Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradha91

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile good or bad?

Of course it's good. We're all waiting for that Surface Phone.

Yepp me too. Once that releases and i have sufficient money I am in for it :) :) Got a SP3, may buy a SP5 if i like. wishing to see SP5 and Surface Phone release together. that would be awesome and they can even bundle it for a promotional offer or make it in such a way that both together is awesome.

pradha91

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile good or bad?

Heya so welcome to the forums and goodbye? :winktongue:

Kidding, but do hope you enjoy that 1+. Don't think the 950 series will be abandoned by MS when the SPhone is launched.

To answer your question; yes, windows 10 mobile is good, for me anyways

No i am not saying that the 950 will be abandoned. But i m saying there will be a upgrade in future that might focus more on the abilities of Surface phone and that cannot be done by the 950 series. its technology. I ordered a one plus 3 now and im sure in a matter of 5-6 months it will be outdated. so its not like not abandoning but its like a lion's share would go to surface phone for a while and then back to lumia series upon launch of next versions. Yes I do love windows phone and I will use it as my secondary device where i will finally experiment in fast builds lol

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Thinking of Leaving | Switching platforms...comment here!

Switched to iOS after returning my overheating 950xl. Running iOS 10 beta on 2.5 yr old iPhone 6- everything works perfectly on this 2 week old beta, unlike the perpetual W10M beta which was crapware for a year plus.

The truth is MS has given up on consumer phones and will only focus on enterprise where apps matter much less.

Last edited:

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm still going with windows mobile, I see a future there. :smile:

Maybe you are right but no one truly knows what will happen in the future. Perhaps there will be no more iPhone, or perhaps Microsoft will throw in the towel for windows 10 mobile when another CEO takes over.

For me, I just use whichever platform suit me the most now. Simple as that. Applies the same for you too. When the future is near, I shall see again if this platform and its apps have ever improved over time. :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Switched to iOS after returning my overheating 950xl. Running iOS 10 beta on 2.5 yr old iPhone 6- everything works perfectly on this 2 week old beta, unlike the perpetual W10M beta which was crapware for a year plus.

The truth is MS has given up on consumer phones and will only focus on enterprise where apps matter much less.

I'm excited about being able to actually hide (most) system apps in iOS 10.

If it's anything like how it is on my HTC One A9, I'm ready!

For me, I just use whichever platform suit me the most now. Simple as that. Applies the same for you too. When the future is near, I shall see again if this platform and its apps have ever improved over time. :)

I agree with you, well said. I keep saying it but there are things that I love about Windows Mobile, iOS, and Android. There are also things that I don't like either, of course.

I think fighting to use a platform that you (general you) are struggling with is for what it might lack for you is just silly. Then again, I'm the same person who likes her iPhone a LOT but can't use it full-time because of aesthetics (no customization). I knew that going in, but I didn't know how much it would bother me.

Windows Mobile customization is still my perfect aesthetic BUT some of the apps aren't there for me yet.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Time to move on for me.... Windows phone losing the basic apps and no pokemon go

Yep, 8GB is ridiculous. This is where it'd be nice if WP had the feature that Android does of formatting the SD card as a part of the actual phone storage. You could easily bump an 8GB phone to 40GB by adding a 32GB card.

That feature was part of Windows Phone 7, for some reason it got removed in WP8. I recall a friend had a Samsung phone (the Focus maybe) that did this and was running WP7.

kokola

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
It's not that it's harsh, it's completely biased and uncalled for. The platform is in Beta, plain and simple. The fact many of the whiners cant seem to grasp that SIMPLE notion is beyond me. The "buggy" apps are few and far between in my 950xl. I love reviews where the hardware is old, yet it's the OS causing the issue. Go follow the fan-droid forum. Criticism is allowed, but cmon you obviously hate the platform and can't be critical. I would LOVE for my 950xl to never have an app crash, but it does. As it does on iOS and Android. The major difference is the refinement and polish on those. I had an iPhone at the very beginning, in my opinion, Windows 10m surpasses it at the same place in time. 10 is not an UPDATE to 8.1, it is a ground up rebuild. Get that straight. And what they have done in this amount of time is amazing. Look up how long iOS was in development....

950/950XL sold with W10M.
Stop calling the platform beta.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I really wish this was allowed back when I was a user of iOS 6. I had to make this "junk" folder and "hide" it on the second screen along with newsstand.

Yep, same deal with me now. The only nice thing that apple does is that you can kind of actually hide music and news by changing the visibility in settings. Sadly, those are the only apps that I know of which work that way. When iOS 10 is released for my SE, I will be installing that as soon as I can!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm excited about being able to actually hide (most) system apps in iOS 10.

If it's anything like how it is on my HTC One A9, I'm ready!

I agree with you, well said. I keep saying it but there are things that I love about Windows Mobile, iOS, and Android. There are also things that I don't like either, of course.

I think fighting to use a platform that you (general you) are struggling with is for what it might lack for you is just silly. Then again, I'm the same person who likes her iPhone a LOT but can't use it full-time because of aesthetics (no customization). I knew that going in, but I didn't know how much it would bother me.

Windows Mobile customization is still my perfect aesthetic BUT some of the apps aren't there for me yet.

Yes --- this!

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Time to move on for me.... Windows phone losing the basic apps and no pokemon go

That feature was part of Windows Phone 7, for some reason it got removed in WP8. I recall a friend had a Samsung phone (the Focus maybe) that did this and was running WP7.

Interesting. I had an HTC Trophy which didn't have an expansion card, so I didn't know that. I suspect it got lost when they had to re-write the OS from 7 to 8. It was a feature that could be easily left out, so it was. Just a guess, though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
At this point, I'm not sure why some of you still read my phone "adventures" or craziness, if you will, but thanks for reading. This is another one of those posts.

So the HTC One A9 is nice, and I really like it. I finally got screen protectors today. I don't feel comfortable having a phone without one for a while. Anyway, the screen protector has changed the way that I view the phone...for worse. I have read that screen protectors are hard for this model, simply because of the curved edges. I figured that was normal until after I put it on. The protector completely ruined the aesthetic for me. So much that I moved my sim back to my SE because I know that I would be bothered by this. I can finally understand why people get annoyed with the Samsung Galaxy Edge models and screen protectors.

I hate flip cases, I feel uncomfortable with no screen protector, so I'm really trying to think of what to do. I know, I'm weird but I'm this way about a number of things, outside of phones.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
At this point, I'm not sure why some of you still read my phone "adventures" or craziness, if you will, but thanks for reading. This is another one of those posts.

So the HTC One A9 is nice, and I really like it. I finally got screen protectors today. I don't feel comfortable having a phone without one for a while. Anyway, the screen protector has changed the way that I view the phone...for worse. I have read that screen protectors are hard for this model, simply because of the curved edges. I figured that was normal until after I put it on. The protector completely ruined the aesthetic for me. So much that I moved my sim back to my SE because I know that I would be bothered by this. I can finally understand why people get annoyed with the Samsung Galaxy Edge models and screen protectors.

I hate flip cases, I feel uncomfortable with no screen protector, so I'm really trying to think of what to do. I know, I'm weird but I'm this way about a number of things, outside of phones.

I feel your pain. Screen protectors also look really bad on my 930. Either you get used to it or live with the daily risk of acquiring micro scratches. On the other hand, the glass is so smooth to touch! Feels just right. I recall seeing about a Skinomi screen protector that fit the entire display properly, too bad it'd be expensive to import it. Maybe one is also available for the HTC?

anyway, what about the SE? I heard the battery life is quite decent compared to other iPhones... Has the small screen ever been an issue on occasions? This is the first iPhone ever to catch my eye...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I feel your pain. Screen protectors also look really bad on my 930. Either you get used to it or live with the daily risk of acquiring micro scratches. On the other hand, the glass is so smooth to touch! Feels just right. I recall seeing about a Skinomi screen protector that fit the entire display properly, too bad it'd be expensive to import it. Maybe one is also available for the HTC?

anyway, what about the SE? I heard the battery life is quite decent compared to other iPhones... Has the small screen ever been an issue on occasions? This is the first iPhone ever to catch my eye...
So you can relate to my annoyance, good to know that I'm not alone here, haha. I hate having any kind of scratches or things of that nature that I can control. Even in college/university, I never put any marks in my textbooks or used a highlighter. It's just not for me. Thank you for the suggestion of Skinomi. I have one on my Lumia and it's great. I think all of the reviews were bad for this HTC one though, I will look into it though.

As for the SE, the battery life is awesome. For me, it's almost impossible to make it run out in a day. I always get a day and some of battery life and if I am very light with my usage, I can get 2 full days easily. Nope, the small screen is fine with me. To me, the size and the specs together is something that I love about it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So I just learned that you can change third party icons on iOS, common ones, that is (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc). I think that is really cool but sadly, the ones I tried seem not to work for the some of the system stuff like the phone, messages, camera. Funny enough, I have seen one work for email and messages but not the phone. I don't know if I should keep digging or if I just shouldn't be bothered.

Genz3r

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: W10M Official 10586.494 Discussion (Threshold Branch, Production Ring/Official)

I'm sorry but the 925 is not supported for W10M so you are at the end of the line.

thanks for the information. Then it is time for me to buy another OS. I updated the 925 to see the development of W10M but in general it does not satisfy me. Maps is not correct enough, still the app gap, battery drain, the mail doesn't work as it should be ( and this is common for W10!, it's disastrous). I think I will switch to a google machine :( the ideas of W10 are okay, but just it's all a bit to late and not complete enough. And now they don't give chance for people with older device to sew how it'll be. As being end of line, it's not sufficient I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb