04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 208209210211212 ...
tools
    I think it makes sense to sell the A3. The XZ1 seems to fill the void for you.

What do you want for your Pixel? Send me a PM if you want.
    I will probably sell the A3 for sure.

I'm not sure yet but I'll let you know when I do decide something.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-25-2017 12:54 PM
    This feels like the most indecisive time since I have been a chronic switcher. I would like to say that I'm confident in a decision but then I feel like I'm settling. A part of me just wants to send some of these away so that I can let go of the possibility. Starting to wonder if it was easier to be a Windows fan, I'm pretty sure it was lol.

I have had different things in my cart for the past few days to support any of these decisions. For the Pixel, a battery pack. For the XZ1 Compact, a case and a screen protector. I have put them, removed them, and then put them back but haven't checked out. I don't know if I'm just exhausted or what. I might be. If so, exhaustion/fatigue is very possible and real.

I can't say that I'll stop posting my switching struggles, I just hope to finally arrive at a decision and stick with it. Having too many options can really be a bad thing at times...
    Last edited by libra89; 10-27-2017 at 10:46 PM.
    10-27-2017 10:33 PM
    I can't say that I'll stop posting my switching struggles, I just hope to finally arrive at a decision and stick with it. Having too many options can really be a bad thing at times...
    I agree. Having too many choices (a modern first world problem) can actually be a issue.
    I’m pretty sure you’ve done this but writing down your wants/needs and doing a pros/cons list can help. You have to make sure you don’t want too much though or you will never settle. You also have be prepared to make a decision knowing there is no perfect choice and be happy with it. Not easy.
    Remember one big thing: you are not stuck with your decision forever. New phones come out all the time. I guess what I’m saying is this is as much about you as it is the phone. The phone can only be what it is but you can make a decision and choose to be happy with it.
    We’re all in the same boat! Good luck with your decision. We’re all here for you!
    mark233, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-28-2017 08:21 AM
    I agree. Having too many choices (a modern first world problem) can actually be a issue.
    I’m pretty sure you’ve done this but writing down your wants/needs and doing a pros/cons list can help. You have to make sure you don’t want too much though or you will never settle. You also have be prepared to make a decision knowing there is no perfect choice and be happy with it. Not easy.
    Remember one big thing: you are not stuck with your decision forever. New phones come out all the time. I guess what I’m saying is this is as much about you as it is the phone. The phone can only be what it is but you can make a decision and choose to be happy with it.
    We’re all in the same boat! Good luck with your decision. We’re all here for you!
    Thank you! I think what makes this harder for me is that offline I am starting something that requires record keeping. For the sake of my sanity, I cannot have different texts on different phones. This is a on going thing so I have to stick with something for a while. I can switch somewhat here and there but no longer the kind of daily/weekly kind lol.

I'll probably try a more realistic pros and cons list with my wants and needs.
    TgeekB and aximtreo like this.
    10-28-2017 09:35 AM
    Thank you! I think what makes this harder for me is that offline I am starting something that requires record keeping. For the sake of my sanity, I cannot have different texts on different phones. This is a on going thing so I have to stick with something for a while. I can switch somewhat here and there but no longer the kind of daily/weekly kind lol.

I'll probably try a more realistic pros and cons list with my wants and needs.
    Well, it sounds like you’ve decided on the most important aspect of a phone phone for you. That’s good!
    libra89 likes this.
    10-28-2017 09:38 AM
    Well, it sounds like you’ve decided on the most important aspect of a phone phone for you. That’s good!
    Thanks again. I can really do that on any phone haha. I think I'll just use OneNote for when I wish to switch and keep notes temporarily.

Your advice helped here. After making the list (honest, no fluff), the easiest fix is found with the A3. It might be a version behind but it will work well with my life with the most important needs. Ironically​ enough, it fell short on the wants side.

