04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    So I have a 900, and now a 920. I am very unhappy with other storage. I used the phone primarily for media consumption while be able to do phone calls. I have 11gb and up on "other Storage" I went into the MS store in downtown SF and was told that this would be solved not by GDR2 but GDR3. I love Nokia and own the pureview 808 but this is getting out of hand. I fear to update apps because I am always out of memory. I have to delete app to get other apps and I am not willing to do a factory reset. My text messages are disappearing and reappearing and it starting to be sluggish. I am a diehard windows person but I have to maybe take a break and go back to Android. What should I do?.
    paulxxwall likes this.
    08-29-2013 03:41 AM
    So I have a 900, and now a 920. I am very unhappy with other storage. I used the phone primarily for media consumption while be able to do phone calls. I have 11gb and up on "other Storage" I went into the MS store in downtown SF and was told that this would be solved not by GDR2 but GDR3. I love Nokia and own the pureview 808 but this is getting out of hand. I fear to update apps because I am always out of memory. I have to delete app to get other apps and I am not willing to do a factory reset. My text messages are disappearing and reappearing and it starting to be sluggish. I am a diehard windows person but I have to maybe take a break and go back to Android. What should I do?.
    im feeling and seeing the same issues on my l920 with 8.3gb of other storage and no I will not reset my phone that's a dumb Idea
    09-01-2013 12:08 PM
    Thanks for the constructive comments guys, the other comments...well they just make me laugh.

I just want the best experience, which I'm getting the best in a lot of features in WP, but not in the most important ones for me.

In relation to the comment about the amount of apps that IOS had at this stage, its surely not about quantity but quality.
    09-01-2013 12:34 PM
    You would have saved us and your self time with not writing all that and just returned to the iphone 5. Belive me, no one cares.... You are talking about a new OS. Android and iOS both have been working on their OS since 2007. In 5 years, even I can bring a good OS to the table. I had an iphone 4s and lost respect for Apple when they annouced the Iphone 5. They are selling the same phone over and over again. oh Im sorry.. the Ip5 has a 4" screen and is a little bit faster... Make the jump quietly please...
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion, just because you don't agree with someone's opinion, doesn't give you the right to be rude to that person..."Make the jump quietly please"... why should he be quiet and not be able to criticize an electrical product...that's right, it is just a mobile phone
    09-02-2013 01:42 PM
    I usually don't comment on "leaving WP and returning to device X" threads, as most are terrible. I thought yours was good. Thanks! I enjoyed the read.

A few comments:

• The situation with mobile IE10 is complicated. Although it is seems natural to blame mobile IE10, reality isn't that simple and clear-cut. If you are interested you may want to read this thread, which also mentions how to get around errors some mobile websites haven't bothered to fix, a.k.a. the "fake user agent trick".
    • Nokia Drive is still beta software. I'm expecting it will take Nokia another two months until they get a half decent version out. Coming to WP8 now means accepting the status of an early adopter. However, you are clearly a "it just has to work" type of person. That is a mismatch that can't be bridged. Either you were two months too early to the party, or Nokia/Microsoft too late.
    • Xbox music is definitely a weak spot. It was rushed. Did you try out Nokia Music (a.k.a. Mix Radio)?

I don't agree with your take on live tiles becoming as boring as a grid of icons. Live tiles aren't just about being new or different. The ability to have all the information you care about slapped right up on your start screen is extremely useful. This adds personality to a device, that a grid of icons can never achieve, no matter how crazy the background wallpaper is.

I'm glad you enjoyed your tour of WP8. As far as I can tell it is exactly the right device for you, but you aren't an early adopter type of person. That is the only issue.
    This comment is a good honest reply which isn't rude or offensive...thankyou :)
    09-02-2013 01:45 PM
    Before I bought the 920, I also came to this forum to find information about the phone. And I found almost everything I wanted to know about it. I knew about the things you dont like before I bought it. Thats why I dont think you have the right to complain. The thing I dont understand is why you didnt? I will stick to, If you did your research, why did you buy the phonein the first place? If you did not, You dont have the right to complain. You can see everywhere on the internet that some apps are having problems. So either you knew about the app problems and just wanted to complain or you didnt knew which also make it your own fault. No matter how you twist and turn it, it's your fault....
    Anybody who pays their hard earned money for any service has the right to complain if something in their opinion isn't right. Jolly dog had given an honest unbiased review yet so many people are just lining up to blast him for knocking their treasured OS. These forums would be so good if people gave their honest opinions and then when someone disagrees with that opinion, great...lets hear what that person thinks without the childish comments.

Maybe WP Central could have an adults only section that only allowed adult conversations...
    09-02-2013 02:03 PM
    I almost switched today after some frustrations with my Lumia 928 but I realize how chaotic android was and the iPhone is just way too small and the grid of icons are just so boring to look at. And many other things that annoy me.

I'm glad I used common sense and chose to stay with the better os.
    stmav and Ferazzz like this.
    09-04-2013 12:40 AM
    Thinkin of switching to HTC one, any thoughts?
    09-04-2013 12:50 AM
    if you must switch, HTC one is the way to go. If I was switching to android, I would own an HTC one. Good Device...far better than the overhyped galaxy s4 imo
    Ferazzz likes this.
    09-04-2013 02:04 AM
    .....Go for it!! :D
    Ferazzz likes this.
    09-04-2013 02:09 AM
    edit : I advise you to wait for a snapdragon 800 model released by HTC.

Don't jump to One right now , its not such a nice product to get right now.

Try newest Xperia or see Note III or iPhone 5S.
    Last edited by Sanjay Chandra; 09-04-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    09-04-2013 08:25 AM
    I've decided to buy an iPhone instead of a 928. The 928's display is nice, but the iPhone's retina display was simply beautiful. I liked the way the 5 fit in my hand, as well as the hardware features (dedicated vibrate switch, nice for school). I also liked that there were a lot of official apps, especially one for youtube. I have to be stuck with the phone for two years, so I feel better about getting updates from Apple than from Verizon.

I'm planning to get either the 5 or the 5S after that comes out (hopefully sept. 10th)

I'll still stick around WPCentral, you guys are a wonderful community. :)
    broar94 likes this.
    09-04-2013 04:32 PM
    The reason I chose windows phone is because of Nokia. I was already thinking of jumping ship because I'm tired of my phone being behind the competition and I STILL do not have a GDR2/Amber update for my 920 on ATT. Which is not about being patient anymore. It's now beyond ridiculous.

What happens now? Tired of waiting. Tired of not knowing. Tired of being "patient" and all the "coming soon" talk.

I'll be back if they become great.

Good luck everyone!
    qsr786 and spazzmeister like this.
    09-04-2013 09:47 PM
    Don't let the door hit yerass on the way out.
    09-05-2013 12:47 AM
    Bye.
    09-05-2013 01:07 AM
    I am planning to get a Asha 502 or 503 before MS takes over.
    09-05-2013 01:19 AM
    Lets pretend I give a s*it: ....
    Ss...fgggerr.....

Nope couldn't even pretend
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    09-05-2013 02:02 AM
    You should be posting here

All Those Switching from a Windows Phone to another device (including Windows Phones), Post Here!

Or not, as the case may be.
    09-05-2013 02:09 AM
    HTC One is a great phone, the best Android phone available today, IMO. However, if you can wait, some impressive hardware is on the horizon, including:

Sony Xperia Z1
    LG G2

The Nexus 5 (or whatever it will be called) s/b announced very soon, as well. That phone's specs will determine my next move. I will likely be buying one of these 3 phones.

I've owned both Andriod and WP devices concurrently for the last two years straight, going back to my Focus, swapping my "main" sim every couple of weeks. This might change later, but if I could only own one phone, today, it would be Android.
    09-06-2013 12:41 AM
    This was my second stint with the Windows Phone. Tried a Lumia 800 before, left for a Galaxy S3, now using a Lumia 720, will leave as soon as the Note 3 is out.
    Main reason? Apps. The medical apps inventory is still as bad as two years ago. No Medscape, which means I have to carry my IPad with me to work. This was my last attempt at WP. Not worth it IMO. Not a phone for health workers.
    09-06-2013 01:24 AM
    Just got back to my nexus 4 from a Lumia 925. The lumia was a great looking phone, with great battery life, and a great camera and og course a really smooth OS. But was missing sine apps too much.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    09-06-2013 01:35 AM
    Just got back to my nexus 4 from a Lumia 925. The lumia was a great looking phone, with great battery life, and a great camera and og course a really smooth OS. But was missing sine apps too much.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    aw crap now I miss my old nexus 4
    09-06-2013 07:23 AM
    The app gap is hard for many to overcome, I get that. I can remember a time when the number of applications on iOS compared to Android was enough of an issue to prevent people from switching to Android or resulted in them switching back to iOS. The mobile landscape will change again a year or two from now and this disparity people are experiencing will not be as large as it is now, leaving most gripes to the overall OS experience and hardware.

Windows Phone is my favorite OS at the moment; minus the issue with missing applications there is more upside to this environment compared to iOS and Android.
    09-12-2013 02:50 PM
    I'm just fed up with at&t not updating my ancient 920, and Microsoft sitting back doing nothing to improve the situation. Carriers won't be able to block updates with windows Phone 8 - LIE. We'll have an enthusiast program to get updates to fans earlier - LIE. I've had it. I picked up a firesale Nexus 4. I'm going to give that a try. If things turn around here maybe I'll be back. I'd love to see MS adopt the Nexus model now that they have brought Nokia into the fold for reals. I've enjoyed playing with Android on a tablet. Maybe I'll like it on a phone also. Time will tell...
    09-12-2013 03:07 PM
    I'm just fed up with at&t not updating my ancient 920, and Microsoft sitting back doing nothing to improve the situation. Carriers won't be able to block updates with windows Phone 8 - LIE. We'll have an enthusiast program to get updates to fans earlier - LIE. I've had it. I picked up a firesale Nexus 4. I'm going to give that a try. If things turn around here maybe I'll be back. I'd love to see MS adopt the Nexus model now that they have brought Nokia into the fold for reals. I've enjoyed playing with Android on a tablet. Maybe I'll like it on a phone also. Time will tell...
    I have been with Windows Phone for 3 years now and all my phones have been unlocked. This we need to test the software is all bull if you ask me. All my windows phones have worked in the following country's with out the slightest hiccup. United Kingdom, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, New Zealand. Its a shame Microsoft is to gutless to just give us the updates directly, As this is what they mentioned was possible when the announced WMP.
    09-15-2013 03:59 AM
5,481 ... 1718192021 ...