Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's just another "Rite of Passage".

The absolute worst part about the transition to Android is those nauseating default avatars at Android Central :eck: and how stingy everyone is with their "LIKES" no matter how well they receive/appreciate your 'reply' :shocked: .

Hopefully, one day, we'll start streaming back to Windows... and here to Windows Central.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Hobby :winktongue:
I always thought the little green Android is cute.

How about stopping over at Android Central and making it better? Many of us from Windows Central are at Android Central (and iMore too). 😊

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I always thought the little green Android is cute.

How about stopping over at Android Central and making it better? Many of us from Windows Central are at Android Central (and iMore too). ��
I'm over there. I just don't have any problems to post about :winktongue: I've replied to a few as well. I mostly just read and learn for now cause The S7 EDGE just doesn't have problems.
I mostly pick from the unanswered posts if I can, so my posts tend to be in other Forums than the S7 Edge.

I "DO" make a habit of sprinkling my "LIKES" around.

See ya around.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Hobby

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm over there. I just don't have any problems to post about :winktongue: I've replied to a few as well. I mostly just read and learn for now cause The S7 EDGE just doesn't have problems.
I mostly pick from the unanswered posts if I can, so my posts tend to be in other Forums than the S7 Edge.

See ya around.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

I "DO" make a habit of sprinkling my "LIKES" around.
Funny you should mention the S7 edge. I'm at my doctor's office waiting now. The receptionist has an S7 edge. I saw the colour flashing on its sides while it was sitting on her desk.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Funny you should mention the S7 edge. I'm at my doctor's office waiting now. The receptionist has an S7 edge. I saw the colour flashing on its sides while it was sitting on her desk.
Samsung is offering the NOUGAT Beta to all S7 and S7 Edges now. Its said all the good stuff that we had on the Note 7 is in the Nougat. So I have THAT to look forward to this weekend. "Shades of the Insider Program". Now I'll be cookin' :winktongue:

EDIT > How to get Nougat? for S7 and S7 Edge only. Thread here.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is offering the NOUGAT Beta to all S7 and S7 Edges now. Its said all the good stuff that we had on the Note 7 is in the Nougat. So I have THAT to look forward to this weekend. "Shades of the Insider Program". Now I'll be cookin' :winktongue:

EDIT > How to get Nougat? for S7 and S7 Edge only. Thread here.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
She went to lunch while I with the doctor and wasn't back when I left, so I couldn't tell her.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah. One of the uses of that thin edge is you can color code your contacts and incoming call from Mom can be whatever and so on.
Your avatar is cute... my avatar is cute... that Android avatar is cute in concept, but the usage of it so beyond ubiquitous its just fugly :angry:

Meh....

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. One of the uses of that thin edge is you can color code your contacts and incoming call from Mom can be whatever and so on.
Your avatar is cute... my avatar is cute... that Android avatar is cute in concept, but the usage of it so beyond ubiquitous its just fugly :angry:

Meh....

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
I understand what you're saying. It's like the smiley face in the 70s is cute, but it was too common so it became boring.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I understand what you're saying. It's like the smiley face in the 70s is cute, but it was too common so it became boring.
Just when I start usin' emojis, I find out from a cool chick I know that its pass?...:unhappy:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just when I start usin' emojis, I find out from a cool chick I know that its pass?...:unhappy:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Alan,
I don't mind emojis. I'm talking about those t-shirts and buttons that were popular in the 70s along with the Pet Rocks.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Alan,
I don't mind emojis. I'm talking about those t-shirts and buttons that were popular in the 70s along with the Pet Rocks.
So I'm still cool, at 68, like Keith Richards then. :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow. Not sure how to move around 7". lol

I hope you like your V20.
I noticed that you said no other options. Why not a Google Pixel (XL), since it is available on Verizon?

After reading some the issues the Pixel is having, especially the halo effect when taking pictures, turned me off the Pixel XL, besides the sealed battery, no SD card, and plain jane Android release. I actually like the LG take on Android, not a lot of changes, but what there are actually are useful.

I don't normally use Verizon apps, but their texting app rocks compared to the plain Android texting app.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
After reading some the issues the Pixel is having, especially the halo effect when taking pictures, turned me off the Pixel XL, besides the sealed battery, no SD card, and plain jane Android release. I actually like the LG take on Android, not a lot of changes, but what there are actually are useful.

I don't normally use Verizon apps, but their texting app rocks compared to the plain Android texting app.

Ah okay, I see. It sounds like the V20 is (or will be) a nice fit for you. Hope that you will continue to enjoy it.

I think my switching kind of broke the email sync on my Honor 8. Rather than getting emails in the proper app, I'm getting them in the Outlook app now and I can't be bothered to fix it. I guess my moods (and level of effort) decides my phone of the day(s)...or week :grin:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ah okay, I see. It sounds like the V20 is (or will be) a nice fit for you. Hope that you will continue to enjoy it.

I think my switching kind of broke the email sync on my Honor 8. Rather than getting emails in the proper app, I'm getting them in the Outlook app now and I can't be bothered to fix it. I guess my moods (and level of effort) decides my phone of the day(s)...or week :grin:
Probably cheaper than a shoe fetish as well :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Daily Driver

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Probably cheaper than a shoe fetish as well :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Daily Driver

Lol, it's cheaper because I already own what I'm switching between xd
I am debating which Windows Phone to keep though, since I don't want to keep both (640 and 550). That's been hard.

tboling

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Sadly leaving Windows Mobile

As much as I hate to, I think it's time to leave. This is a sad time for me. I have been with Microsoft Mobile since the 920. I had the 1020, and currently have the 950. My phone is now having the random reboot issues, and I'm due for an upgrade. Since Microsoft has openly abandoned us, I feel I have no other option but to go with Android or iOS. I. Leaning more towards iOS.

Since I use Office, Skype Preview, Groove, and other Microsoft apps, which OS would you guys recommend? Or, should I abandon the Microsoft ecosystem all together?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sadly leaving Windows Mobile

Since I use Office, Skype Preview, Groove, and other Microsoft apps, which OS would you guys recommend? Or, should I abandon the Microsoft ecosystem all together?

There is no need to abandon the Microsoft ecosystem. Microsoft has top quality apps on both iOS and Android. In fact, depending on which apps you use, you may find your experience in the Microsoft ecosystem better than on Windows Phone.

As far as which OS to choose, it is pretty much up to personal preference. They both work much the same. It also makes a difference which Microsoft apps you intend to use. For example, some say that Outlook is better on iOS, but Cortana is better on Android. I have little personal experience there, so I'm going off of what I read.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site

You could always get the Alcatel Idol 4s or the hp elite :p Windows is still getting near monthly updates. So I'm not very clear on the "abandoned us" thing

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site

Go with Android, you'll be so happy with the greener grass over there.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786