Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I love that you're responding with one! So cool!

I'm sure you're right, but I'm not going to stop. I try not to change multiple times in a week but sometimes I really can be over dealing with something or I want to play with something new, like a new Windows 10 Mobile update. :grincry:
Just waiting to get one of my Touchpads up and running so I can re-live 2011 before the Apothekalypse. I need an intervention. I have 2 Touchpads, a Pre 2 and Pre 3. If Robert can chime in on any experiences with LuneOS, that's my next "project".

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Just waiting to get one of my Touchpads up and running so I can re-live 2011 before the Apothekalypse. I need an intervention. I have 2 Touchpads, a Pre 2 and Pre 3. If Robert can chime in on any experiences with LuneOS, that's my next "project".
THAT is so cooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm basically an Android user at this moment in time, but my wife is now using my Windows 10 Mobile converted Lumia 640. Now I have sorted the data and mms issues so everything seems to be ok so far. The reason I am using her a a guinea pig is that she is more of a real world user than me ie I am the sort who will tend to put up with things which would annoy her. Having said that she does like her Windows Phone. If all goes well and she's happy with it I will finally covert the other Lumia 640 to Windows 10 Mobile and finally be done with 8.1 :)

Having said that I'll probably still use my Android as a daily driver because I like the apps I can use it on. It's that simple. The reason I still have the Windows 10 Mobile devices is that I still want to keep one foot in the door. If it ends up that they become merely expensive niche devices that still lack the apps I need then that will be the time to finally move on. I say this as Alcatel seems to be the only readily available third party mid tier device and the sales haven't exactly exploded from what I have seen, but who knows what the future may bring?

I have no doubt that all will be revealed SOON[SUP]TM[/SUP] eh? :winktongue:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm basically an Android user at this moment in time, but my wife is now using my Windows 10 Mobile converted Lumia 640. Now I have sorted the data and mms issues so everything seems to be ok so far. The reason I am using her a a guinea pig is that she is more of a real world user than me ie I am the sort who will tend to put up with things which would annoy her. Having said that she does like her Windows Phone. If all goes well and she's happy with it I will finally covert the other Lumia 640 to Windows 10 Mobile and finally be done with 8.1 :)

Having said that I'll probably still use my Android as a daily driver because I like the apps I can use it on. It's that simple. The reason I still have the Windows 10 Mobile devices is that I still want to keep one foot in the door. If it ends up that they become merely expensive niche devices that still lack the apps I need then that will be the time to finally move on. I say this as Alcatel seems to be the only readily available third party mid tier device and the sales haven't exactly exploded from what I have seen, but who knows what the future may bring?

I have no doubt that all will be revealed SOON[SUP]TM[/SUP] eh? :winktongue:

Yes....SOON... that's the word we Windows Phone folks live by........ soooooooon.......

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
That song ain't country and I hate snakes!LMAO. That looks like a Oklahoma Rattle snake to me! We have people that hunt these in Oklahoma. Yes they even eat them. Not me. They say they taste like chicken. I like chicken, but I ain't eating no snake!:winktongue:
Here you go. You stared it .:wink:
https://youtu.be/AGNO9rA3N-Y?t=1

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of folks that I really, really like, paying attention to this thread for now so I'd like to quickly say Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and everything else that I'm unaware of. You guys are really, really astute, thoughtful, gentle and much more that I can aspire to, so - that's it I'll be in and out the next couple days.

Now y'all be safe and especially don't forget to ALWAYS practice "Safe Hex". :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Are you planning to use WebOS? I had a Touchpad sitting around that I decided to sell. I listed it on eBay, and after all fees and shipping I cleared about $27. :amaze:

I had installed Android on it and that is what I was using. I decided to flash it back to stock WebOS before selling it. I got it flashed, but I was not able to log in. I checked online, and found out that evidently HP has shut down their WebOS servers. Basically, it will not go past the activation screen without checking in with HP's WebOS servers, which are now offline. I found a file that someone had put together that bypasses the activation, so I flashed that and it worked fine.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Peace out W10M

Well it's official. I'm finally fed up enough to leave Windows Phone. I tried to stick it out but after just 4 months with the Lumia 950 I can't do this anymore. I thoroughly enjoyed my WP 8.1 days with my 1520 (I switched from an iPhone 4) but ever since W10M it's been straight downhill. I've never had an android device before but I've ordered the Google Pixel phone, which should be arriving in the mail soon. Bye!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you planning to use WebOS? I had a Touchpad sitting around that I decided to sell. I listed it on eBay, and after all fees and shipping I cleared about $27. :amaze:

I had installed Android on it and that is what I was using. I decided to flash it back to stock WebOS before selling it. I got it flashed, but I was not able to log in. I checked online, and found out that evidently HP has shut down their WebOS servers. Basically, it will not go past the activation screen without checking in with HP's WebOS servers, which are now offline. I found a file that someone had put together that bypasses the activation, so I flashed that and it worked fine.
I've never given up on webOS. Every now and then I get the urge to disconnect from the app prison we live in and enjoy my favorite mobile OS. I get all my emails and I'm even able to hang out here. The Touchpad lets me lounge around the house with only one device nearby since it's the only tablet EVER to allow you to get phone calls and texts (provided the phone is reasonably nearby for Bluetooth). If you really think about it, I'm not giving up much from WM10. No BBM, no PayPal, no Amazon, no eBay and no Xfinity. My Pre 3 at least has an eBay app for Christ's sake. I have SkyDrive and Skype, I can print emails or just about anything with the TP. The only thing I'm having to do without is CamScanner but, whatever. I'm not on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or anything else so that's not an issue. Facebook on the browser is more than enough.

Too many firsts that have been imitated but not surpassed. Synergy was the first contact integration, Touchstone was the first wireless charging, Touch To Share was a webOS first, it's still the only purely gesture-based OS and the aforementioned call/text mirroring. No LTE but that's ok, I'm on hiatus so what's the rush?

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Peace out W10M

Well it's official. I'm finally fed up enough to leave Windows Phone. I tried to stick it out but after just 4 months with the Lumia 950 I can't do this anymore. I thoroughly enjoyed my WP 8.1 days with my 1520 (I switched from an iPhone 4) but ever since W10M it's been straight downhill. I've never had an android device before but I've ordered the Google Pixel phone, which should be arriving in the mail soon. Bye!

I'm sorry to hear that you've had so many issues with the Lumia 950.

I hope you like your new Pixel. What colour did you get? Please feel free to check out our sister site Android Central. Many of us who are here are also members of Android Central.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Peace out W10M

Regular Pixel. If I go to the android Forum do I have to make a whole new login?

You log in here with Passport. The same Passport gets you into all the Mobile Nations sites. Your avatar, global post and comment totals, Likes, etc follow you across all of them:
Every time you first log into one of the Mobile Nations sites you get a Badge for that Site on your Passport Profile. You can see a snapshot of the PP profile for yourself and other members by clicking the avatar in the left sidebar next to a post...

Capture01.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers