Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Edge works really well at least on higher end devices. It's very fast on my 1520 and 950 Xl. It just absolutely demolishes the battery. I mean an hour at the most of using Edge and the battery goes from 100% to 0%. The only issue is that it still doesn't sync favorites from Edge on other devices to Edge on the phone because..well...Microsoft.
You have to set it up but I have my bookmarks from IE11, Firefox and mobile IE11 synced up. Don't ask me how it's done since I did it when W10M first came out.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It used to work when W10M 1st came out. It stopped around the time of the Anniverdary update or shortly after. I have spent countles hours across all my devices and even contacted MS support regarding the issue. To this day, across 3 W10M phones, none of them will sync the favorites that I have syncing across all my other devices. My laptop, Surface and Surface Pro, Kangaroo, and Nuvision tablet all sync correctly. Not 1 of my phones syncs favorites at all.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have had my iPhone SE for almost a year and I still really like it a lot. Now that new storage levels have been announced, I'm debating if I should upgrade to the 32gb or not. I'm one of those weirdos who is fine with 16gb.

In related news, I have a Pixel on the way and since I just dropped money for that, I don't know if I want to drop more money at this time for a storage bump, but I don't think I would be opposed to doing it next month though LOL.
I might do the SE upgrade at some point but not anytime soon. I only use about 7-8 gb on my phones (yes I checked them all). I'll have to give the Pixel a chance first.

On that note about the Pixel, I'm both excited and nervous about it. Excited because I finally have a great small Android phone to hopefully really like. Nervous because "stock" Android might not interest me. The Honor 8 has a lot of cool additions that I like and going from that to the Pixel is scary.

Snoops8

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Kind of a side note, but how are you using Edge on a Windows 8 machine?

Wasn't it called Edge? It wasn't IE. Maybe I have the name wrong. I upgraded all machines to Win 10 awhile ago, but I remember the touch-screen based version of the browser was just so slow.

So is the consensus that Edge on Win 10 mobile really that much of a battery hog though? That can't be true for everyone right?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't it called Edge? It wasn't IE. Maybe I have the name wrong. I upgraded all machines to Win 10 awhile ago, but I remember the touch-screen based version of the browser was just so slow.

So is the consensus that Edge on Win 10 mobile really that much of a battery hog though? That can't be true for everyone right?
I think it's a device and/or settings issue. I couldn't be happier with the battery life on the Idol. Because of the app gap, I use Edge on a very regular basis.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think it's a device and/or settings issue. I couldn't be happier with the battery life on the Idol. Because of the app gap, I use Edge on a very regular basis.

Yeah I have to agree. On my experience with the 950 and its okay battery life, the Edge drain is way more noticeable. On a phone like the 4S, it probably feels less bad.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So I got my Pixel yesterday and it's really fast. The only thing I'm missing so far from the Honor 8 is that it has a silent mode. I'm missing that the most. The fact that it's either vibrate or a dnd mode is an annoying thing I forgot that "stock" android like phones have.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
So I got my Pixel yesterday and it's really fast. The only thing I'm missing so far from the Honor 8 is that it has a silent mode. I'm missing that the most. The fact that it's either vibrate or a dnd mode is an annoying thing I forgot that "stock" android like phones have.

Wish you all the best with your new Pixel.
Do you have the Honor 8 as well now ? ☺️

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wish you all the best with your new Pixel.
Do you have the Honor 8 as well now ? ☺️

Thank you! I do still have it, but I plan to go a week with the Pixel and see how I like it. If it goes well, I'll add another week. And after that 2nd week (or maybe even during), I'll sell one of the two for sure.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
That can be interesting to try out. I don't have anything against Sony. Just tired of their smaller phones having cameras that suck in low light. The XZ is probably different though.

I really haven't tried low light photos with the XZ so I cannot say if also doesn't suck. That phone has just been a phone for trying on Android for size. Since swapping my sim from my 950 to my iPhone 7 plus there is one huge feature of the iPhone that is making it very hard to swap my sim to the XZ and that is battery life. The 7+ battery life is absolutely amazing. I was just recently out of town for 2 nights and I didn't even bother to bring a charger when packing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I really haven't tried low light photos with the XZ so I cannot say if also doesn't suck. That phone has just been a phone for trying on Android for size. Since swapping my sim from my 950 to my iPhone 7 plus there is one huge feature of the iPhone that is making it very hard to swap my sim to the XZ and that is battery life. The 7+ battery life is absolutely amazing. I was just recently out of town for 2 nights and I didn't even bother to bring a charger when packing.

Ohh okay, I see. Wow, I can believe that. I have heard that the battery life of the 7+ is excellent. My coworker loves that about it too.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Now they've really done it. I don't know if it's league-wide or just the American Airlines Arena but no more paper tickets to see my beloved Miami Heat. Have to download an app to buy and scan tickets at the gate and guess who doesn't have the app?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Now they've really done it. I don't know if it's league-wide or just the American Airlines Arena but no more paper tickets to see my beloved Miami Heat. Have to download an app to buy and scan tickets at the gate and guess who doesn't have the app?

That's messed up! Not sure why they decided to do that. :straight:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

You know what we recommend here: dump them and go support someone who supports you! :sweaty:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The app is from NBA.com so it might be across the entire league. Oh well, baseball season is upon us so Go Fish!! Marlins Park has plenty of offsite parking too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You know what we recommend here: dump them and go support someone who supports you! :sweaty:

Haha. I don't understand the .01% of people who quit using eBay because they pulled their app. Nope, not going to join them. It's not worth the inconvenience.

The app is from NBA.com so it might be across the entire league. Oh well, baseball season is upon us so Go Fish!! Marlins Park has plenty of offsite parking too.

Nice! I'm looking forward to the new season. I don't have an interest in following spring training.

That's a bummer about being across the entire league though. In my opinion, mobile tickets are nice as an option but not as the only one. Your phone could randomly die, the connection could be very slow. Paper generally always works well.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 640 XL died late last week, so, I had to start looking for a new phone. :(

I started by looking at iPhones and then made my way to Android phones...

After much research and online shopping, I bought a brand new Lumia 1520 from eBay! lol

It is scheduled for arrival in a couple days!

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 640 XL died late last week, so, I had to start looking for a new phone. :(

I started by looking at iPhones and then made my way to Android phones...

After much research and online shopping, I bought a brand new Lumia 1520 from eBay! lol

It is scheduled for arrival in a couple days!

Enjoy!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

Easy to explain: By putting the ticket on the phone they save print ticket stock, the hardware to print the ticket, the people necessary to print the tickets.

As I have stated on this site before, I work for the Arizona Diamondbacks in the ticket office selling tickets. We use the BallPark app for IOS and Android (sorry no windows app available). From there they can check in at the gate, upgrade to a higher priced section and even order their food seat side for delivery.

If they insist that we provide a hard copy ticket, (especially older folks and non tecky people), we charge them $3 per ticket to print and if they want to upgrade, we charge them a fee to upgrade plus the difference in price of the ticket. This is our third year of doing this. We got a lot of resistance at first but as people have caught on, they complain less.

We do provide live customer service people at the outside ticket booths and inside the stadium as well for those that can't seem to do what they want to do. All fee's still apply.

Long winded but my point is that all pro and college sports will be going with minimal live people as time goes by.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Easy to explain: By putting the ticket on the phone they save print ticket stock, the hardware to print the ticket, the people necessary to print the tickets.

As I have stated on this site before, I work for the Arizona Diamondbacks in the ticket office selling tickets. We use the BallPark app for IOS and Android (sorry no windows app available). From there they can check in at the gate, upgrade to a higher priced section and even order their food seat side for delivery.

If they insist that we provide a hard copy ticket, (especially older folks and non tecky people), we charge them $3 per ticket to print and if they want to upgrade, we charge them a fee to upgrade plus the difference in price of the ticket. This is our third year of doing this. We got a lot of resistance at first but as people have caught on, they complain less.

We do provide live customer service people at the outside ticket booths and inside the stadium as well for those that can't seem to do what they want to do. All fee's still apply.

Long winded but my point is that all pro and college sports will be going with minimal live people as time goes by.

I can see where they would want to save that money because, you know, sports isn't making enough money off the public.
Yes, I'm purposely being sarcastic. 😉

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon