04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    If I switch my OS, I'm also switching a lot of services. Like OneDrive, email and anything else related. It's a big move.
    02-08-2016 12:26 PM
    If I switch my OS, I'm also switching a lot of services. Like OneDrive, email and anything else related. It's a big move.
    why not just keep using oneDrive? It works great on Android. As do most other Microsoft services.
    Last edited by psurob55; 02-08-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    02-08-2016 01:28 PM
    When my 928 power button took a dive and my contract was almost up I made the switch to Android. Picked up a Nexus 6P and so far I could not be happier. Like some other has stated, it is good to finally have APP's which are written for everyday accessories. Plus now that I have a phone that is not locked to a particular provider ( ATT) I get updated much quicker. I did like the WP interface on both my 920 and 928, plus I liked the wireless charging. The new USB-C is really nice on the Nexus 6P, fast charging is a plus. If or when this phone craps out I may give WP another look, it all depends if there are good APP's written for consumer accessories.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-08-2016 04:24 PM
    I am happy with my 1520 and still do Not see anything to replace it with . I will wait another 6 months . The lack of Apps will eventually force every one to go with Android . Every new technology coming to market has Apps for Android and IOS . Even Tim Cook said Apple will offer Apps for Android . MS has to do something to turn the table and believe they will . Otherwise why would they spend millions on Maps to improve on it . Also Google has started to offer auto update OTA with its new phones which is a huge deal so when I switch that is what I will get and NO Samsung which takes forever to put updates through .
    So let's see MS will do
    02-09-2016 10:41 AM
    I was one of the lucky few to be given a 950 and display dock by Microsoft, i have tested 10 mobile for a long time but alas no more. It's not good enough and they are not trying hard enough, so I sold it, bought an Amazon fire phone, rooted it and installed slimkat 4.4 and I don't think I will need another phone this year, brilliant hardware and software for 60. Just a real shame, gave Microsoft all the chances and they did not come through.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    02-09-2016 12:43 PM
    I was one of the lucky few to be given a 950 and display dock by Microsoft, i have tested 10 mobile for a long time but alas no more. It's not good enough and they are not trying hard enough, so I sold it, bought an Amazon fire phone, rooted it and installed slimkat 4.4 and I don't think I will need another phone this year, brilliant hardware and software for 60. Just a real shame, gave Microsoft all the chances and they did not come through.

You are an ambitious one to do all of that. At least you got to try before buying with the 950.
    02-09-2016 03:15 PM
    So I stupidly dropped my Nokia lumia 830 in my washing bowl as it was early morning and I was getting the kids ready for breakfast. Two hours later wonder where my phone is retrace my steps yes found in my washing bowl along with various other dishes and cups lol I enjoyed my experience with windows phone not having to worry what go on it only have stock keyboard I can't back it up and root lol I couldn't flash it with a new rom it was just a phone that was perfect but it did lack in app I now for a android phone but seem to have downloaded nearly every Microsoft app on the play store just so I can be but close to windows phone experience but I am missing something where is the cortana app on android I can't find it lol

02-09-2016 04:57 PM
    So I stupidly dropped my Nokia lumia 830 in my washing bowl as it was early morning and I was getting the kids ready for breakfast. Two hours later wonder where my phone is retrace my steps yes found in my washing bowl along with various other dishes and cups lol I enjoyed my experience with windows phone not having to worry what go on it only have stock keyboard I can't back it up and root lol I couldn't flash it with a new rom it was just a phone that was perfect but it did lack in app I now for a android phone but seem to have downloaded nearly every Microsoft app on the play store just so I can be but close to windows phone experience but I am missing something where is the cortana app on android I can't find it lol

You can try searching for Bing, and Cortana will be a suggested app.
    groady-ho baluzy likes this.
    02-09-2016 09:08 PM
    glad i found this thread! my first smartphone ever was a 520, I liked it so much I bought a 1020 from att--now i am with Verizon I have a icon and 735, love them a lot- I know no other platforms, I have played with my families iphones and despise them, they are horrid- like a lot of others I am torn, it sucks not having banking apps and such. using ie is pia --been thinking of buying a nexus 6p but tbh I pretty freaked out about leaving, I only have ever had a windows phone--never in my life would I have ever thought a cell phone would mean so much to me but It keeps in touch with family easily, keeps me organized, I never miss an appt. or mess up my bank accts. or lose work stuff--I cant justify buying a lumia 950 and still not have the apps I need and want--so confused!
    02-10-2016 09:28 AM

And im guessing you really miss one thing!!! "LIVE TILES" No widget can replace them.
    02-10-2016 09:49 AM
    I know I will miss those live tiles!
    02-10-2016 10:03 AM
    Started using wp in 2012. First one was the 510.I will not leave w10m until it's dead or somethin(which not happen anytime soon). Coz of that futuristic look and feel of the ui and live tiles.
    02-10-2016 10:40 AM
    glad i found this thread! my first smartphone ever was a 520, I liked it so much I bought a 1020 from att--now i am with Verizon I have a icon and 735, love them a lot- I know no other platforms, I have played with my families iphones and despise them, they are horrid- like a lot of others I am torn, it sucks not having banking apps and such. using ie is pia --been thinking of buying a nexus 6p but tbh I pretty freaked out about leaving, I only have ever had a windows phone--never in my life would I have ever thought a cell phone would mean so much to me but It keeps in touch with family easily, keeps me organized, I never miss an appt. or mess up my bank accts. or lose work stuff--I cant justify buying a lumia 950 and still not have the apps I need and want--so confused!
    Weigh everything. Also right now, the nexus 6p has a nice promo going on.

02-10-2016 12:29 PM
    After 3 years with WP I jumped over to IOS and the difference is night and day. The final straw as an insider fast ring was the constant crash/reload of browser, some apps, the lagging performance, and the hotspot issue that never got fixed over the last four or five updates.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-11-2016 11:07 AM
    After 3 years with WP I jumped over to IOS and the difference is night and day. The final straw as an insider fast ring was the constant crash/reload of browser, some apps, the lagging performance, and the hotspot issue that never got fixed over the last four or five updates.
    Wow. Yeah, I see this in apps myself, including one that I use everyday. As I told my brother, it's hard to want to go back to eating the crust (since it's all you got), when you have a choice to eat a whole slice.
    02-11-2016 11:47 AM
    I decided to pick up the 6p and see how it goes. You might see my icon and 735 on Craigslist next week! Ahahaha..Not! They will make fine 2nd stringers
    libra89 likes this.
    02-11-2016 01:01 PM
    I decided to pick up the 6p and see how it goes. You might see my icon and 735 on Craigslist next week! Ahahaha..Not! They will make fine 2nd stringers
    I hear a lot of great things about the 6p, good choice.
    02-11-2016 01:31 PM
    iPhone 6p?
    02-11-2016 01:32 PM
    iPhone 6p?
    Nope, Nexus 6p.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-11-2016 02:00 PM
    Nope, Nexus 6p.
    Yep, good choice
    libra89 likes this.
    02-11-2016 02:26 PM
    Thanks guys! First phone other than a windows I've ever had! Excited to compare my icon to it-
    libra89 likes this.
    02-11-2016 05:03 PM
    Went from an 8x to a 735 recently so figure I have a year or two before having to make the decision of staying or going. I would like to stay as the OS does pretty much everything I need and I like the way it works (and some thing even better when I had an 8.0 phone), but MS just doesn't seem to want me to stay.
    After my 8x, which I would have had to replace anyways because they're not releasing W10m for it, even though it's about as good as the 735, I would be hard pressed to go third party again... at least MS is trying to release W10m for as many W8/8.1 phones as possible.
    Unfortunately it's looking like there isn't going to be an MS phone for me to go to on Verizon. If that holds true when it comes time to replace the 735, I'll be looking at an iOS or Android phone. I guess the good thing is that by then the other os' might have live tiles and any MS software I want to take with me will be available as well.
    02-12-2016 08:08 AM
    Finally gave in to despair. I've been dealing with random reboots, crashes, and app freezes over the last few months. Having to charge the phone multiple times per day, usually twice. I traded my 950 in for an iPhone 6s today. After moderate use today I'm just now slightly below 50%. I'd be at around 30 or less on my 950. I like the screen and hardware but I'm not going to keep paying to beta test the os anymore.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-13-2016 09:43 PM
    Finally gave in to despair. I've been dealing with random reboots, crashes, and app freezes over the last few months. Having to charge the phone multiple times per day, usually twice. I traded my 950 in for an iPhone 6s today. After moderate use today I'm just now slightly below 50%. I'd be at around 30 or less on my 950. I like the screen and hardware but I'm not going to keep paying to beta test the os anymore.
    We jumped over to the iPhone 6 a couple weeks ago after experiencing the same issues. I like what MS is attempting with features that IOS lacks but it is just too problematic. The last straw for me was the ongoing hotspot issues.
    02-16-2016 07:44 AM
    The 6p arrived a few days ago.first android and its a bit confusing. Some apps can be deleted others disabled. Some widgets are ugly as heck and don't update very well, good thing there's many to choose from. Settings are a bit messy, all over the place really.

what's the purpose of having 3 home screens? Also, square icons are ugly, it looks kinda outdated really. But the phone is fast, smooth, gorgeous display and the stereo speakers are pretty nice to have, it enhances videos and games for sure. Overall I have not decided whether to keep it or send back. I do see what people mean by app gap though. Banking is much easier and so is using social media. Google play is huge but looks like alot of duplicate apps. Google was big help setting it up. A tech took me through the process. That said, as of now I still like WP better, so far.
    Last edited by groady-ho baluzy; 02-18-2016 at 09:59 AM.
    libra89 and mrpuny like this.
    02-18-2016 08:00 AM
5,481 ... 5253545556 ...