The rest require buying things, which means carrying more around, or it can only be fixed halfway (cough cough ZX1C). Hopefully I stick to this for longer than today haha.
    Last edited by libra89; 10-28-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    TgeekB and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-28-2017 10:42 AM
    After a long period on W10M I went back to WP8.1. My Lumia 640 is no longer supported so i don't see a reason to stay on a unstable OS. I have to say one last thing ( first post on windows central ), I LOVE WP 8.1. The design, the speed and the stability. W10M was a step in a wrong direction. It's not like it matters anymore but I just wanted to say thank you to Microsoft for creating WP 8.1. The Lumia 640 is still my daily driver and I love it. Everything that I need is still there. I don't think that I will buy another smartphone after my 640. My Nokia N73 is still in good shape

Once again, thank you Microsoft and Nokia for a great phone with a small price that served me great and still is. Best luck for the future.
    10-28-2017 05:48 PM
    Just go with Android. Win 10m was wack anyways. Going forward, MS should just use win 10s for phones. Less buggy, cost less, exact same version of win 10 app as pro version. No need for uwp mess.
    10-28-2017 06:11 PM
    No smartphones for me after my 640. I need a break from all this madness. Nokia N73 can receive calls and send messages and has a good camera. Enough for me.
    10-28-2017 06:18 PM
    Thanks again. I can really do that on any phone haha. I think I'll just use OneNote for when I wish to switch and keep notes temporarily.

Your advice helped here. After making the list (honest, no fluff), the easiest fix is found with the A3. It might be a version behind but it will work well with my life with the most important needs. Ironically​ enough, it fell short on the wants side.

The rest require buying things, which means carrying more around, or it can only be fixed halfway (cough cough ZX1C). Hopefully I stick to this for longer than today haha.
    So I was hoping for an answer and I thought this was it, but I was just being hardheaded. My decision showed itself today with me regrettably bringing the wrong phone to this surprise (which was a mixed light situation). It was a struggle to get pictures and the pictures I did get showed faces somewhat but wasn't the best picture.

In my honest list, the Pixel was tied with the A3 when it came to needs. On the wants side, the Pixel was 3rd place (the other two phone leaders had more wants over needs) but the needs are more important than the wants so Pixel it is. Nothing else makes more sense, and I'm tired of being hardheaded, haha.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-29-2017 12:32 AM
    So I was hoping for an answer and I thought this was it, but I was just being hardheaded. My decision showed itself today with me regrettably bringing the wrong phone to this surprise (which was a mixed light situation). It was a struggle to get pictures and the pictures I did get showed faces somewhat but wasn't the best picture.

In my honest list, the Pixel was tied with the A3 when it came to needs. On the wants side, the Pixel was 3rd place (the other two phone leaders had more wants over needs) but the needs are more important than the wants so Pixel it is. Nothing else makes more sense, and I'm tired of being hardheaded, haha.
    If photography is as important as you make it seem, it would appear that you need to carry a dedicated camera. Girls can tote 2-week provisions for a small garrison in their purses. I’ve seen it, it’s possible.

Have you considered that? You’re too young to be stressing out over a phone. Look at me and see the effects over time.
    Wolfjt, libra89, aximtreo and 4 others like this.
    10-29-2017 12:20 PM
    If photography is as important as you make it seem, it would appear that you need to carry a dedicated camera. Girls can tote 2-week provisions for a small garrison in their purses. I’ve seen it, it’s possible.

Have you considered that? You’re too young to be stressing out over a phone. Look at me and see the effects over time.
    Wise advice.
    10-29-2017 12:36 PM

Lol @ 2 week provisions! Not me, I'm more of a light load kind of girl.

That's a great suggestion but I'm not really into photography. It's important to me because I like to have the option to be able to take good pictures just in case.
    Yesterday was the perfect example of this. My mom and sister couldn't make it to this event so I had to take some pictures on their behalf.
    Also some lifestyle things I do makes it important to me to have a phone that holds it's own in low light. I really appreciate your concern and get where you are coming from.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-29-2017 03:44 PM
    Lol @ 2 week provisions! Not me, I'm more of a light load kind of girl.

That's a great suggestion but I'm not really into photography. It's important to me because I like to have the option to be able to take good pictures just in case.
    Yesterday was the perfect example of this. My mom and sister couldn't make it to this event so I had to take some pictures on their behalf.
    Also some lifestyle things I do makes it important to me to have a phone that holds it's own in low light. I really appreciate your concern and get where you are coming from.
    Get one of these, they’re not too big!

10-29-2017 04:00 PM
    Get one of these, they’re not too big!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...dcf69f5c42.jpg
    I wouldn't even know how to operate that
    10-29-2017 04:10 PM
    I wouldn't even know how to operate that
    Sadly, I remember them.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and editguy like this.
    10-29-2017 04:28 PM
    I'm missing battery life...

Currently debating a battery case or a pack. Both have solid reviews.

A battery case means not being able to use my cute case. A pack means it takes up space in my purse. Decisions, decisions.

Or I could just get an iPhone 8. That would probably be the best middle ground (something about the processor having improved battery management) but I need to ditch some of these phones. Yep that idea has rolled around in my mind, but the quality control on the software and hardware side needs some help...
    Last edited by libra89; 10-30-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    fatclue_98 and aximtreo like this.
    10-30-2017 08:03 AM
    I'm missing battery life...

Currently debating a battery case or a pack. Both have solid reviews.

A battery case means not being able to use my cute case. A pack means it takes up space in my purse. Decisions, decisions.

Or I could just get an iPhone 8. That would probably be the best middle ground (something about the processor having improved battery management) but I need to ditch some of these phones. Yep that idea has rolled around in my mind, but the quality control on the software and hardware side needs some help...
    What’s wrong with the iPhone 8?
    10-30-2017 08:36 AM
    What’s wrong with the iPhone 8?
    I remember seeing a news story about them coming apart for some people and also the mess that iOS 11 has been, for battery life and general performance. Apple has released a lot of updates since the software came out, which is crazy considering that it's only October.

Edit: I believe the coming apart was because of the swollen batteries on the Plus model. Also watched a video yesterday of a lady who had to have her iPhone 8 Plus replaced 2 times and others in her comments were saying that they had similar experiences.
    fatclue_98, RumoredNow and editguy like this.
    10-30-2017 08:47 AM
    Is changing your charging routine an option? It would seem that simply plugging in the Pixel on a drive, at your desk, or when you are in bed would solve your battery life dilemma. I think you said you don't do that now, but that would be a no cost (or at least low cost if you had to buy an extra USB-C cable) way to increase the battery life, and you wouldn't have to carry anything extra.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-30-2017 10:02 AM
    Is changing your charging routine an option? It would seem that simply plugging in the Pixel on a drive, at your desk, or when you are in bed would solve your battery life dilemma. I think you said you don't do that now, but that would be a no cost (or at least low cost if you had to buy an extra USB-C cable) way to increase the battery life, and you wouldn't have to carry anything extra.
    That's a good suggestion, thanks. I do carry around a cable (and plug) to work in case I need it. In fact, said cable is currently charging my Pixel on my desk. I just don't like having a need to carry a cable daily.

I might get an extra USB-C cable just for the car, since I'm always listening to Spotify via my phone anyway (I have a 15 minute commute, but knock on wood with a life change coming soon, I will have a longer commute to the other location, which might justify this purchase). I could charge at night but my current cord isn't long enough for me to read before falling asleep. It's kind of annoying to try to read with it connected to the charger.

It's worth giving a try though, thank you. As you and anyone else who posts in this thread often knows, being a switcher can be exhausting and expensive. The number of times I have set up phones this past weekend, ugh I need a break.
    Last edited by libra89; 10-30-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    10-30-2017 11:00 AM
    I finally gave up on Windows 10 mobile, not because I wanted but because my Lumia 950 started crasing a lot, apps, OS, services, slowdowns, random freezes, even the battery started failing a lot (I just bought a new OEM battery 2 months ago). I tried Hard resetting but nothing.

I ended up buying a moto E4 plus, is a budget phone. I am planning to return if the Surface phone ever comes out.

I feel dissapointed by Microsoft, after so many years of being a loyal windows phone user, i feel like they are kicking us out of the platform.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2017 11:45 AM
    It's no point of trying to hold on anymore its been a year since the last windows 10 Mobile device was released , and app developers are pulling and ending their support more and more everyday. Lack of hardware and apps are more than enough reason to leave. Surface phone has been rumored for at least 5 years now I doubt that phone would do anything there's still the issue with no apps

I left back in June I had the idol 4s and switched to the ZTE axon 7 and I've bee satisfied every since. Good hardware and app support. It's time to bury windows 1 mobile in the grave
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-30-2017 11:57 AM
    I felt the same when Microsoft left the L1020 despite having promised to support it.
    10-30-2017 11:59 AM
    Lumia 1020 came out back in 2013. I thought people upgrade at least 1-2 years later? i upgrade at least every year for new phone.
    10-30-2017 12:45 PM
5,481 ... 208209210211212 ...