Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Instead of the best you will have to settle for "good enough"

Yep, the phone that works out the best with the least amount of compromise will do. It seems like small phones are unpopular so the Pixel will be a friend for a bit. I also have the SE, which is nice too but the Pixel has better radios.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I learned something else can happen when you switch SIMs a lot, which sucks but I guess it is what it is.

I was having issues sending and receiving MMS on my Pixel and I didn't know why. For some reason, each time I removed my sim from the Pixel and then put it back in, it downloaded new apn settings EVERY time (and the old ones were already there too), which confused the phone. I had to reset my network settings to have everything work again.

I'm going to take a break from switching for a bit, really don't want to go through the hassle of getting a new sim until I must.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I saw that too, it is pretty cool.

I do always like when I go back and pick up an older phone like the 822 or even my old HTC Trophy. Its a nice nostalgic feeling, but I think the 4.7-5.2" screen size is basically the sweet spot for me. Small enough for easy one-handed use and to slide into any pocket, but big enough to easily read on or watch a video from time to time.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I know I said what I said but I'm going back to my SE. My hand was forced thanks to issues with my recent phones, which includes the Pixel.

These issues are phone ones and not SIM ones. I'm done. Even though getting a new SIM is a pain, I'm going to be a good gal and do it soon, hopefully today if I have time.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
When I switch the SIM to my iPhone 6s (updated to latest iOS) ... I get a pop-up window on the display that states, "Your SIM sent a text" ---... just started that with latest iOS update followed by a restore/set up as new reset. First time that happened I looked into my text messages and there was no record of what the heck my SIM texted ---- and to whom. (-_-)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
When I switch the SIM to my iPhone 6s (updated to latest iOS) ... I get a pop-up window on the display that states, "Your SIM sent a text" ---... just started that with latest iOS update followed by a restore/set up as new reset. First time that happened I looked into my text messages and there was no record of what the heck my SIM texted ---- and to whom. (-_-)
That's so weird. That also sounds very annoying too.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It's your iPhone trying to communicate with your carrier to see if there's any updates. It's annoying to no end and I got it when I updated to 10.3.1 too. I wish I remembered how I got rid of it but I'm sure there's an answer on the internetz.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It's your iPhone trying to communicate with your carrier to see if there's any updates. It's annoying to no end and I got it when I updated to 10.3.1 too. I wish I remembered how I got rid of it but I'm sure there's an answer on the internetz.
Sounds like I'm going to continue with tapping later when this pops up to install the update.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with MMS on my Pixel too. Sometimes they wouldn't download or send. I would have to restart it to get them to work. Don't think it was a SIM issue, just an annoying one given it is a $750 phone.

Still holding strong on W10M now. The issues with the camera now not focusing with the Creator's Update does make me carry the Pixel with me as well sometimes though.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had issues with MMS on my Pixel too. Sometimes they wouldn't download or send. I would have to restart it to get them to work. Don't think it was a SIM issue, just an annoying one given it is a $750 phone.

Still holding strong on W10M now. The issues with the camera now not focusing with the Creator's Update does make me carry the Pixel with me as well sometimes though.
It's an Android Nougat issue. I have the same problem with MMS on my G5. I have to tell people to send pictures via email, talk about workarounds.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Ignorant.

That makes two of us though.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
Sorry, showing my age. AppleTalk was a proprietary (big shock!) networking technology used for Mac PC's in the late '80s / early '90s before TCP/IP became more standard. Though slow (by comparison to NetWare) it worked.

Inside the Mac OS: A look at AppleTalk and zones | Macworld

I configured multiple networks with NetWare and AppleTalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium