Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just wish there were more people, who would voice their happy thoughts on our WP8 devices. I'm very happy with my L920 and I go to wpcentral, to read about positive WP8 stuff. There sure isn't much of that going around elsewhere. IPhone this and android that...
There is a thread entitled "Happy Lumia 920 and WP8 users club" on the site somewhere. It's not all gloom and doom. Lots of folks, myself included, are loving their phones!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: An honest Lumia 920 review: Why I'm returning to an iPhone 5

Hmm, I disagree. I think if you post an honest concern here people will listen earnestly. But if you have already made up your mind and are simply posting your parting opinion on why WP isn't as good as [insert favorite device here] then please just leave. I don't think I saw any revelations in Jolly's post, it was just his opinion on why WP8 wasn't for him.

And I think most of the people here readily acknowledge that WP8 and the phones have issues and we use this forum to share those concerns. In fact, many of the seasoned posters here are the ones asking for fixes. You just need to read the posts. Perhaps we do it in different ways however, as this point no one has called me a troll yet or bashed on me (not that I'm a seasoned poster). Additionally, I have sent two message explaining my concerns to Nokia on Drive and battery life (well resolved with tips I got from this forum). Many times the option to send feedback is right in the app.

So yes, raising concerns or asking for improvements is fine. Coming here to deliver some personal spiel when you have already made up your mind is simply a waste of your time and ours; especially when many of us know WP8 has issues, yet we still find it superior to iOS and Android with their issues.

And that is a very fine point you make there. Obviously, I read it and read "Ok, well he's seen these flaws and wants WP8 to improve". So perhaps it was ME that misinterpreted the OP. I'll be the first to admit, I misinterpret like 5'000'000 different things each and every day without fail! I guess you could call me socially ******ed, but let's not get into that. The fact was I thought he was highlighting concerns and that was why I defended his post. Perhaps, in hindsight, I shouldn't have done, but what's done is done.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

And that is a very fine point you make there. Obviously, I read it and read "Ok, well he's seen these flaws and wants WP8 to improve". So perhaps it was ME that misinterpreted the OP. I'll be the first to admit, I misinterpret like 5'000'000 different things each and every day without fail! I guess you could call me socially ******ed, but let's not get into that. The fact was I thought he was highlighting concerns and that was why I defended his post. Perhaps, in hindsight, I shouldn't have done, but what's done is done.

Ha Paladin, no problem, it's all good. I didn't think your post was bad at all, I just thought I would explain why I may be coming as overly defensive of WP8.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
And your response is that of the archetypal ******. Congratulations! People like you, with responses like this, do more damage to potential adopters than any negative reviews.

Yeah, I criticize someone who is criticizing, and it automatically makes me a ******. Right.

I do not go to iMore or other iPhone forums and knock their product. I have an iPhone 4S and think it's great. It doesn't make me a ******.

I also have a Lumia 920 and think it's great. It doesn't make me a ******.

jollydogg

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

I never said no one could question my opinion. You are acting like I have advice to specifically persuade people away, which is clearly false. Think of my post as an opinion piece and nothing more. If you don't like it, that's fine, but there's no need to mock me and try to toss around unneeded insults.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I never said no one could question my opinion. You are acting like I have advice to specifically persuade people away, which is clearly false. Think of my post as an opinion piece and nothing more. If you don't like it, that's fine, but there's no need to mock me and try to toss around unneeded insults.

Not certain why you keep coming back to post. Aren't you done with WP?

Read my post, rinse, lather, repeat. Then go to the phone of your choice. We're happy, you're happy, and hopefully in the future, you recognize you are allowed to do something without needing to feel vindicated with everyone's approval.

Peace jolly

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Ok this is turning into petty insults now... can a mod PLEASE close this thread and hand out some infractions?

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I understand that every major brand has their own set of blind zombie-like fanboys, but some of you guys really need to have a more open mindset. I really don't care about OS wars and I don't really see whats the big deal if someone admits that this phone/OS is not for them, there is no phone that will satisfy everyone, and this is no exception. If anything, you should expect a much higher % of people to dislike WP in comparison to any of the other OS's just because it is a newer platform (mainly WP8) and we are all EARLY ADOPTERS, there are bound to be many more flaws - and we all KNEW that coming in.

The OP gave us an honest review and that's it, move on you zombies.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I understand that every major brand has their own set of blind zombie-like fanboys, but some of you guys really need to have a more open mindset. I really don't care about OS wars and I don't really see whats the big deal if someone admits that this phone/OS is not for them, there is no phone that will satisfy everyone, and this is no exception. If anything, you should expect a much higher % of people to dislike WP in comparison to any of the other OS's just because it is a newer platform (mainly WP8) and we are all EARLY ADOPTERS, there are bound to be many more flaws - and we all KNEW that coming in.

The OP gave us an honest review and that's it, move on you zombies.

ninja, please read the thread and understand we are really not being fanboys. A ****** is a person who declares their system or device is factually superior to another. We're not doing that; we're saying if you have made up your mind there's no reason to share you reasons with us; it's your choice.

There are very valid responses to the OP. Again, no one is denying the flaws in WP. But if everyone that switched from one phone OS to another decided to post their deep thoughts on why they jumped we would have nothing more than a million self-centered posts.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

205173_10151141916587397_304045407_n.jpg

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I'll just add what I usually do with these threads because everyone else has expressed what I think.

/bangs head against the wall

anon(5399450)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

ninja, please read the thread and understand we are really not being fanboys. A ****** is a person who declares their system or device is factually superior to another. We're not doing that; we're saying if you have made up your mind there's no reason to share you reasons with us; it's your choice.

There are very valid responses to the OP. Again, no one is denying the flaws in WP. But if everyone that switched from one phone OS to another decided to post their deep thoughts on why they jumped we would have nothing more than a million self-centered posts.

There are definitely a select few people here commenting being blatant fanboys actually. And also there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with someone posting their review/opinion of WP and the results of it... without feedback from users (positive AND negative), improving a product/service becomes much slower. If you don't want to read why someone has switched back, then you shouldn't have clicked on this thread to begin with, it was obvious right in the title.

jollydogg

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Is posting an honest opinion about a WP8 product in one of the few WP8 forums really self centered or self righteous? I never said I was done with WP8. You clearly didn't read my post. Point blank. I even said ill keep lurking for good news so maybe by the time AT&T unlocks it I can return to the platform.

Connor Bunch

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

so the only reason why he doesnt like the phone and will never reccomend it to anybody is because it does not have two apps (that i have never even heard of)? did i really read that correctly?

sirfly2fly

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

You would have saved us and your self time with not writing all that and just returned to the iphone 5. Belive me, no one cares.... You are talking about a new OS. Android and iOS both have been working on their OS since 2007. In 5 years, even I can bring a good OS to the table. I had an iphone 4s and lost respect for Apple when they annouced the Iphone 5. They are selling the same phone over and over again. oh Im sorry.. the Ip5 has a 4" screen and is a little bit faster... Make the jump quietly please...
Why didn't windows wait until it was polished?

jollydogg

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

I tried Nokia Music. For ME, it wasn't very intuitive, just like the Xbox Music application. I found it difficult to use to save playlists, and I didn't find a way to save single songs. I honestly didn't give it a fair shake as I was frustrated with the mapping and Xbox Music applications, I admit. I will check out your article that you linked about mobile IE 10. Thanks for the insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)