Quitter!!!

I'm not content myself so you know I'm kidding.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
    Ouch. That hurt! 🤣

Trust me, I still get the itch, but I've been a good boy for a few months now. I'm going for a record.
    fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    08-13-2017 04:34 PM
    Haha, I should have known.

That is very true, it is. I'm still really liking the Galaxy A3 that I have but the rumors of the SE 2 are hot for an early event next year. I'll probably gladly switch to that but it probably isn't going to have a headphone jack so I will have a choice to make.
    You know I will be all in on the SE 2. I have been using bluetooth headphones for a few years, and would have no problem with the lack of a headphone jack. I can wait until next spring, but it will be the longest I have had a phone in a long long time. If they only update it every 2 years it would help me with my phone ADD issues.

I also wanted to add that I agree with you on missing the song ID thing. I liked being able to get it directly from Cortana, and not have to talk to my phone, or use another app.
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    08-14-2017 09:32 AM
    You know I will be all in on the SE 2. I have been using bluetooth headphones for a few years, and would have no problem with the lack of a headphone jack. I can wait until next spring, but it will be the longest I have had a phone in a long long time. If they only update it every 2 years it would help me with my phone ADD issues.

I also wanted to add that I agree with you on missing the song ID thing. I liked being able to get it directly from Cortana, and not have to talk to my phone, or use another app.
    Yep, I know! Hopefully it will be totally worth it for us. I have never had a phone long-term without a headphone jack. Haha I can totally understand that and relate.

I don't mind hanging on to this Galaxy A3 until then and that will feel long for me too LOL. To use a phone straight from July to January, I can't remember the last time I have done that. I say that I'll have a decision to make but let's be honest, I'll be refreshing the in stock thing every hour. This fits most of my lady pockets but the SE still wins.

Seriously the song ID is awesome.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-14-2017 10:04 AM
    Found a workaround to not really use Google Assistant. Just install Cortana and set as default assistant. Additionally, I added the Google Sound Search Widget to my home screen for song ID. Generally Cortana is workable on Android but to be fair, I don't ask for much from it so I'm probably the exception. It's workable.

On a related note, I'm trying out Amazon Music unlimited for a free trial even though there's no Windows app. Not sure who I am anymore since I am (was?) totally against using apps that aren't on all three. It's not bad but a part of me is glad that I will not continue with it, and just stick with Spotify. 2 dollars cheaper isn't worth the holes for me. At least, it's not as bad as Groove but one of my favorite albums don't even exist there.
    Laura Knotek, aximtreo and HeyCori like this.
    08-15-2017 10:42 PM
    X0LARIUM, A lot of what you said is exactly how I feel. It's what a lot of us have experienced.

I've been in the Apple ecosystem for around 2 years now. I have multiple times said, I'm so glad I switched. My wife misses some of the attributes her 1520 I got her had, but she's still very happy we moved on to the iPhone 6s+

I don't miss my 1520 anymore. I kept it for over a year after I stopped using it. I almost bought the 950XL, but I was trying to keep in mind what I've learned by way of experience the few years I was purely MS Mobile. Windows 8 & 10 on my 920 & my 1520.

I feel I got burned, badly. When I started seeing MS apps looking and working better on the iPhone...It's like man, are they really trying to promote another ecosystem & destroy their own? I had such hope. Do Apple products cost more...Oh yes! Do I feel like it's worth the expense I paid...yes. Because of the ecosystem & more! Including reliability. Even Apple's reliability is much better.

I use my iOS devices for productivity ALL of the time now, part of what has made me so productive on my iOS devices is by the apps MS has made for Apple devices. Thanks Microsoft!!

Kind of an odd thing to thank them for...But come on...Microsoft makes some great apps for the iPhone!
    Thanks. Much appreciated. I am sure lot of people feel the same, but just scared (of something, I don't know what) to openly admitting it. My worry is, I barely use apps even on Android. Except may be a few games.

