Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Been blowing too much money on other stuff I don't really need Lol...
The honor does check 9 of 10 boxes for now actually :)
Nicee, that's awesome to hear about the Honor!

I totally understand you on that point.

You know you want to. Resistance is futile.

You're so not helping! lol
You're right though to an extent. If the Pixel was cheaper, I'm pretty sure I would have ordered one. I know that I could order one anyway, but I don't want to get to the point of crying when I see my credit card statement considering that this month is $$$ already. It doesn't make sense for me right now :grincry:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi There! I don't know squat about Phones, but I see you all having fun on the Phone threads while I'm watching Stream, so thought I'd reply To @Guytronic!
I couldn't find 20 bucks, but here's 3 bucks. LMAO! I'll see if I can find 17 more!:wink:

Attachments

• Deer.jpg
    Deer.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 115

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi There! Does anyone ever get off topic on this thread?? Hope I can find my way back here again!!:grin:
I like to have a little fun once in awhile . Keep things from getting boring! Please delete if not appropriate.

Attachments

• Capture76JPG.gif
    Capture76JPG.gif
    87.4 KB · Views: 115

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend! I have many help forum names. I'm no stranger to help forums. I have alias names a mile long, but let's not go there. I don't want to get banned here. I like it a lot on this forum. I was around when IObit stole data from MBAM. A lot of water under the old bridge sense then. I'm really a good guy now, but I raised a little hell on help forums as garybear. Shsssss! Let's keep this quite. I'm a god guy now and have grown up and learned lot sense those days. I have been banned for getting off topic. Sad but true! Are we having fun or what!:devil:
PS I promise to be good for now! :winktongue:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@RumoredNow Oooh, impressions! Somewhere...

Hmmm, it's only been a couple days and I'm still shaking it down...

Hardware wise, thumbs up:
  • Nice screen (1080p IPS on a 5.5")
  • SD 615 skates along nicely
  • The stereo speakers are awesome, great sound all together for calls/ringtones/alerts/etc as well
  • Double Tap to Wake and Sleep
  • Battery life is good
  • Camera seems really nice so far, but time will tell
Software:
  • The reversible screen is cool, but may be just a gimmick in the long run
  • OK Google frustrates me, as it did last time I tried to use it (I'm sure some of that comes down to training myself)
  • Cortana is gimped
  • As expected, the notifications are too hyper for me
  • Widgets ain't Live Tiles
Since it was only $70 I feel like I got a great deal... Not sure I would have paid much more though as the OS really never suited my use patterns as much as Microsoft has.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm, it's only been a couple days and I'm still shaking it down...

Hardware wise, thumbs up:
  • Nice screen (1080p IPS on a 5.5")
  • SD 615 skates along nicely
  • The stereo speakers are awesome, great sound all together for calls/ringtones/alerts/etc as well
  • Double Tap to Wake and Sleep
  • Battery life is good
  • Camera seems really nice so far, but time will tell
Software:
  • The reversible screen is cool, but may be just a gimmick in the long run
  • OK Google frustrates me, as it did last time I tried to use it (I'm sure some of that comes down to training myself)
  • Cortana is gimped
  • As expected, the notifications are too hyper for me
  • Widgets ain't Live Tiles
Since it was only $70 I feel like I got a great deal... Not sure I would have paid much more though as the OS really never suited my use patterns as much as Microsoft has.

Nice! That is a good deal imo. Silly question but one that must be asked. Are you using any MS apps? I agree that Cortana is gimped. I think there is a way to sync SMS from your phone to your computer if you use Windows 10 but I have no idea how to do that.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I think there is a way to sync SMS from your phone to your computer if you use Windows 10 but I have no idea how to do that.

I have Cortana Preview on my Moto G4 plus and SMS(and all other notifications) from my phone sync to my W10 laptop as I have enabled sync on Cortana preview.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I think there is a way to sync SMS from your phone to your computer if you use Windows 10 but I have no idea how to do that.

I forgot to mention that my notifications from my Lumia stopped syncing with my laptop sometime around Sept 2016.My Android does it without any problem so far.Both phones are set to sync.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I told Android "When device is locked" that it should "hide sensitive notification content" to help protect me from nosy people...

How dumb is this?

Screenshot_20161215-092238.jpg

But at the same time, if I allow OK Google to have a weather card those details will show on lock screen. But I don't want OK Google weather info. It stinks and fails to immediately surface the detail I find important and I don't care for the source. IMHO, it lacks veracity. I found a Weather App that does surface the info I want most and is accurate, but I can't get it to surface where I want it to: ON MY LOCK SCREEN.

Google is simply pushing a false narrative that their product is superior because if "functions better." I'm really cheesed off about this. It's idiotic. To get the info I want, I would have to expose info I don't want casual idiots to see like details of my emails and SMS. They want to force you all in with Google. Their end game is to allow advertisers to bug the snot out of me to purchase weather and weather related products and I won't have it.

Lunacy. Why would the weather be sensitive information if it comes from anyone other than Google?

"Android notifications are superior." Yeah, pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So I told Android "When device is locked" that it should "hide sensitive notification content" to help protect me from nosy people...

How dumb is this?

View attachment 132748

But at the same time, if I allow OK Google to have a weather card those details will show on lock screen. But I don't want OK Google weather info. It stinks and fails to immediately surface the detail I find important and I don't care for the source. IMHO, it lacks veracity. I found a Weather App that does surface the info I want most and is accurate, but I can't get it to surface where I want it to: ON MY LOCK SCREEN.

Google is simply pushing a false narrative that their product is superior because if "functions better." I'm really cheesed off about this. It's idiotic. To get the info I want, I would have to expose info I don't want casual idiots to see like details of my emails and SMS. They want to force you all in with Google. Their end game is to allow advertisers to bug the snot out of me to purchase weather and weather related products and I won't have it.

Lunacy. Why would the weather be sensitive information if it comes from anyone other than Google?

"Android notifications are superior." Yeah, pull the other one, it's got bells on.
This is SO COOL !!!! I've never seen you so cheesed off LOL

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

scott miller10

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: To Buy or not to buy?

Wonder how everyone feels now about their great 640?

It's now an obsolete piece of cr*p that will never see windows 10 and is losing use-ability rapidly.

Threw mine in the bin yesterday and bought an Alcatel handset which is brilliantly fast, responsive and a joy to use, 640 was my third windows phone but it's the last time I'll ever buy a windows/Microsoft mobile.

Since the summer (2016) it's lost apps, functionality, and even the xbox music app fails now, what a joke.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: To Buy or not to buy?

Wonder how everyone feels now about their great 640?

It's now an obsolete piece of cr*p that will never see windows 10 and is losing use-ability rapidly.

Threw mine in the bin yesterday and bought an Alcatel handset which is brilliantly fast, responsive and a joy to use, 640 was my third windows phone but it's the last time I'll ever buy a windows/Microsoft mobile.

Since the summer (2016) it's lost apps, functionality, and even the xbox music app fails now, what a joke.

It is eligible for Windows 10 Mobile, and that update has been released for a while now. I wish you the best with your new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz