Yesterday 04:08 PM
5,463 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    That's me done. HTC m8 on android and couldn't be happier. I hope you all see the light and ditch this miserable os too so it can die. Take care everyone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    01-04-2015 03:56 PM
    I currently have a Lumia 1020, I loved the phone, told everyone to try a Windows Phone, some went and looked and said oh I don't see my apps I use all the time. I was a iPhone user from the 2nd one up until the 5 only reason I left was the screen size. It is looking like I will be headed back to Apple, I have exactly one credit card and it was in the Apple Pay system immediately. I am running Win 10 on a lap top to help with the testing. I have 8.1 on my desktop and I own a MacBook Pro with Yosemite. One thing I will miss big time on my phone is Cortana, everyone I show is impressed I didn't like Siri but I will be glad to have Cortana on my laptop. I probably just use my Lumia 2520 until I see if I need a iPad to go with the iPhone 6 Plus. Going to run the desktop into the ground and probably replace with a iMac that way everything will talk to each other once the 2520 bites the dust. If it didn't mean losing my unlimited data I would have the iPhone tomorrow. One other thing I will miss is my wireless charging just walking into my office and putting it on the charging pad should be available for every platform never minded the extra piece on the back
    01-04-2015 04:20 PM
    That's me done. HTC m8 on android and couldn't be happier. I hope you all see the light and ditch this miserable os too so it can die. Take care everyone.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    I'm currently on Android and contemplating Windows. What makes it so bad? Please be specific. You can PM me if you prefer.
    01-04-2015 05:49 PM
    I'm currently on Android and contemplating Windows. What makes it so bad? Please be specific. You can PM me if you prefer.
    I honestly don't know what crawled up his rear end.
    I've been with windows phone for over 6 months and I absolutely love it.
    With Windows 10 on the way it can only get better. People should simply try it, ask questions if necessary, and learn the OS. If you like it, stick around, if no then don't complain and bash it. You may not personally like it but others might. To each their own.
    01-04-2015 06:23 PM
    I honestly don't know what crawled up his rear end.
    I've been with windows phone for over 6 months and I absolutely love it.
    With Windows 10 on the way it can only get better. People should simply try it, ask questions if necessary, and learn the OS. If you like it, stick around, if no then don't complain and bash it. You may not personally like it but others might. To each their own.
    I can appreciate that not everyone will like a particular OS, but they should give more details other than it stinks.
    Legoboyii likes this.
    01-04-2015 07:27 PM
    The reason people don't like it are sometimes very strange reasons.
    I heard that one person left wp because candy crush was not there and only for that app was wp noting for her. She did not even try other games that look like candy crush. After 2 weeks on Android she stopped playing Candy crush and stil does she ned help with here phone were with wp she was doing everything her self.
    An other person for Instagram and he sold his wp and was not happy when I showed him 6tag and what it can do.
    But most complain because they don't understand the system. For android and ios they look on the internet about how it works but for wp they don't. They even complain about things that are missing wile it is on the phone but because they were not reading or looking for it, it was not there and the phone was bad.
    But until now there are more people that switched to wp happy with it and don't want to go back. Still the biggest reason for people not to switch to wp is the amount of apps and in my opinion that is also no good reason. There is no phone that has so much space that you can install all the apps on it. Also when you look to what apps most people use on there phone, than you don't need an android or ios phone.
    01-04-2015 08:16 PM
    wait just a bit longer than 6 months and wait till it is your phone that doesn't get supported anymore, wait till the apps you want are not there and no sign of them showing up and the apps you do you don't get updates regularly like you see on other platforms. Then ask that? And I have seen it on every forum, the only reason I came to this platform was that the iPhone I had in my hand was straining my eyes. Now that they have everything I want I am headed back in fact I am counting the days I don't see Windows 10 fixing the problem if they don't get the damn apps updated frequently
    01-04-2015 10:41 PM
    Something to consider when blasting Windows Phone app selection. Go take a look at your iPhone or Android device. Take a look at every single app and try to remember the last time you used it.
    There are perhaps three or four that most people use on a daily basis. The rest get used a few times a year. On my iPhone I downloaded tons of apps that I thought I would use (mostly restaurants and fast food) and never even used them.
    What apps did I use every day? Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Outlook, Swarm, Foursquare, Yelp. All available on WP (although not as frequently updated).
    Apps like my bank and grocery store are handy to have, but I can just as easily load up the mobile site on the phone's web browser for an almost identical experience.
    I think the app gap is mostly in our heads that we need to have the latest and amazing app so it can sit on our phone and never be used.
    One thing I will concede is that WP lags behind in the game department.
    01-04-2015 11:12 PM
    To throw in my two cents, I found Android to be the most buggy and slow of all of the phone OSs. Lots of games and apps were just slow as molasses when compared to iPhone and WP. Swarm, Tapped Out, Yelp, Email, camera, photo gallery, Facebook, Twitter ... to name a few
    01-04-2015 11:16 PM
    wait just a bit longer than 6 months and wait till it is your phone that doesn't get supported anymore, wait till the apps you want are not there and no sign of them showing up and the apps you do you don't get updates regularly like you see on other platforms. Then ask that? And I have seen it on every forum, the only reason I came to this platform was that the iPhone I had in my hand was straining my eyes. Now that they have everything I want I am headed back in fact I am counting the days I don't see Windows 10 fixing the problem if they don't get the damn apps updated frequently
    Its a Lumia 521, wont hurt to just buy a newer phone :P
    In fact I plan to use purchase a Lumia 1520.3 in the coming months.
    If you think I will eventually stop liking it you're just oblivious to how I feel about windows phone. I love it and I enjoy the ecosystem, it had its kinks. But there is such a thing as patience, and I have plenty to spare.
    01-04-2015 11:19 PM
    The app gap is killing this phone for me. Banking app.. nope.. Strava app (or any decent fitness tracking site).. nope.. Snapchat.. nope.. decent weather, facebook, podcast app... nope.. everything I want to do (except for news and redit/twitter) is lacking in the app department... Surprisingly thanks to metroTube the only thing I have over my friends with android is a better YouTube experience..

I'll wait it out ill Windows 10.. but if companies don't start taking WP seriously this year and start developing for it then I'll have to go back to android..
    01-05-2015 12:39 AM
    I don't really mind the apps gap. All apps I need is are there and perform well. Even though they lack in the department of functionalities and are not updated regularly (i.e. I like the official Twitter app lockscreen :t I cannot choose which feed to display and the application cannot display the whole post on the lockscreen).
    The worst experience for me on WP8: Here Maps. It sometimes give results that are irrelevant at best.

What bothers me is being in an OS that has somewhat the specifications of a feature phone (ok that's harsh)
    - Being among the non-US ATIV S users, we've been left out of the Cortana business (even from preview now), it's nice to have a somewhat "smarter" phone.
    - No wareable
    - Not a lot of accessories (HR belts, etc.)
    - You cannot plug a keyboard (would help a lot to take note in meetings instead of having the need of a laptop)
    - When sitting at a computer, from my location, outlook. com is sometimes slow as hell when compared to Google services, and it somewhat is a problem for the whole WP8 experience.

For the moment, I'm not in a hurry, I won't switch and I'm only considering hardware stuff:
    I want a Full HD 5' phone with a nice screen, great sound, capable camera, and that has some smart ideas to assist me during the day (hand free usage, smart reminders, compatibility, etc.)
    I would have switched before if it weren't for the whole UI and live tiles things...
    01-05-2015 05:53 AM
    I had to nip back and check the follow up to my post. For those wanting more info feel free to trawl through the whole thread. I have given many reasons including random battery draining, poor apps, limited apps and just the os in general.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
    01-05-2015 10:52 AM
    Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Outlook, Swarm, Foursquare, Yelp. All available on WP (although not as frequently updated).
    They might be there, but they're (mostly) garbage.
    01-05-2015 11:40 AM
    Left for Android in August, WP by any means is not a bad OS but after updating my Lumia 1020 to 8.1 i encountered a ton of issues that forced me to leave WP for a while, consider coming back when W10 is out and tested.

• Battery draining excessive
    • A lot of freezing issues, even on start screen with no apps running.
    • Many black screens only showing status at top, required reboot
    • IE 8.1 not rendering pages properly (may be specific to web devs but nonetheless a problem for me)
    • laggy movement (the once fluid super slick navigation of WP8 gone)
    • notifications not working 50% of the time
    • Tons of missing Apps, or the apps WP has just dont work well

What i miss most about WP is MixRadio, camera and unique design...however using Android for the last many months, i dont miss the tiles as much as i thought i would.
    01-05-2015 01:37 PM
    I switched back from Android to WP two months ago. I was dissapointed by Android lag and LG droping phone support after only one update of system even though phone was more than capable to run Kit Kat and now Lolipop. Now I have Lumia 1520...I am satisfied overal but wish there are more quality apps to fill the gap on market. Noticed increased battery drain on 8.1 but since it has gigantic battery its not big issue. What I would like is that M$ be more strict about apps. There are lot of apps, either official or unofficial that are plain and simple garbage. Why not they make agreement with big developers or app publisher that they update their apps regulary and so we have same app quality as other platforms. One thing I hate is when WP app mimics Android or iOS app like OneDrive...
    01-05-2015 01:51 PM
    I am switching to Android One - Moto G2.
    1. Least customizable - no native option to set custom ringtones (don't tell me about ringtone maker-stupid idea to set ringtone via app).
    2. Can not set custom alerts for email/messages/whatsapp - if there are 5-6 Lumias in a room, no one knows exactly whose phone is ringing.
    3. Poorly implemented Bluetooth transfer - if one file fails to gets received, all previous files are lost. Pairing even Windows PC is troublesome and keeps losing connection frequently.
    4. SD storage is very poorly implemented - lots of compatibility issues, files transferred to SD card are not recognized in 'storage sense' and shown as 'others', moving maps to SD card is next to impossible.
    5. File manager is extremely poor. Impossible to find audio files received via whatsapp.
    6. Photos - can't create albums in photos itself (don't tell me to use Files)
    7. Videos - most of the formats do not play.
    8. Storage - all high end Lumias have no expandable storage and all lack USB OTG. If my L1020 snaps at 42MP HR photos, don't I need more storage? WiFi is not available everywhere and 3G is not cheap for cloud storage.
    9. Apps - I am not App savvy but android counterparts do far better- eg. again whatsapp.
    10. Calender is poor compared to android. If it was exactly like Symbian it would have been great. Even setting birth day reminder alarm is complicated. Calender is best managed online only and not via device itself on Lumia.
    11. Flip to silence doesn't work for alarms.
    12. Phone forgets date and time when it is re-setted if it freezes, and it does freeze sometimes. None of old Nokia did forget date unless battery was removed. If date and time on Lumia is set to Auto, Nokia account logging in fails on Maps and Mix Radio.
    13. Phone can not be properly used while connected to PC and transferring data, freezes many times, slows down, or transfer is interrupted.
    14. Somehow, on Moto G2, I find reception superior than Lumia, I have 2 Lumias - 925, 730.
    15. Security - only locking pin can be set, gallery/messages/notes can not be locked. Not even good third party app are there because for crappy OS implementation.

Moto G2 has all above stuff rightly done. It does have flaws but at least what I use most is very good. I don't care about Cortana as 'say google' works in my country and is damn good. I don't care about unifying devices now or in future as I don't need it - I use different devices for different job and would like to keep it that way. Here maps and camera is the only advantage for Lumia but again I have good old N8 for that job. N8's photos are far better than L925 and finally here maps will be there on android someday. N8 even works best as music player as it has Dolby Digital has 16 GB inbuilt storage plus 32 GB SD card support plus USB OTG , HDMI output, DLNA support and last but not the lease - Play via radio.

On Denim, Only IE is greatly improved over Cyan and almost compares to android's browser which I use most. Other stuff I don't care - making folder in start menu etc etc it's all crap.
    If W10 rectifies above, I might use WP again. Till then C ya.
    01-05-2015 02:31 PM
    I am switching to Android One - Moto G2.
    1. Least customizable - no native option to set custom ringtones (don't tell me about ringtone maker-stupid idea to set ringtone via app).
    2. Can not set custom alerts for email/messages/whatsapp - if there are 5-6 Lumias in a room, no one knows exactly whose phone is ringing.
    3. Poorly implemented Bluetooth transfer - if one file fails to gets received, all previous files are lost. Pairing even Windows PC is troublesome and keeps losing connection frequently.
    4. SD storage is very poorly implemented - lots of compatibility issues, files transferred to SD card are not recognized in 'storage sense' and shown as 'others', moving maps to SD card is next to impossible.
    5. File manager is extremely poor. Impossible to find audio files received via whatsapp.
    6. Photos - can't create albums in photos itself (don't tell me to use Files)
    7. Videos - most of the formats do not play.
    8. Storage - all high end Lumias have no expandable storage and all lack USB OTG. If my L1020 snaps at 42MP HR photos, don't I need more storage? WiFi is not available everywhere and 3G is not cheap for cloud storage.
    9. Apps - I am not App savvy but android counterparts do far better- eg. again whatsapp.
    10. Calender is poor compared to android. If it was exactly like Symbian it would have been great. Even setting birth day reminder alarm is complicated. Calender is best managed online only and not via device itself on Lumia.
    11. Flip to silence doesn't work for alarms.
    12. Phone forgets date and time when it is re-setted if it freezes, and it does freeze sometimes. None of old Nokia did forget date unless battery was removed. If date and time on Lumia is set to Auto, Nokia account logging in fails on Maps and Mix Radio.
    13. Phone can not be properly used while connected to PC and transferring data, freezes many times, slows down, or transfer is interrupted.
    14. Somehow, on Moto G2, I find reception superior than Lumia, I have 2 Lumias - 925, 730.
    15. Security - only locking pin can be set, gallery/messages/notes can not be locked. Not even good third party app are there because for crappy OS implementation.

Moto G2 has all above stuff rightly done. It does have flaws but at least what I use most is very good. I don't care about Cortana as 'say google' works in my country and is damn good. I don't care about unifying devices now or in future as I don't need it - I use different devices for different job and would like to keep it that way. Here maps and camera is the only advantage for Lumia but again I have good old N8 for that job. N8's photos are far better than L925 and finally here maps will be there on android someday. N8 even works best as music player as it has Dolby Digital has 16 GB inbuilt storage plus 32 GB SD card support plus USB OTG , HDMI output, DLNA support and last but not the lease - Play via radio.

On Denim, Only IE is greatly improved over Cyan and almost compares to android's browser which I use most. Other stuff I don't care - making folder in start menu etc etc it's all crap.
    If W10 rectifies above, I might use WP again. Till then C ya.
    Some things like no micro SD in some phones I can agree and folders and the app problem yes but there are things that ere not right. Yes you can set for sms, watsapp, facebook and other things were you get messages from, an other ringtone.
    Yes you can ad ringtones with android from your audio files and with wp it works different but you can so to. It can be better but it can.
    That your phone freezes is more a problem with your phone. I don't have that problem. The only time I have had bugs were when I used the developers preview version.
    Freezing and other problems when connected to your pc is also a problem I don't have.
    Bluetooth works on my wp and windows tablet better than it ever did and does on my android devices. I need to reconnect my headset each time again and than the mice does not work and must do it again were my wp and win tablet do it with no problem when I put my headset on.
    Connection problems I have had to but that was also with my android phone and was a provider problem. Now with an other provider I have no problems and very good connection and internet speeds. 3g and as I want I can set it to 4g but than I must pay more.

It is more that you want several things that are not there on wp but you forget one thing. Android is there now for a long time and I can tell you that as long that I worked with Android, it took them longer to reach what wp can do now than what they could do. The improvements came the last few versions and those versions bring there own problems with them. How long will your moto g2 be supported? In most cases 2 years if you are lucky.
    It is already so far that you need for many apps Android 4,3 or higher to be able to use it and many systems will not more be updated and many of the systems that have 4,3 will not get 5.0 or higher. in 1 or 2 years all devises under 5.0 will loose support by apps were wp even the old ones that have wp 8/8.1 will get wp 10. That is what I call support.

Wp needs time and that is what people forget each time. They loo to android and ios and start complaining wile what wp has reach in this short time is more than both of those platforms did and still they are improving and catching up.
    It is a fact that wp has the best base of all systems and runs the most stable, fastest on slower systems and is one of the safest systems.
    01-05-2015 05:38 PM
    I have to admit, I love Windows Phone 80 percent of the time. But at times, it drives me crazy how basic functionality that I think would be a staple of a phone platform does not work on Windowsphone 8.1.

A good example is accepting GoToMeeting invitations. You can "Accept" but then you are screwed. The original invite is eliminated from your email list, and only the NOTICE OF MEETING is put in your Calendar. WindowsPhone strips out all pertinent data from the invite, like WHAT NUMBER TO CALL and PASSCODES. For crying out loud. My BlackBerry 9780 can handle GoToMeeting invites flawlessly. This is a serious problem. Yet, WindowsPhone has a decent GoToMeeting APP, while my BlackBerry has none. I wish I could MELD the two phone together!

I can be productive with my WindowsPhone, and I can be productive with my BlackBerry. Damn, if I could fuse the two together, I'd be Mr. Get-er-done.

I am the kind of guy that likes to hang on to technology that works, while testing out new things. Thus, I still use my BlackBerry 9780 as well as my WindowsPhone. When you link the Berry to a Playbook via BRIDGE, it's an AMAZING combo. If Playbook had basic business apps, I'd be set, but it does not. Yet, when I'm out and about in the business world, I miss "Navigation" and "Cortana" and a really decent "Twitter" app that I do like on my WindowsPhone. But I'm in a world of hurt if I only have my WindowsPHone and someone sends me a GoToMeeting Invitation. I don't DARE accept it until I copy and paste all the data into OneNote.

BlackBerry has put out a new "BlackBerry Classic" that uses OS-10 and can sideload Android apps. This may be the answer for productivity and state-of-the-art use apps and navigation. And it has a new LINK system like the old BRIDGE that allows it to sync and work seamlessly with your laptop via WiFi rather than BRIDGE's Bluetooth. I will definitely give it a try!

HOWEVER, I'm NOT getting rid of my WindowsPhone! I do like it. I just need some core features to work the way they are supposed to and I'll be happy as a clam!
    prasath1234 likes this.
    01-05-2015 07:03 PM
    That your phone freezes is more a problem with your phone. I don't have that problem. The only time I have had bugs were when I used the developers preview version.
    Freezing and other problems when connected to your pc is also a problem I don't have.
    It's a known problem with L925 which even after 2 years MS has not sorted out and now agreed to sort out....waiting!!

Bluetooth works on my wp and windows tablet better than it ever did and does on my android devices. I need to reconnect my headset each time again and than the mice does not work and must do it again were my wp and win tablet do it with no problem when I put my headset on.
    Send 10 files to a WP phone and see when there is problem when receiving 10th file, all previous 9 files a re also gone. Now imaging when you do it with 50 files. Also I have PC/Laptops for Win XP to current Win 8.1 Pro. Nowhere is not as simple as just right click and send to->bluetooth device, like it's for android and Symbian S^3 phones. Always need pairing first to other PC/Laptop/Mobile. What if I'm receiving file just once from a person and don't want to pair? Headset pairing is fine.

Android is there now for a long time and I can tell you that as long that I worked with Android, it took them longer to reach what wp can do now than what they could do. The improvements came the last few versions and those versions bring there own problems with them. How long will your moto g2 be supported? In most cases 2 years if you are lucky.
    What about WP 7.5? It was there since long. Though two are completely different systems, did MS not learn anything from it's failure? Was it not their job to do research before starting to build WP8? They took 3 years to add basic separate vol controls, improve IE, notification etc. Do you still call it evolution? If it is, then think where other will be when MS reaches to one point. How much more time they need?
    There are plenty of basic stuff I can talk about which should be there in the first hand and can not be ignored for day to day use of any cell phone. Forget about HDMI out, unifying devices, VPN, Cortana I want basics at the best and currently WP is no match for android. And about bugs/problems, everyone has it. The question is which one has least.

I religiously used WP as I'm a diehard fan of Nokia. And Nokia deserved it, not MS. WP feels "completely incomplete" even when compared to Symbian, leave apart Android. I like Windows on PC/Laptop, definitely I'll vouch for MS on PC, but WP - they have completely ruined it.
    Of course things might turn differently when WP10 comes out. But till then it's again long long wait. I'm still optimistic and hope basic functionality is just great as I experienced with my all trusted good old Nokia (Symbian).
    Thank you for your patience.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    01-05-2015 11:23 PM
    I switched from android to WP six months ago and I am happy about it.
    Love WP <3 It has all I want and need.
    01-06-2015 05:05 AM
    Sold my iPhone 6 and my Galaxy Note 4 and I'm back to my Lumia 1520.
    As much as I try I just can't live with out my live tiles. Widgets suck and IOS has no universal back button.
    01-06-2015 07:17 AM
    I switched from Android (HTC One M7) to WP (Nokia Lumia 1520) about 3 months ago, but I've already decided to try out iOS (6 Plus). I like WP OS and love the phone, but the app situation is slowly driving me crazy. I researched a ton prior to switching to WP and all but one of my most used apps were covered by 3rd party apps. But now Snapchat is gone (yes, it's dumb, but I used it a lot), and I'm noticing the flaws in the apps that are available. I don't use my phone for business, so I need a phone for social and entertainment uses. So, nothing new that hasn't already been said, but I thought I'd add my voice here.
    01-06-2015 08:28 AM
    and Yes i agree that WP is missing things outside apps and that apps in sme cases are not like the android/ios version. I can't talk about the 925 because I have an Ativ S and a Lumia 1020 that both work very good now.
    The Bluetooth file transfer works here without any problems just like with an usb cable. My Android phone gave problems but that one I a lot older and the support of Samsung with there very bad software for the pc were the problem.
    The calendar is just limited and I agree that that is just to limited especially as you want that companies use your products.
    USB on the go is missing yes and it would be nice as they ad it with wp 10. I don't use it because I do a lot of work with my tablet that also functions as extra storage and for recharging my phone.
    But still wp is further than Android was ad the same time. Yes here was wp 7 ut android was there already a few years before wp 7 came. Android is older than many people think because the first version were just crap. compare it with wp 7 and you will see that wp 7 was ay ahead on the first android versions.
    But people compare platforms on support like USB on the go, software functions like a pull down menu, apps and hardware.
    A real high-end phone is there not for wp. Yes they have great spec's but not comparable with the iPhone and Samsung phones. Also no finger print reader to unlock your phone.
    WP is especially selling good in the low end of the phone marked and that is were wp shows why it is ahead and way better than Android/ios. WP has the best kernel for mobile devises and that makes that it runs on low spec phones.
    ios has only a limited of hardware were it runs on and is not able to run on a low spec device. It is way to heavy.
    Android works on low end phones but it becomes slow and is limited in what it can do.
    Yes wp is missing things but as you look from the perspective of Microsoft and what now is there biggest part of there phone, than is it logic that there is missing support for some things. There calendar is just bad and no excuse but no support for usb on the go is not the main thing.

I also think because of the aim on the low end marked and that there main marked is not the EU and US makes that it is missing a lot of things that are there for Android and ios that are focused on the high-end marked.
    I hope that WP 10 will change this and makes that Microsoft will aim also on the high-end marked and ads a lot of support and improve there support for items like smawtwatches.

For me a mid range phone is good enough because I don't need all those functions like an un save fingerprint things. I have a super camera on my Lumia that replaced my camera.

Don't see it wrong, I agree that in many things wp is behind and that it must still do a lot to close the gap. I understand you and for some people there are things they need and are not there on the wp platform. Android and ios are further on that.
    Lets hope that they close the gap with wp 10.
    k12000lt and prasath1234 like this.
    01-06-2015 02:49 PM
    and

A real high-end phone is there not for wp. Yes they have great spec's but not comparable with the iPhone and Samsung phones. Also no finger print reader to unlock your phone.
    I dont agree with you about windows phone doesnt have high end phones. Both L1520 and 930 are high end, even though they are not top of the line in hardware niche they are still doing their work good, and since windows doesnt need octa core and quazilion gigs of ram to work normal, you can call them freely high end phones.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    01-07-2015 07:37 AM
5,463 ... 3233343536 ...