It is more about using the device for, and that varies from person to person. Like I don't blame my friends who use Snapchat more than their brains (LOL). But for someone like me, I have never felt the need for a million apps.

I do however wish for the basic apps like a WhatsApp and a Ebook app to function normally. These days, even that's too much to ask from MS.
    08-16-2017 07:26 AM
    I'm kinda hooked on the 1520 lately. I had an s8+ which to me the only thing most impressive about it was the screen. Well I traded that too for a pixel xl which being a Google's first was impressive. So I had that for about 3 days and then sold it. Took that money and invested in another Elite X3 since I had traded off my last one too. Just something about the X3 that makes me keep one around. Plus it's the only OEM phone I can get the notification LED to work on, which is cool However I think I'm going to camp out on the 1520 or at least ill try to. So for now the only Android device I own is a bricked moto z play which I'm eyeing a thread on xda that might have a fix for the dreaded bricking. It's caused by rolling back the os from nougat and then taking the OTA update back to nougat.

Edit: I'll add that larger phones I've found in the past I steered away from, but I've learned to appreciate them a bit more plus two top tier Windows 10 Mobile phablets (the classic 1520 and Elite X3) have some intriguing specs and features no other phones have. Parts are so cheap and available for the 1520 that I could easily keep using one of these into 2018 assuming Microsoft comes around with newer Mobile hw by then. I'm a late comer to the 1520 but it does really well on the latest build made for it. One of the last great Windows Nokia phones made.
    I unbricked my Moto Z play the other night. Folks found a fix for it this past weekend on XDA. So I am not android-less anymore...until I sell or trade it I suppose...:)
    libra89 likes this.
    08-16-2017 10:17 PM
    I unbricked my Moto Z play the other night. Folks found a fix for it this past weekend on XDA. So I am not android-less anymore...until I sell or trade it I suppose...:)
    Nice! I'm glad that you fixed it!
    08-17-2017 12:18 AM
    So I feel like I jinxed myself. I have experienced multiple app crashes, along with the "unfortunately (insert app name here) has stopped working" since I last posted here about the A3.

Not a fan of that. I get that apps can be weird on both Android and iOS but I hate the whole message in general. I can't say that this is an Android thing because this didn't happen with the Pixel or Honor 8. As for what to do, I think I'll just keep an eye on this.
    Last edited by libra89; 08-17-2017 at 02:55 AM.
    08-17-2017 12:46 AM
    I might be considering the Nokia 🎱
    libra89 and X0LARIUM like this.
    08-17-2017 01:55 AM
    Yep, the Nokia 8 looks enticing, doesn't it?
    08-17-2017 06:58 AM
    That does look nice. I love the orange. Wonder what the pricing will be. I'm expecting $550-600 at least.
    Joe920 likes this.
    08-17-2017 09:36 AM
    That does look nice. I love the orange. Wonder what the pricing will be. I'm expecting $550-600 at least.
    It's a pretty enticing device. Good looks, pure Android, micro SD card, glance, a 3.5mm headphone jack, USB-C. And possibly good cameras. I'm most looking forward to the camera reviews. Well that and hopefully a US release at some point.
    08-18-2017 12:41 AM
    The only thing the Nokia 8 is missing is the qi wireless charging. I have a bunch of them from my Lumias and I'd hate to lose that feature, but the w10m is trickling down and i have to think fast...
    aximtreo, Joe920 and Nate W like this.
    08-18-2017 01:11 AM
    The only thing the Nokia 8 is missing is the qi wireless charging. I have a bunch of them from my Lumias and I'd hate to lose that feature, but the w10m is trickling down and i have to think fast...
    W10M still has into 2018 though. So not so soon....honestly until Microsoft states it I'm banking on W10M to at least the end of 2018 for the current device lineup.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-18-2017 01:01 PM
    Switched to a Nokia 6 just over a week ago.

I delayed upgrading my Lumia 735 for over two months and eventually gave in.

Been a pretty painful transition so far...
    08-18-2017 06:54 PM
    Switched to a Nokia 6 just over a week ago.

I delayed upgrading my Lumia 735 for over two months and eventually gave in.

Been a pretty painful transition so far...
    I use Android every once in a while to see how certain apps are doing/updating.

I never get use to using it. I do not know why it takes me almost two extra steps to do anything on Android. It seems the more they add into it the more crowded it gets. Samsung's are bad at this imo...or good at it?? :)
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    08-19-2017 01:37 PM
    I use Android every once in a while to see how certain apps are doing/updating.

I never get use to using it. I do not know why it takes me almost two extra steps to do anything on Android. It seems the more they add into it the more crowded it gets. Samsung's are bad at this imo...or good at it?? :)
    There's a reason many of us endure the torture of Windows and keep coming back.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    Laura Knotek, Guytronic and Nate W like this.
    08-19-2017 02:35 PM
    There's a reason many of us endure the torture of Windows and keep coming back.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    Yup. Like we always say, the platforms are all a bit different. If you like all the customization and things Android can do, you have to be able to put up with the busyness also.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-19-2017 05:55 PM
    It is with a heavy heart that I ditch my Lumia 950 and switch to iPhone. I love the Windows phone OS and UI but my recent holiday has just highlighted how clunky and lacking it is despite a recent factory reset. I could live without apps if Edge was up to it, but it just isn't. All the apps I do use take an age to open, as does the camera. The current Facebook app needs at least 2 attempts to open it every single time. I am tired of looking at the "Resuming" screen and of the sporadic Bluetooth connection. With the end of development for WP10 I feel it is just going to get worse so am biting the bullet now while I have free access to an unwanted iPhone. Such a shame, but there you go. Like them or not, iPhones just work and that's what I need - a phone that works.
    Sedp23, TgeekB, Joe920 and 3 others like this.
    08-20-2017 04:11 PM
    I just gave up W10m last year... the platform was going nowhere and now it seems a lot worse. I have a Galaxy S7 edge and works great i have all the apps i want and need since i couldn't find any usable app for photography in W10m... i tried to like MS mobile system since 2010, but patience have a limit.

Also i don't use anymore MS apps and services like Outlook, Onedrive, Skype and others, i was the only one using those services among my family, friends and co workers so no point using MS apps anymore. It's sad, but i don't think MS will reboot their failed mobile OS anymore, too many failures to count.
    08-24-2017 08:15 PM
    Maybe you are right there. Then maybe you're not. "Mobile OS" is only the begining of a new erra in technology evolution. In the long term it really does not matter if Microsoft creates the slickest all glass device running some kind of Hybrid NT/Linux/Mobile Kernel OS and all the bells and whistles with the ability to clean your house. The Mobile "Bar" phone to me has no where to go. It is almost a fashion statement to some or a toy instead of tool. Since ushering in a new erra of technology is soon to happen, it only makes sense for the smaller companies to build up their company and stamina to grow to be the next on top. Kinda weird how business and economics dictate a lot of or most of the World.

I keep sticking with the W10M devices due to my interest in the OS itself, functionality learning about it and do not expect anyone to have the same view. I use linux and solaris all day every week I work. So I am not unfamilar with how Linux works which is Android in a nutshell. Which leads me to find Android too easy to learn and penetrate. Which makes it too easy for me to break their devices too ;). So I guess I am also drawn to the security Microsoft offers....

But if we look at what the makers are going to be offering in the Mobile industry in the next couple years it is all the same stuff and the same OS, with different hardware sandwiched in them. Plus they are too dang expensive nowadays, geesh. I tend to like the experience of handling differnet handsets, but have resorted to keeping my eyes on 1 to 2 yr old devices to help save a few bucks...

I still think Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile (if you use and work with their services) can be the most productive mobile device. I think that is the main thing I cling to, since I am in and out of dozens of emails, pictures, documents, messages, voicemalis, etc. every day. Sure iOS and Android do all that too, but for some reason I have the ability to do all those easier and most of the time faster on a W10M device.

For each person there is a limit or need that Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile cannot get you but what is cool is that you can keep doing what you like to do and feel good with it.
    HeyCori likes this.
    08-24-2017 09:28 PM
    Maybe you are right there. Then maybe you're not. "Mobile OS" is only the begining of a new erra in technology evolution. In the long term it really does not matter if Microsoft creates the slickest all glass device running some kind of Hybrid NT/Linux/Mobile Kernel OS and all the bells and whistles with the ability to clean your house. The Mobile "Bar" phone to me has no where to go. It is almost a fashion statement to some or a toy instead of tool. Since ushering in a new erra of technology is soon to happen, it only makes sense for the smaller companies to build up their company and stamina to grow to be the next on top. Kinda weird how business and economics dictate a lot of or most of the World.

I keep sticking with the W10M devices due to my interest in the OS itself, functionality learning about it and do not expect anyone to have the same view. I use linux and solaris all day every week I work. So I am not unfamilar with how Linux works which is Android in a nutshell. Which leads me to find Android too easy to learn and penetrate. Which makes it too easy for me to break their devices too ;). So I guess I am also drawn to the security Microsoft offers....

But if we look at what the makers are going to be offering in the Mobile industry in the next couple years it is all the same stuff and the same OS, with different hardware sandwiched in them. Plus they are too dang expensive nowadays, geesh. I tend to like the experience of handling differnet handsets, but have resorted to keeping my eyes on 1 to 2 yr old devices to help save a few bucks...

I still think Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile (if you use and work with their services) can be the most productive mobile device. I think that is the main thing I cling to, since I am in and out of dozens of emails, pictures, documents, messages, voicemalis, etc. every day. Sure iOS and Android do all that too, but for some reason I have the ability to do all those easier and most of the time faster on a W10M device.

For each person there is a limit or need that Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile cannot get you but what is cool is that you can keep doing what you like to do and feel good with it.
    I think you may have finally put down in words what some of us feel. I don't think Windows for mobile is cool or has any cool factor, but cool don't get me paid.
    libra89, Nate W and aximtreo like this.
    08-25-2017 11:03 AM
    Found a workaround to not really use Google Assistant. Just install Cortana and set as default assistant. Additionally, I added the Google Sound Search Widget to my home screen for song ID. Generally Cortana is workable on Android but to be fair, I don't ask for much from it so I'm probably the exception. It's workable.
    I did the same thing.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-26-2017 03:47 PM
    I think you may have finally put down in words what some of us feel. I don't think Windows for mobile is cool or has any cool factor, but cool don't get me paid.
    True, but I think that's the same for other platform also.
    At our hospital we use iPhones but not because they're cool but because they work for us.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    08-26-2017 04:19 PM
    True, but I think that's the same for other platform also.
    At our hospital we use iPhones but not because they're cool but because they work for us.
    I don't doubt that at all. Except this isn't iMore and most of us don't bash iOS or Android users for their choice of ecosystem. In general, Windows users have to justify their choice because of the constant "why are you on a dead OS? There's no apps, there's no new phones." Blah, blah and more blah.

There's this pervasive attitude of "If you love this, then you must hate that". It's in politics - if you're not a conservative then you must be a liberal. In sports - if you love Durant then you must hate Westbrook....and so forth. We need to get over this sh*t. I like iOS but I like Windows 10 Mobile more. I prefer BlackBerry OS10 even more than Windows but it's too impractical at this point. I haven't mentioned Android but it doesn't mean I hate it. There's a whole f*****g spectrum of colors out there, not just black and white.

I didn't mean to tear into you since you're one of the more level-headed people on this forum but I needed to put it out there and you're today's unlucky messenger. Get medical attention for those gunshot wounds. :-)
    08-26-2017 05:13 PM
5,464 ... 193194195196197 ...