Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I suppose an iPhone user could say the same thing about a WP user, correct? I personally could say something similar about a person who enjoys eating broccoli.

Read this response with a mic drop in mind.
That is SO true, I have seen so many jokes around the other forums about finally seeing the light.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm gonna just sink with the ship. I just don't feel like using ios or android...just not a fan of those operating systems. Used Continuum for a full presentation at work yesterday despite it's lack of features yet still it was great and most attendees' were marveled how I could use my phone in such an untimely manner to get something done....but somehow I just couldn't recommend the phone. If Microsoft kills it, I'm going down with it.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
...most attendees' were marveled how I could use my phone in such an untimely manner to get something done....but somehow I just couldn't recommend the phone. If Microsoft kills it, I'm going down with it.
That's the spirit!! :) Meanwhile I just ordered an iLifeboat, but I'll keep my 950Titanic just in case I start missing it.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Currently using iOS, which is fine for now [...] I have iMessage turned off in hopes that I'll have something to switch to.
Would you mind sharing your thoughts on iMessage? Is there a reason to turn it off? On that note, I'm curious about text message history transfer/backup in general for switchers. Is there a way to copy my million backed up text messages from WP to iOS? Is there a way to move any new iOS text messages back to WP when I inevitably switch back? :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Would you mind sharing your thoughts on iMessage? Is there a reason to turn it off? On that note, I'm curious about text message history transfer/backup in general for switchers. Is there a way to copy my million backed up text messages from WP to iOS? Is there a way to move any new iOS text messages back to WP when I inevitably switch back? :)

iMessage is pretty cool, as it allows for you to share full resolution images, videos and no text limits for a text with other people who have iPhones. Also it's kind of like Skype Preview was meant to be that you can get and reply to messages on your Mac or iPad. It has read receipts too.

If you want or plan to switch, it's better to turn it off. Unfortunately, it breaks things if you try to switch phones with it left on. People have had issues receiving texts because of it.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you can. I think you might be able to move text messages from iOS to WP but not the other way around. I haven't personally tried to, as I am okay with having texts on my phones.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I still cannot even understand how someone could enjoy iPhone. It's such a bad series of phone. I just don't get it.

Sent from mTalk

For those people I know using an iPhone, friends, family, and even took one for a short spin myself - it works beautifully and suffices for their needs. I chose to move on, not because it didn't work but because it just wasn't "me". That might change down the road since our main tablet of choice is an iPad Mini 4 so who knows. Fine to fault something for not being "YOU" but to generalize isn't being fair, yes "your opinion" which again comes down to "YOU".

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you want or plan to switch, it's better to turn it off. Unfortunately, it breaks things if you try to switch phones with it left on. People have had issues receiving texts because of it.
That's right, I remember that when I went from my iPhone 4 to my Lumia 920 (those were the days..). I'll just have to remember to disable it on my iPad and iPhone if/when I make the move back. Looking forward to getting bored with iOS all over again! :)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That's right, I remember that when I went from my iPhone 4 to my Lumia 920 (those were the days..). I'll just have to remember to disable it on my iPad and iPhone if/when I make the move back. Looking forward to getting bored with iOS all over again! :)

Haha yep! I know that I switch so it's always off for me. I never want any of my friends to get used to the idea of me using an iPhone too, so that's another reason for me.

Since I put a dBrand skin on my iPhone, it seems less boring to me. Then again, I have a weird layout for my iPhone that I am kind of attached to.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Since I put a dBrand skin on my iPhone, it seems less boring to me. Then again, I have a weird layout for my iPhone that I am kind of attached to.
You know, at some point we're going to want to see a picture of this rumored weird skinned iPhone SE! I might even reconsider the boring black case that I got for the 6S+.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You know, at some point we're going to want to see a picture of this rumored weird skinned iPhone SE! I might even reconsider the boring black case that I got for the 6S+.

Haha. Here you go with the top and bottom pieces and the back:
024c26f9fa690f12a7636282f57d2074.jpg

This is the white marble skin on my rose gold SE. dBrand provided 2 skins for the back. One for the whole back and one for just the middle back.

Not my video, but this is how the white marble looks on the whole back. If you can mute the video, you can see it in action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spn51shIfFo

I decided to copy that so I removed the 3 pieces. Also dBrand now has shipping for just $1!

Edit: I don't bother with a skin for the front. That's useless. What I see on dBrand is that you'll need just two: https://dbrand.com/shop/iphone-6s-plus?utm_mnsid=UUwpUvbUpU3626025

Feel free to play, I'm possibly thinking of trying out another kind of skin sometime down the line :)

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I still miss WIndows Phone, still updating my ICON with the current builds and playing with to see what is new but, with out any new phones that are any good coming to Verizon, it is not worth going back for me. The phone does not offer basic features that I need any more.

1. Smartwatch apps besides a crappy Band 2 (that the band keeps breaking), I use a Pebble Time Steel and not willing to give it up, or lose features by going back to WIndows Phone(till it's officially killed by Fitbit of course).
2. Some standard apps like Twitter or Facebook that are not even updated as much as other platforms, never mind the apps that I have learned to love that I just cant get on Windows Phone.
3. No Tap-to-Pay for my current phone that funny, it did work before (before google grabbed an app) and no Verizon phone offers it.
4. New models available on my carrier to get a little excited about.

Sorry, just the basics I NOW expect on a phone I just cant get on Windows Phone any more, and HACKING a 3rd party app to get basic hardware to work (Pebble anyone ?) is just not worth it any more. When Microsoft besides updating a partly buggy OS (Windows 10 mobile) does nothing to support it any more.

So I have been using a LG G4 with a leather back and wireless charging for about 6-8 months now, and I finally got a wireless charger for my iPhone 6, I guess this weekend I'll be trying to live with that for a few weeks.

I wish Microsoft would spend some money back into Windows Phone and try to build it back up but, I think now they are too far gone and it's just so sad as it's such a nice OS....far better than Android or iOS.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wish Microsoft would spend some money back into Windows Phone and try to build it back up but, I think now they are too far gone and it's just so sad as it's such a nice OS....far better than Android or iOS.
This is why I keep coming back to Windows Central. To commiserate about the fate of our wonderful WP10 with all you nice folks! :winktongue:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I suppose an iPhone user could say the same thing about a WP user, correct? I personally could say something similar about a person who enjoys eating broccoli.

whoa whoa whoa... bro, you dissin' broccoli? dem fighting words!!!

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
This is why I keep coming back to Windows Central. To commiserate about the fate of our wonderful WP10 with all you nice folks! :winktongue:

I've moved on to Android but still have a big heart for Windows Phone and I keep my ICON updated with latest Insiders builds.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've moved on to Android but still have a big heart for Windows Phone and I keep my ICON updated with latest Insiders builds.
Traveling with the iPhone 6S+ this weekend, but I'm bringing my 950XL along just in case. I already hate the iPhone camera app.. It cannot do 16:9 pics, how crazy is that! Low light performance also seems pretty pathetic compared to the Lumia.

So yeah, I've decided to go all-in on iOS for a bit, but as expected, it's definitely not all for the better! I'll be keeping an eye on WP builds as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte