The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
04-02-2018 10:30 AM
5,481 ... 8081828384 ...
tools
    Android sucks unless you have super high end hardware. A 640 xl may be slightly slower than a 1520 yet it doesn't feel horrible.

os wise I don't see a benefit over windows, and the only true reason is apps. I am not going to switch os I like just for trendy apps but some might.

If you do decide to switch,go iOS. Much better than lagdroid and hardware is supported for longer and universal support.

Of course I hope you also continue to give windows a shot :)
    Everyone will have their view of what's trendy, but on the practical side, Windows is currently missing the Suntrust banking app (among other financial institutions, though Bank of America is coming back) and Hirevue, which some companies use to conduct remote interviews.
    04-09-2016 12:25 AM
    I'm currently using the Outlook app and my contacts have synced to the phone. You have to turn the sync contacts option on as it's off by default.

I tried setting up both the Email app (Samsung) and Gmail apps to sync with my Outlook.com account and after hours of trying I gave up. I actually think the Outlook app has the best support for the various email configurations as it presents you with all the options for Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Exchange etc and was a breeze to get working with my 2 gmail accounts, personal Outlook account and work Exchange account.
    I only use Outlook e-mail and calendar. All my contacts are already on google (since before I switched to Windows phone - it was easy enough getting Google contacts to WP and W10 and W10M so I never bothered changing). I tried stuff on bluestacks. I got mail to sync, but neither Google Calendar nor the Outlook app was showing events from my Microsoft account calendars. I had to download Sunrise, but apparently MS is shutting Sunrise down, so I don't know.
    04-09-2016 12:26 AM
    I am switching to platform from Windows 10 mobile to Windows 10 PC.
    Cool! There's a PC version of Windows 10?!
    04-09-2016 12:33 AM
    Everyone will have their view of what's trendy, but on the practical side, Windows is currently missing the Suntrust banking app (among other financial institutions, though Bank of America is coming back) and Hirevue, which some companies use to conduct remote interviews.
    Oh I can understand actual bank apps and stuff like that. I meant things like stupid apps like snapchat or in My friends case, clash of clans.
    anon(9668900) likes this.
    04-09-2016 02:42 AM
    Oh I can understand actual bank apps and stuff like that. I meant things like stupid apps like snapchat or in My friends case, clash of clans.

Over 7 billion people in the world, what's stupid to you wont be to others.....
    04-09-2016 04:36 AM
    My 950 running Win 10 Fast RIng/Slow Ring or No Ring was worse than my old 1520 running same. "Hey Cortana" was followed by long pauses and a Cortana crash. Dictating text messages via Bluetooth headset (long a WIndows Phone strong suit) simply no-longer was possible. The phone froze every time I would save an edit from Creative Studio and, after one of the Preview Releases, Gadgets stopped working. All this despite multiple hard resets (though I never opened the recovery tool and did the full revert to stock).

Needless to say, I had just about had it with Win 10 Mob. I mean, Windows Mobile, circa 2007 was better. Hell EPOC on my Sony Ericcson in 2006 was far better.

Then, leaving it in the wrong jacket pocket, I closed it in the door of a Corvette (I sell them) and had to replace it (thanks for honoring my solid, 15 years of loyalty AT&T by waiving the deductible).

My new 950? Well, when I say "Hey Cortana" she opens up faster than she does on my Surface Pro (MS, you need to figure out how to have only one listen when they are together).

So I am seriously suspecting that my bad Windows 10 Mobile Fast/Slow/No Ring experience was not due to Windows 10 for Mobile, but due to a defective Lumia 950.

The weeks ahead will tell...
    04-09-2016 06:14 AM
    Moto X Pure has seduced me ... it's sitting in my cart waiting for checkout ... haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    04-09-2016 07:22 AM
    Just go for it, stop torturing yourself self. I have no regrets switching to a GS7, none.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    CartoonG1rl likes this.
    04-09-2016 08:07 AM
    Thanks for your reply. you gave me some interesting thoughts. I think I would've really missed the tiles on iphone also I think I would bennefit a lot from Continuum eapecially if they continue to update it. Maybe I will try to get used iphone for a month but currently I am leaning towards a 950 and hoping to get a mozo case.

I'm considering rocking an old 5s just to be more familiar with the os. My Lumia is my daily driver but for when I am just sitting in bed, I can use the iPhone as a glorified iPod touch lol
    04-09-2016 10:03 AM
    Haven't made the decision to jump...but I figured out what is PAINSTAKINGLY missing from my Windows 10 Mobile experience: Fluidity! I am on a 1520 and did all of the builds. After the 14295...my phone has YET to behave like the first iteration of 10586.164. My phone crashed, I have soft/hard reset many times...all to see my phone freeze for no reason, live tiles just- not respond, some tiles used to work; don't work anymore and, worse yet, my MSFTBand 2 sporadically communicate with the phone. I am enduring SO much...that I wonder if I just let it go, too. I am a die hard Windows Platform fanboy...but when your system can hold you up longer than dial up internet back in the 90's...it's just disheartening. I wanted a 950XL, but NOTHING I read supports shelling out $700??!! I keep hoping by later this year...it will fix itself out...but you gotta wonder about a platform that has taken almost a year to fix, is TECHNICALLY not available for any phone older than September 2016, and even on its flagship phones is iffy.

Like I said...I would just love FLUIDITY. Especially, if the argument is you are a Software company...well, fix your software!
    Vyenkatesh likes this.
    04-09-2016 10:55 AM
    since nothing I want to access is available on windows phone I'm gone. I have a new z5 dual on order now, I can use home automation of my choice, wearable of my choice, I can use square to get paid for work, I can listen to Sirius xm while away from my car, the list goes on and on. I can pay for stuff via royal banks app, deposit check in my bank without going to the bank, etc. NotHING of these can be done using windows phone. The apps are so far behind, its laughable. If there was app parity, I would be getting the 950xl, but its far from on par. even the app that are on windows phone are not near as good as the android counterpart.

paypal, another app that's left in the dust. I downloaded paypal here and it does not work either. NO WAY to use here payments. Its BAD. I used to be a big supporter of windows phone. However over time, that love is gone, replaced by disappointment. Nothing that windows phone has is better than the other guys. MS is letting the WP userbase rot. they don't care if it survives. Read between the lines people. They say they are commited to the 4-7" screen size. NO where do they say windows phone. JUST, the size of devices. MEANING, android and IOS apps.
    sinisfree likes this.
    04-09-2016 12:21 PM
    I'm not leaving windows. I prefer it. However, I really like iOS also. Just haven't messed around with android at all and I just want to experience it for personal enjoyment -- or pain lol ... learn something new. I may or may not like it but won't know unless I just try it .... so----trigger has been pulled and will receive it tomorrow.
    Was a Windows Phone user since the HTC Trophy ending with an ICON. Switched to a GS7 & honestly all the talk about lag, & slowness, etc is based on what was read about Android a few years ago. I've used newer(3 years old & newer) mid range devices on & off that my brother in law had and everything ran fine. I prefer Windows 10 Mobile but not to my detriment I mean theses are devices not my damn identity.... To be perfectly honest I now know why 98.6% of the population DOES NOT choose WM. I could give a RIP about either company as I have no personal stake in either. All I want is a device that does & runs what I want. WM does not do that & hasn't for some time. Android does but I was drinking the WM Kool-aid convincing myself that Android is bad, it sucks, lagdroid, Lumia's have better cameras & better integrated Windows experience, WM has quality apps the # doesn't matter, who needs 2K fart apps, blah blah blah.... Well most MS apps on Android are better than their WM counterparts with integration getting better on a monthly basis & I can replicate the tile interface & dark theme I loved about WM plus use my bank, work, autodesk design, child's school, local & regional apps now. For now Android suits my needs & wants, maybe in the future WM will.

To be honest people need to stop talking like their identity is tied to the freakin phone or OS they use or like they have a real personal stake in the success or failure in ANY technology or product from any company. Remove your emotion & make a decision based on quantifiable needs & wants. Use the devices for it's intended purpose & live your life. Oh & if you happen to leave your house & forget your phone, guess what? Your life won't end, time won't stop, you'll be okay & make it through the day..... just sayin.

Old ICON start Screen:

wp_ss_20160320_0001.jpg

New GS7 home screen:

screenshot_20160409-123032.jpg

screenshot_20160409-123044.jpg
    Last edited by Robinsonmac; 04-09-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    mark233, libra89, ClixT and 9 others like this.
    04-09-2016 01:36 PM
    I am sorry but NO where did they say we are commited to windows mobile, they specifically Both Myerson and Nadella said we are committed to the 4-7" screen size. They never once said, "we are commited to windows mobile/Phone/windows 10 mobile, whatever they are calling it now. They only Said, we are commited to the small screen size. I.E. apps for android and IOS. I highly doubt that continuum will take off. The windows phone as we know it is now going the way of blackberry. Convert to android or DIE. That's what is going to happen. Continuum will be a flash in the pan. They are not going to develop for a few thousand business people. Everyone else at that point will have jumped ship. The thing with continuum is it's about 10 years late, Cloud computing is doing what essentially continuum does. Think about it before going all MS fanboy on me. 1. You need the phone to do it. OK. YOu also need a separate monitor, keyboard and mouse for it to essentially work. Why would you not just buy a computer to leave at your desk. They are talking about having a continuum laptop dock, why not just have a much better laptop and use cloud? same with tablets. Why dock your phone in a tablet that you still need? Does not make sense. If there was no cloud services, then yeah, It would be the bee's knees, but right now, I can access all my files just like you would do on continuum, with all my devices, and my wifes devices as well. So its actually a better solution than continuum as we share files, photos etc, between 2 phones, 2 surface tablets, a laptop and other stuff.

I agree. Even in developing/emerging markets why buy the dock, keyboard & monitor when you can just buy a low end laptop or desktop for the same price or less. Unless they somehow come up with a way to dock the phone completely inside a laptop clam shell that sells for $100 or less or comes with the phone. Or enable a way to connect to a TV without a dock. That would be innovative & worth it.
    Last edited by Robinsonmac; 04-09-2016 at 03:03 PM.
    Steve Adams likes this.
    04-09-2016 02:05 PM
    Was a Windows Phone user since the HTC Trophy ending with an ICON. Switched to a GS7 & honestly all the talk about lag, & slowness, etc is based on what was read about Android a few years ago. I've used newer(3 years old & newer) mid range devices on & off that my brother in law had and everything ran fine. I prefer Windows 10 Mobile but not to my detriment I mean theses are devices not my damn identity.... To be perfectly honest I now know why 98.6% of the population DOES NOT choose WM. I could give a RIP about either company as I have no personal stake in either. All I want is a device that does & runs what I want. WM does not do that & hasn't for some time. Android does but I was drinking the WM Kool-aid convincing myself that Android is bad, it sucks, lagdroid, Lumia's have better cameras & better integrated Windows experience, WM has quality apps the # doesn't matter, who needs 2K fart apps, blah blah blah.... Well most MS apps on Android are better than their WM counterparts with integration getting better on a monthly basis & I can replicate the tile interface & dark theme I loved about WM plus use my bank, work, autodesk design, child's school, local & regional apps now. For now Android suits my needs & wants, maybe in the future WM will.

To be honest people need to stop talking like their identity is tied to the freakin phone or OS they use or like they have a real personal stake in the success or failure in ANY technology or product from any company. Remove your emotion & make a decision based on quantifiable needs & wants. Use the devices for it's intended purpose & live your life. Oh & if you happen to leave your house & forget your phone, guess what? Your life won't end, time won't stop, you'll be okay & make it through the day..... just sayin.

Old ICON start Screen:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160320_0001.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	124927

New GS7 home screen:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160409-123032.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	124930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160409-123044.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	124931
    I totally agree with you, but that GS7 screen though... Information overload! But hey if you like it, then don't mind me lol. :)
    CartoonG1rl likes this.
    04-09-2016 03:07 PM
    I totally agree with you, but that GS7 screen though... Information overload! But hey if you like it, then don't mind me lol. :)
    It's 2 pics of the same screen. the only tiles that have info are email, weather, windows central & Android central. the match line is the clock/weather tile. The ICON start screen has a section below it as well as you can see the tiles are cut off... It works for me and that's the only thing that matters
    Last edited by Robinsonmac; 04-09-2016 at 10:03 PM.
    04-09-2016 03:27 PM
    Just ordered Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro. Might continue using my 1020 as a camera tho.
    Guytronic, Varun Rajan and broar94 like this.
    04-09-2016 04:37 PM
    I agree. Even in developing/emerging markets why buy the dock, keyboard & monitor when you can just buy a low end laptop or desktop for the same price or less. Unless they somehow come up with a way to dock the phone completely inside a laptop clam shell that sells for $100 or less or comes with the phone. Or enable a way to connect to a TV without a dock. That would be innovative & worth it.
    Exactly,

The only and I mean ONLY thing I could see continuum working for is enterprise where people travel between offices, You could have offices setup and just dock your phone. Other than that continuum is smoke and mirrors.
    Maidere, Guytronic and sinisfree like this.
    04-09-2016 05:57 PM
    I moved from android on mid 2013 to a Lumia 720 then on December 2014 to a 925.2 and now I have an HTC one m8 for windows on the way.
    I was a little thoughtful about getting a WP this time because of the w10 issues I experienced with the Lumia 925 but I decided to give it one last chance
    Im not sure htv m8 is officially supported for windows 10 update. You should better check or revise your option.
    04-09-2016 10:23 PM
    Android sucks unless you have super high end hardware. A 640 xl may be slightly slower than a 1520 yet it doesn't feel horrible.

os wise I don't see a benefit over windows, and the only true reason is apps. I am not going to switch os I like just for trendy apps but some might.

If you do decide to switch,go iOS. Much better than lagdroid and hardware is supported for longer and universal support.

Of course I hope you also continue to give windows a shot :)
    Well android experience surely varies with the device usage but i think nowadays its far better. And support for hardware. I used a lumia 920 and that update thingy is most applicable in the case of windows mobile. Say for eg: every 2 year android phone has still access to the same app store. Its ok to take side in the OS but please do it the right way.
    04-09-2016 10:27 PM
    Im really on the edge about getting android phone. How's Msft apps in android? :P I have been using Lumia 520 over 2 years, currently running W10M and Im really getting sick all these freezing bugs.... Why to wait W10M get better? Why not just get android instead? How I know if I get hit by truck tomorrow and then I will not get to use W10M when its ready, what Im saying is I want to live in a moment, not just wait for the future. So android is it... Maybe?
    first of all,you have lowest end phone this platform could have and your phone doesn't even have win 10.
    i did the same thing.when i saw buggy win 10 insider i went for z2 and after that one m8. but after 4 months i got back to windows 10. the os is perfect now. it has some bugs sometimes but i love it.under 300$ android phones are jockes. above it are great phones but has nothing to make you stay. you have tones of apps to install, but just 5 6 apps you actually use. and nobody even cares you have it. with lumia everyone wants to see what you have.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    04-10-2016 02:40 AM
    Well said. Continum is just a hype. Practically it's totally useless. The way I see it, is just extended homescreen with keyboard and mouse attached to a phone, via dock. What I do not understand is, whats so special about it? Even my old n8 could do it without any fancy dock. It had miniHDMI to connect to a screen and bluetooth/OTG to connect a mouse/keyboard. What difference its gona make? Will it make it fast? Can I install desktop app? No. It will still be the same phone with same store apps, same function etc. I guess even android may be able to do it (cast screen for tv and OTG for mouse) without any dock. But hows its gona be like a PC? Can DVD/BD drive be attached to it? Can USB stick be attached to it? No. Then how it compares with a computer? Its just screen mirroring with ability to connect input device thats all. Correct me if I am wrong. I will be most happy.
    04-10-2016 02:42 AM
    Well said. Continum is just a hype. Practically it's totally useless. The way I see it, is just extended homescreen with keyboard and mouse attached to a phone, via dock. What I do not understand is, whats so special about it? Even my old n8 could do it without any fancy dock. It had miniHDMI to connect to a screen and bluetooth/OTG to connect a mouse/keyboard. What difference its gona make? Will it make it fast? Can I install desktop app? No. It will still be the same phone with same store apps, same function etc. I guess even android may be able to do it (cast screen for tv and OTG for mouse) without any dock. But hows its gona be like a PC? Can DVD/BD drive be attached to it? Can USB stick be attached to it? No. Then how it compares with a computer? Its just screen mirroring with ability to connect input device thats all. Correct me if I am wrong. I will be most happy.
    I know they are working on the universal app platform and just released the development app to convert win 32 apps into Win 10 store apps. Their goal is to have all apps be UWP and. Which can be targeted to run on any device running Win 10. Which will be cool when they have a phone that can dock with a TV or in a laptop clam she'll & the phone serves as the PC and the screen as the track pad that can run all the legacy win 32 apps and new store apps

04-10-2016 03:13 AM
    From the apps I used, MS apps on android work better than the versions on W10.
    04-10-2016 05:15 AM
    Background:
    - I'm using WP10 on a Nokia 1520, and have been since the developer preview. I also have a Nokia 2520.
    - This has been a growing urge now for about a year or so, and started before WP10 came out.
    - I've been loyal to the brand for almost a decade now: Phrozt mobiles showcase on Mowned
    - I work as a developer/partner on a MS product, and I have been programming .Net for over 10 years now (my entire professional career).
    - I've practically been a salesperson for the windows platform all my life.
    - I upgraded from win7 to win10 about half a year ago.
    - I would literally have to learn a new OS, because I've never owned an Android phone (never going to apple).
    - I'm 32 (if any time references come up).

