Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ooh the BlackBerry KEYone has been announced today at Mobile World Congress. Mercury sounded like a nicer name but the name fits. After seeing it and hearing the specs, I am still fascinated. Even though I think I'm mostly done with Android for now, I would love to try that.

I wish that it wasn't $549 but I get the price.
I think it's nice, but I have no interest in physical keyboards anymore, since I haven't used one in over 5 years.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Ooh the BlackBerry KEYone has been announced today at Mobile World Congress. Mercury sounded like a nicer name but the name fits. After seeing it and hearing the specs, I am still fascinated. Even though I think I'm mostly done with Android for now, I would love to try that.

Interesting.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think it's nice, but I have no interest in physical keyboards anymore, since I haven't used one in over 5 years.
That's understandable. The fact that it is different is refreshing to me even though I have never used a physical keyboard.

My sediments exactly yet finding the design somewhat appealing.
Yes the design is really nice! They did well.

Interesting.

Why do you say that? Is it the look of it? Specs?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
That's understandable. The fact that it is different is refreshing to me even though I have never used a physical keyboard.

Yes the design is really nice! They did well.

Why do you say that? Is it the look of it? Specs?

I'm a former Blackberry user so their "different" designs always interest me. Also the fact that they think there's still a market for PKB phones. They live in an alternative universe.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Huawei's EMUI is terrible. When i got my Honor 5x I didn't even wait one day to install Nova Launcher mostly due to EMUI creating a new icon for everything that got installed a la Lenovo and a 3rd party launcher being required to have a normal app drawer. I did hear that with the nougat update on the Honor 8 you could at least enable an app drawer. Keeping things on topic Microsoft wise you could try their Arrow launcher.
Nova Launcher is my preferred Launcher too. I tried emulating Windows Phone Tiles with an appropriate Launcher at one point but in the end the novelty wore off and it made me realize that I can take it leave it as far as the Windows Tiles are concerned.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

So what is your daily driver now?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
It's not just you at all. I have noticed that some Android phones play differently when it comes to the whole contacts from Outlook thing. I normally do the Exchange way so that I can read and add. That generally works but not with Sony phones on MM.

Anyway, I get you on this and I deal with the same thing on my Honor 8. It somehow made my outlook have three accounts: Outlook, Exchange and Corporate. So adding any contacts is just confusing and I don't add when I am using that phone. I just add on my iphone and sync or online and sync. Stupid yes, but it works and my events and contacts don't get lost.

I hate to be one of those that say it just works on iOS but it really does when it comes to this. I never have any issues and Outlook accounts are added as exchange accounts by default.

I know it's probably not the easiest way but it works for me. I use Office 2016 along with an app called Akruto. It allows me to set up Exchange Accounts that works with Office 2016 for My X3 and my iPhone 6s plus quite nicely. It also worked for android when I had an Android phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I know it's probably not the easiest way but it works for me. I use Office 2016 along with an app called Akruto. It allows me to set up Exchange Accounts that works with Office 2016 for My X3 and my iPhone 6s plus quite nicely. It also worked for android when I had an Android phone.
Thank you for the suggestion!

Mr Holle

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
This thread is for you! Please let us know which device you had, which device you are switching to, and why you are switching.
Got a Lumia 930 as business phone. I decided to report my phone broken so that I get an Samsung Galaxy A3 instead. After updating to WM10 the microphone stops working at the Moment I turn on the Speaker. It's a known Problem which can be solved only by downgrade OS. But if that helps, an update for WM10 would do the same, but Looks like nobody cares at MS.
But anyway I am happy about the stupid bug, because this way I could get rid of my Lumia.
Network strength is always worse than my private mobile phone, battery is empty after 1,5 days without doing much with the phone, but the worst Thing about Windows phones is the lack of apps. I was looking for a babyphone app... nope, was looking for a good app to resize pictures... nope. And that's always the same, whatever I am looking for.
My mum has the Lumia 630, which is actually working better than my Lumia 930 and as she is doing very rudimentary Things with it, it's actually not that bad for her. But for me with it's a nightmare.
Just tried to send a Picture by mail. Using add Pictures Ends up with a 5 MB photo. Tried to resize it... without success. At the end I send a whatsapp message, added the Picture and afterwards I shared the Picture again - now it's in a good size. But really? Thats the Workaround for a mobile phone in 2017?
Whatever... just 2-3 weeks and I am finally able to be productive with my phone again.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Any thoughts on Google rolling out Google Assistant to phones with 6.0 and 7.0? Does anyone care? Are you going to use it?

I think it might be nice to try out on my Honor 8 but I hope we can still use Google Now.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Any thoughts on Google rolling out Google Assistant to phones with 6.0 and 7.0? Does anyone care? Are you going to use it?

I think it might be nice to try out on my Honor 8 but I hope we can still use Google Now.

Google Assistant is not yet available in my country(India) though my phone is on 7.0 and some other phones of my family members are on 6.0.We have English India as our phone language and region is India. I believe it will be available later in the year.
I will try it out when it becomes available.
BTW,have you got back your Android phone ?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Google Assistant is not yet available in my country(India) though my phone is on 7.0 and some other phones of my family members are on 6.0.We have English India as our phone language and region is India. I believe it will be available later in the year.
I will try it out when it becomes available.
BTW,have you got back your Android phone ?

Not yet. It has already arrived at the repair center. I'm just waiting now. They originally told me it can take 7-10 business days.

Woodchuck3400

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

I use it on my S7 but it's nowhere as good as Cortana. It will interact with most apps, except the Amazon Music app which kills me while driving. Samsung Play wants to show me videos versus songs I own and loaded into my phone. Reminders are terrible and border being imperceptible, especially location based. No snooze or complete, just shows up in notification and don't miss the beep. Works really well for voice dictation while texting and web searches. OK Google doesn't not work all of the time on my phone.

Hope that helps.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use it on my S7 but it's nowhere as good as Cortana. It will interact with most apps, except the Amazon Music app which kills me while driving. Samsung Play wants to show me videos versus songs I own and loaded into my phone. Reminders are terrible and border being imperceptible, especially location based. No snooze or complete, just shows up in notification and don't miss the beep. Works really well for voice dictation while texting and web searches. OK Google doesn't not work all of the time on my phone.

Hope that helps.

Sounds like it doesn't, really.

:winktongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel