretty much the android equivalent of a 640 from what I can tell. Not a bad little phone, especially given the price, and it does have a nice Amoled screen. I'll probably get one of those too.
    04-25-2017 05:32 PM
    We're not sure yet if Windows Phone is completely dead, although if it does die no one would really be surprised. But if (or when) the time comes which platform OS is everyone moving to?

Which phone is gonna be your new phone? Android or iOS? Galaxy S8 Windows Edition or iPhone 8? Would love to hear your thoughts!
    Well I'm still on bb10. At this stage I'm almost ready to wait till current slab devices are more over, and there's some alternatives. Clamshell, watch, something with proper gaming power. Just kind of bored by the whole thing. Nothing excites me enough to want to pony up cash.

I'd rather spend money on console/desktop/hybrid, at least there the extra money will deliver software advantages for the hardware. At this stage buying a new phone doesn't really give you anything. You get better specs, but unlike a PC, or tablet, you don't actually get to do anything truly useful the older device can't do (fingerprint scanner? meh).

Maybe a better camera, and I have a digital camera that's boss.

Yeah atm that's me. I might have my already old phone for another two years or so, before someone actually makes something that has advantages that feel worth the cash.

I mean really for me, with a device its that "I want to do this", oh no, I can't I need a new device - that's the driver. Can't really say that about phones these days can ya?

Something windows 10 with an active stylus would be cool. Windows on arm would do it maybe. Then I could at least run the odd extra win32 touch app. If there was a phone that was really good at gaming, or VR, that would be a pull. High def audio is attractive, but not enough to vacuum cash from my wallet.

I mean, you buy a new gaming desktop, there's tonnes more you can do that an older device. Buy a VR headset? Whole world of new things to do. Buy a tablet with active stylus, more software, ink, art.
    Buy a new phone - its slightly faster. lol. I don't really see the point yet. And my phone is already a 2013 phone. Probably my xiaomi mi fit 2, fitbit clone is more exciting to me than a new phone and that cost 25 bucks. That measures my heartrate and looks cool on my arm. That's two more valuable functions than a new phone would deliver.
    04-25-2017 11:32 PM
    I use it everyday myself. You can minimize it on Continuum and open another app. It's not the most efficient way of doing it but it keeps you working on the big screen. To do this you have to swipe in from the right edge to bring up the task switcher (on the display, not the phone).
    Yea I'm ok with the one window at a time, cause my 950XL is close to it's limit in terms of multitasking in continuum... I was more solutioning for giving me the option to launch win8.1 (non uwp apps) like whatsapp in continuum.

what do you mean about swipe in from the right, the task switcher button is right on the task bar of continuum?
    04-26-2017 01:30 AM

I assume the Galaxy S8 Windows Edition you speak of is just going to be an android phone with Microsoft apps preloaded.
    04-26-2017 11:43 AM
    I assume the Galaxy S8 Windows Edition you speak of is just going to be an android phone with Microsoft apps preloaded.
    You are correct.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    04-26-2017 11:57 AM
    I have been using a Lumia 640 and 640XL for the last year. I had originally gotten the phone as a secondary prepay work phone. I was so impressed by the inexpensive windows phones that I sold my Iphone (a brand I had used for about ten years, but got disgruntled when you had to pay $600 for a new phone). But lately it's just one problem after another.

The camera locks up in "Saving" mode and the only thing to do is reset the phone.

When trying to read a website, the page continuously refreshes to the point I just say "screw it" and put the phone down.

About a month ago my hotmail quit working and I had to come on here to find a work around.

Not to mention NO APPS!

I ordered my Moto G4 from Amazon today. It should be better, at least it will have APPS! Sorry, I had to rant somewhere and this seemed like the best place.

Regards
    ddnet, Keith White Jr and libra89 like this.
    04-26-2017 02:16 PM
    Debating trying a Sony Xperia X Performance just to see how it compares to the Pixel when it comes to battery life. A good amount of specs are similar and yet, it's the one coming up on phones with great battery life and the regular pixel is not. Apparently the two have similar dimensions too, even though it's a bit heavier.

It's crazy that it's still much but I do see it for sale lately. I might do it but at the same time, I'm not sure if I should be bothered to try it.

Edit: The Pixel is good on that area but if it could be slightly better, that would be nice.

Edit 2: On second thought, I'm not going to. While the idea is one to consider, I have already sunk in additional funds to have the Pixel set for me. I can't be bothered to deal with another phone again. That includes a charger which is ($$ because Google is the only legit source), a skin, screen protectors, and a case.
    I could sell it all together sure but I don't feel like dealing with all of that. I just don't. Never mind the fact that I literally just purchased three screen protectors for three different phones. Thankfully they don't all need cases too. Ugh.
    Last edited by libra89; 04-26-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    fatclue_98, mark233 and Guytronic like this.
    04-26-2017 04:34 PM
    I think I'll do it, just because I will have it tomorrow. LOL. I just need to know. I haven't opened the Pixel screen protector even though I got it days ago.

I feel the need to know how it goes.
    fatclue_98 and aximtreo like this.
    04-27-2017 09:58 AM
    I decided to keep my Pixel now too (and Moto G4). At least until BUILD. Maybe there will be some info given then. I really think I will be back to Android at some point (sadly), and I figured I already have the phone, and I don't need or really like the flashy curved screen fad that it going on now. There really isn't anything more I need in the phone than what the Pixel has. Sure better waterproofing would be nice, but I don't need it (I instantly regret typing that because now I know one of the kids will throw it in the bathtub or something.)
    04-27-2017 10:11 AM
    I decided to keep my Pixel now too (and Moto G4). At least until BUILD. Maybe there will be some info given then. I really think I will be back to Android at some point (sadly), and I figured I already have the phone, and I don't need or really like the flashy curved screen fad that it going on now. There really isn't anything more I need in the phone than what the Pixel has. Sure better waterproofing would be nice, but I don't need it (I instantly regret typing that because now I know one of the kids will throw it in the bathtub or something.)
    Don't jinx yourself! I think this sounds like a good plan.
    fatclue_98 and Guytronic like this.
    04-27-2017 10:14 AM
    The jinx is in, its just a countdown now haha.
    04-27-2017 11:16 AM
    Debating trying a Sony Xperia X Performance...
    I think I'll do it...
    I'd have figured you for the X Compact. Liking my Xperia X thus far. Didja get Lime Gold? It's a fantastic color. Just put liquid glass all over mine. Wanna run it naked to show it off.
    04-27-2017 11:32 AM
    The jinx is in, its just a countdown now haha.
    LOL! I hope you're wrong.

I'd have figured you for the X Compact. Liking my Xperia X thus far. Didja get Lime Gold? It's a fantastic color. Just put liquid glass all over mine. Wanna run it naked to show it off.
    You're right about the X Compact, I have tried it 2 times and it was mostly fine but I hated the cameras in low light. I'm not one to use manual mode but that seemed to be the only way to get decent pictures in those conditions. My life is low light basically so I couldn't justify it.

I saw that you got that color, excellent choice! That sounds awesome that you'll be doing that. Glad to hear that you are liking it though.

I debated it but I chose Rose Gold just because of price alone. That was the only color (the Lime Gold) that is $100 more even though it was on sale at B&H. It was between getting it (Rose Gold) tomorrow without any shipping costs from there, or get that color (Lime) from Amazon a week from now without paying for shipping. Not a Prime member.
    04-27-2017 11:51 AM
    There really isn't anything more I need in the phone than what the Pixel has. Sure better waterproofing would be nice, but I don't need it
    spoken like a windows phone die hard... oh wait a minute
    04-27-2017 01:55 PM
    spoken like a windows phone die hard... oh wait a minute
    Hey I resemble that comment!! I tried the Pixel for over 4 months but came back to W10M. I have to admit the recent onslaught of bad news and bad vibes has made me flip flop a lot, but I do love W10M. If Microsoft can't make it work, they should make their Arrow Launcher for Android match the start screen UI of W10M.
    04-27-2017 02:26 PM
    The Pixel is an outstanding phone with just enough features. Mind you, I think the Moto Z Force Droid has the most features and excellent camera. I just use the Pixel because it just performs amazingly and a little more reliable to catch the perfect picture over the Moto Z Force Droid.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-28-2017 09:34 AM
    Changed gears. Returning the X Performance and getting a iPhone 7 with a battery case. I know, I'm weird.
    04-28-2017 11:27 AM
    I'm sure there are others that are equal to the Pixel. I just prefer the 1st party Android software and lack of "bloatware", and the speed at which it gets updates.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-28-2017 11:41 AM
    Changed gears. Returning the X Performance and getting a iPhone 7 with a battery case. I know, I'm weird.
    Nah!!

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-28-2017 11:42 AM
    Wow you are hard to keep up with haha
    04-28-2017 11:44 AM
    Nah!!

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    I would say that you jinxed me but this is all my own doing xd Then again, you kind of know how this is.

Wow you are hard to keep up with haha
    LOL! I still have the Pixel but I wish that the battery life was just a little better. I want to not have to charge daily and yet, I feel like I am.
    The iPhone idea has rolled around in my head this week but I tried to go for the X Performance instead.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-28-2017 12:00 PM
    See nothing wrong with that. Congrats and hope you enjoy the iPhone 7!

Haven't found anything that sparks my interest as of late so will be sticking with my present arsinol of mobiles, maybe in a few months that'll change dunno.
    04-28-2017 01:49 PM
    See nothing wrong with that. Congrats and hope you enjoy the iPhone 7!

Haven't found anything that sparks my interest as of late so will be sticking with my present arsinol of mobiles, maybe in a few months that'll change dunno.
    Thank you! We will see. I bought it from a seller I can return to.

I can understand that. Small phone options are hard for me to find. I'm feeling like I'm out of options so iPhone 7 it is.
    04-28-2017 02:28 PM
5,463 ... 169170171172173 ...