04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 176177178179180 ...
tools
    Wow, so I got my first MMS message since replacing my sim and I got it instantly, rather than later. I didn't know that a new sim can make such a massive difference like @mark233 said. It seems like my dBm is slightly better too but not really.
    05-31-2017 09:29 AM
    For the first time since moving from an iPhone 3GS to a Lumia 520, I am thinking about leaving Windows. I used my wife's iPhone yesterday to help her set up her new fitness tracker and after playing around with the phone, I have to say it was refreshing to use a phone that, for lack of a better term, just works...
    05-31-2017 03:33 PM
    I can totally understand that. I like tinkering, and I like being different. I got a Windows Phone as my first smartphone, and I loved it. As things went downhill, I continued to hold on, and make it work for me, and largely that was not too difficult, so I kept with it. As the new hardware releases dwindled to a trickle I looked elsewhere, and was amazed at how easy things were with iOS and Android, like you said, they just work.

I keep going back to Windows "Phone" because I still love the OS, and it still mostly works for me, but lately several of the apps I use don't work any longer, and the developer either openly admits they are end of life, or their lack of response for over a year implies they are end of life. I can find workarounds and make things work for me, but it is refreshing to use a device that is easy, and lets you focus less on making things work, and simply works for you.

I'm definitely not giving up on Windows Mobile, I still want it to succeed, and want to keep using it, but I think it might have to take the role as a secondary device for the time being, and that is sad for me.
    06-01-2017 07:28 AM
    So as of yesterday TMo Digits is available to all subscribers. I think this inludes the option to get a second SIM with the same phone number that can share data on that account - at least that was possible during the beta. If that still works, i plan on keeping my 950XL and iPhone 6S+ both active and up to date, and only use the 6S+ during trips where I actually need all those handy apps, while using the 950XL during normal work days.

Edit: I don't see info regarding sharing data, any Digits experts here? In the meantime, tons of info in the Reddit megathread

Edit 2: still no clear answer, but it looks like you can get a linked SIM that also provides mobile data, but more slowly: "Data on the devices you share your number with will have max data speed of 512kbps."

Edit 3: this discussion suggests that you can get a duplicate SIM that offers the same LTE speed as the device with the original SIM. I wonder which one to believe. This discussion didn't actually quote data speed, so maybe 512 kbps is actually the limit. Anyone?
    Last edited by Joe920; 06-01-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-01-2017 10:04 AM
    That is a nice service. Wish other carriers would offer it as well.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-01-2017 10:39 AM
    Any advice? Anyone got the ZTE Axon 7? Switching to this from my idol 4s with Windows 10. Is outlook better than the default mail app?

Sent from Idol 4s
    Last edited by Sedp23; 06-02-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    06-02-2017 12:44 PM
    Which phone are you talking about?
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    06-02-2017 12:59 PM
    Which phone are you talking about?
    meant to say the ZTE Axon 7 looking to get one next week

Sent from Idol 4s
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-02-2017 05:49 PM
    Any advice? Anyone got the ZTE Axon 7? Switching to this from my idol 4s with Windows 10. Is outlook better than the default mail app?
    Nice looking device.

Only issue with teh IOS/Android mail app is that your cached mail data is stored in AWS and not secure in the microsoft cloud with your other email.

<quote>
    For improved performance, a subset of email, calendar, and file data from each user's mailbox is cached in the Outlook service. Because the app is based on Microsoft's recent acquisition of Acompli, the service currently runs on Amazon Web Services (AWS). We are moving the Outlook service to Office 365, and plan to have that move completed soon.
    </quote>

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread...5-268a7b655199

I use the Android Outlook app for my gmail, kaiponte.com mail, and outlook.com mail. Works fine.
    06-02-2017 06:44 PM

Sent from Idol 4s
    What functionality exactly are you looking for from your mail client? Be as specific as you like, I'm very critical of mail clients because I expect a lot. Suffice to say I'm paying the $.99 per month for the ad-free version of BlackBerry Hub for Android. There's no file type it can't open, pin multiple accounts to the home screen and I can print emails right from the app. The print feature is really the only advantage over Outlook on W10M, which is decidedly better than the Android and iOS versions. I've been saying that for some time but it's only recently that people aren't questioning my sanity for saying so.
    libra89 and HeyCori like this.
    06-02-2017 07:54 PM
    What functionality exactly are you looking for from your mail client? o.
    Well, just normal stuff like encrypted email, attachments, integration with my calendar