This is going to be a long rant post, but there are several reasons for this. I'm a fiercely loyal person, and I like to stick with people/companies for a long time, once that loyalty is awarded. If you look at my phone history, you'll see that I made it all the way from the windows mobile days, and those were some trying times! Because of this, it takes a lot more than a few issues to send me packing, and I'm usually willing to work through those issues or simply do without. Hell, I even buy into company kool aid for the most part, and don't mind them leading me down the path of madness with a carrot on a stick. That being said, I feel like there are too many issues building up, and the carrot is looking less and less appealing. I'm writing this because the carrot honestly doesn't look worth it anymore, and I don't know if that's just me, or if I'm missing something that you all can fill me in on. Maybe some of my current issues w/the phone are my own fault and you guys can help me out. Ok, enough intro, onto the issues!

Phone Offerings:
    1) For the first time in 8 years, I have not upgraded every 2 years. You'll notice from my mowned history, I upgrade phones every 2 years on contract. (200)7 + 8 = 15. We're now in (20)16. That's because there is nothing to upgrade to. I bought the flagship (1520) on its release day, which immediately eliminates any "budget" phones, and the new "flagships" are not appealing to me at all. There is no 6" option, and nothing about the 950 line excites me at all. This is, of course, at a time when Android continues to have a PLETHORA of options in all different types of configurations in my specified size.

2) The surface got pushed back (again). I'm dealing with multiple issues on a daily basis with my 1520, and the oasis that might bring some refreshment just got pushed back to another hill in the distance. Even then, I'm having a hard time fooling myself into believing they're going to have a 6" option, or even something competitive to what Android will have at that point.

3) ATT and I have had many issues over the years, but I've been shackled to them forever, because they were the only carrier to offer windows phones that I could get at great prices. I bought my Tilt2 cheap. I bought my Titan for 1 penny. I bought my 1520 and 2520 (plus keyboard) *on release day* BOTH for $226 including tax. I've been able to put some masterful deals together on AT&T, so despite being behind the times in billing offerings, and coverage, and all other issues I've had, I've been able to get the phone system I want at awesome prices for years. With nothing to really offer, and this silly monthly payment thing... perhaps I can finally move on from ATT as well.

The OS:As I stated in my background, I've pretty much been a salesman of WP since I started using it as windows mobile. You give me a point on Android, and I'll counter it w/a better point on WP! Well, all my talking points are up, and it's not because Android got better, it's because MS killed the advantages themselves. Et tu, Brute?

1) I literally deal with app freezes and the phone itself locking up/crashing multiple times on a daily basis. It has probably been months since I've gone a day w/out having to restart my phone. The stability of my awesome 1520 went completely out the window with WP10. This was one of the top points I could tout over Androids.

2) Interconnectivity is pretty much a wash now. One of the coolest things I could do on my Titan was load all of my social accounts in one spot and have all of them consolidated and accessible from pretty much any social app that accessed those accounts. One of the best ideas I've ever seen! Well, slowly, fewer apps started recognizing these accounts, and now w/win10, even the contacts list doesn't take all of them into account. This, along with issues like not being able to link/separate emails onto different tiles (I would have work email on one tile, then both my gmails one other tile) are a clear step back.

3) Still lack of apps, and losing essential apps. NO HERE DRIVE for WP10???!?@!??@!?@ Are you freaking kidding me!?!??!?? Look.. I'm not a multifilter instagram/periscope/every social app ever type of diva, nor do I play a lot of games, nor do I need 20 different review apps... but when I'm forced to go back 3-4 years in basic navigation technology.... what in the literal !@(*?? As part of my sales pitch, I was throwing around the, "yeah, who cares if they don't have all the apps.. they have the main ones, and that's all that matters. And the maps are WAY better!" Well.. now they don't. Of course, perhaps this is because MS dropped support of Silverlight (see my rant on MS as a company not having it's act together below).... which is probably one of the biggest red flags to me in terms of the phone OS's longevity. Yes, I realize there are still ways to develop for WP, but when the basis of that language's support is dropped... that's a HUGE red flag.

4) Exclusivity is gone. Again, one of my sales points was the exclusivity of some apps. We have so few, compared to other platforms, but there were some knockout punches there. The full suite of office apps for free is pretty nice, but that's about it, and most of those can be replicated in a browser. Xbox glass, not exclusive. One drive, not exclusive. Nokia drive, nonexistent! Is there anything even worth mentioning that is exclusive to WP anymore?

5) The Edge browser is a massive disappointment. Can't swipe to go back. Bug where sometimes links aren't clickable, less responsive... so many issues with it compared to IE. I've been having to go back to old browsing apps, simply because of WP10's NEW browsing app. That's a step backward.

6) WP10 itself seems like a step backward. More resources used, less stability (as mentioned earlier), apps take longer to load, some apps aren't even compatible anymore, wifi gives up and forces me to restart, so many more things force me to restart now.... and for what I use it for, it offers NO real advantages, other than a few display gimmicks that look neat... which you should probably turn off if you want your phone to run better.....

Company aspects:
    1) I HATE HATE HATE what they did to Nokia. They bought an iconic company and promised to keep it's integrity. Now, a mere 2 years after the acquisition, less than 20% of Nokia staff retained their jobs, the Nokia brand is completely gone, and even the Nokia phone line (Lumia) has been glossed over with MS's brand (surface). Worst of all, MS blames all of their poor numbers on the purchase/Nokia itself. I've been supporting MS for a long time, but this is probably one of the most disgusting things I've seen the company do, and it involves this very topic.

2) Windows 10 itself seems to be going through a lot of the same woes that WP10 is as well. More restrictions, less stability, more hoops to jump through, and it truly seems as though their product lines are completely different companies that simply do not speak to each other - from the OS, to xbox, to development tools, to MS products for the OS... some of the things I've had to go through to get MS products working on an MS platform truly seem like the trials I had to go through to get warez multiplayer games working back when I was a kid. Heck, my Win10 upgrade didn't even recognize my phone the first time I plugged it in.... what the heck? Now, there's no way in hell I'm going to the apple platform, but I'm trying to illustrate that I feel Windows 10 overall is several steps backwards, much like WP10.

Yes, this was a long, ranty post, and part of it was definitely some much needed catharsicism. Another part is because I sincerely hope that I'm missing something and/or am uneducated on how to fix my woes, and that someone can help. I've been a fiercely defensive WP fanboy for quite a long time now, tossing my hand up to any and all Androids because of the clear superiority of WP, but I honestly do not feel I can even remotely argue the case anymore. I am literally filled with sadness, looking at my favorite phone, knowing that it is now crap, and it wasn't even because the competition got better, it's because the company that created it crippled it, and offers no foreseeable path of redemption. In all likelihood, I'll probably hold out for another frickin year so I can be disappointed by what the new surface phones will have to offer, but on the other hand, I'm looking more and more at what is available on android...
    jeff92k7 and sd4f like this.
    04-10-2016 06:42 AM
    Continuum is the reason I made my 950 xl purchase...and the reason that I took it back.I also saw mention of Autodesk software earlier in this thread. While CAD appears on W10m I had honestly expected it to work through Continuum; at the point of my phones return it did not. A second frustration I experienced was how poorly Autodesk software ran on W10m, especially compared to how it ran in iOS 8.x on my 5s.

When I used (and became frustrated with) Continuum, I employed a bluetooth mouse and keyboard tethered through my phone which freed up the USB ports on the dock. Now, if MS provides better software furnishings for the phone, drivers in W10m to start, an external storage device could be used through the dock in tandem with the phone. This is all pointless however. Unless you have the dock already installed with keyboard and mouse at that location or locations, how does this make anything any more convenient? It's redundant. A PC would serve better for this and a laptop even more so (which is what I went back to). If one would resort to toting about a keyboard, mouse, external storage, the dock, the cables, and go through setting it up each time prior to use....I'd tell them to go get the laptop.

So far in my personal WP experiences I've seen only a few things that would keep me on board, but knowing that the mobile platform isn't Microsofts focus this year and that they don't have a set plan for when it will be, I have left. There is most certainly potential! The ability to fine tune IPN settings, SIM setup, the UI is nice (minus the differences between MS menus like Cortana (settings in the hamburger menu, under notebook) and Edge (settings in the ... menu)), I could see myself coming back. But until they address the lack of standardization across the device in general and the lack of software support, I will be elsewhere.
    04-10-2016 08:07 AM
5,481 ... 8081828384 ...