Nothing much

Oh I took the plunge and am test driving an Iphone 7 plus
    Last edited by PerfectReign; 06-03-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    06-03-2017 12:21 AM
    What functionality exactly are you looking for from your mail client? Be as specific as you like, I'm very critical of mail clients because I expect a lot. Suffice to say I'm paying the $.99 per month for the ad-free version of BlackBerry Hub for Android. There's no file type it can't open, pin multiple accounts to the home screen and I can print emails right from the app. The print feature is really the only advantage over Outlook on W10M, which is decidedly better than the Android and iOS versions. I've been saying that for some time but it's only recently that people aren't questioning my sanity for saying so.
    Mainly which app is better on battery life. I've read about issues with battery drain on the stock mail app

Sent from Idol 4s
    06-03-2017 09:44 AM

Sent from Idol 4s
    Check this out:

I hear that it has only improved.
    Sedp23, Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    06-03-2017 09:58 AM
    Check this out:

Saw that and that's got me hyped lol

So how do i go about getting my contacts and synced sms history over to android?

Sent from Idol 4s
    libra89 likes this.
    06-03-2017 11:05 AM
    Check this out:

Wait! What abou the OP5 coming in 2 weeks?
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    06-03-2017 11:21 AM
    Wait! What abou the OP5 coming in 2 weeks?
    Don't really care for the dash charging I prefer quick charge 3.0 and the axon has 2 years warranty and insurance with a $80 deductible included with it

I've heard one plus has bad customer service support. I like their phones tho when the price comes down on it i may get one to try it out but I'm sure that phone will be close to $500

Sent from Idol 4s
    nate0, aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-03-2017 11:23 AM

So how do i go about getting my contacts and synced sms history over to android?

Sent from Idol 4s
    I think you export to sd card and import from there. Stood that on my son's device when he squelched from WP to Android then to iPhone

I was just noticing how much nicer Tapatalk is on my Iphone than on my Elite X3. Bummer.

Laura Knotek and fatclue_98 like this.
    06-03-2017 11:28 AM

Sent from Idol 4s
    From what I hear, transferring SMS might be possible but I have no idea how to do it.

For your contacts, you can add your ms account as an exchange account and you should have access to them that way.
    06-03-2017 11:29 AM
    I think you export to sd card and import from there. Stood that on my son's device when he squelched from WP to Android then to iPhone

I was just noticing how much nicer Tapatalk is on my Iphone than on my Elite X3. Bummer.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d8b8085d6c.jpg
    Have you tried mTalk? It's the best Tapatalk client I've seen anywhere and it's only available on W10M.
    Guytronic and HeyCori like this.
    06-03-2017 01:31 PM
    My dilemma is I bot into the echo system just to have things drop off (MS Band). I absolutely LOVE the Windows phone so I've gotten by with an Android tablet to fill some of the apps. And I'm encouraged when MS comes out with WP updates and new apps like Story Remix. But I fear that my phone/watch will die and I'm not sure if that will be my push to change. Hoping MS announces a device that is amazing and it brings developers back. Would think the Surface line would have started to do that and the fact that pc's can run apps. But every time I see a new app that looks cool, it isn't supported. I buy camera's that don't support WP. Frustrating. So I'm giving myself until July to see if anything is announced. And I'm researching the other platforms to see where I would go.
    nate0 likes this.
    06-03-2017 02:29 PM
    Have you tried mTalk? It's the best Tapatalk client I've seen anywhere and it's only available on W10M.
    I tend to disagree. I use mTalk in my X3 and 950 XL. I love the simple interface, but the message posting is horrid. Always had to rotate the screen to get the cursor visible. This eye phone version doesn't have the formatting isaies and has yet to give me bizarre inet connect errors
    nate0 and Joe920 like this.
    06-03-2017 05:08 PM
    This eye phone version doesn't have the formatting isaies and has yet to give me bizarre inet connect errors
    It seems inet (sic) connect isaies (sic, again) are the least of your problems.
    nate0, mark233, tgp and 2 others like this.
    06-03-2017 05:19 PM
    It seems inet (sic) connect isaies (sic, again) are the least of your problems.
    loll

Need to stop multitasking.

By the way, it is amazing how difficult it is to put custom notifications and ring tones in an Iphone
    fatclue_98, mark233 and aximtreo like this.
    06-03-2017 05:22 PM
    loll

By the way, it is amazing how difficult it is to put custom notifications and ring tones in an Iphone
    I keep a folder in my OneDrive specifically for custom iPhone ringtones. The whole conversion thing is something you want to do once and keep locked away securely for all time.
    nate0, libra89, Guytronic and 1 others like this.
    06-03-2017 05:25 PM
    loll

That too...It is not too bad once you have them in iTunes. Then they are there for next time.
    06-03-2017 05:40 PM
5,481 ... 176177178179180 ...