Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Wait! What abou the OP5 coming in 2 weeks?
Don't really care for the dash charging I prefer quick charge 3.0 and the axon has 2 years warranty and insurance with a $80 deductible included with it

I've heard one plus has bad customer service support. I like their phones tho when the price comes down on it i may get one to try it out but I'm sure that phone will be close to $500

Sent from Idol 4s

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Saw that and that's got me hyped lol

So how do i go about getting my contacts and synced sms history over to android?

Sent from Idol 4s
I think you export to sd card and import from there. Stood that on my son's device when he squelched from WP to Android then to iPhone

I was just noticing how much nicer Tapatalk is on my Iphone than on my Elite X3. Bummer.

fb6f3ec57c27c404dac1c4d8b8085d6c.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So how do i go about getting my contacts and synced sms history over to android?

Sent from Idol 4s

From what I hear, transferring SMS might be possible but I have no idea how to do it.

For your contacts, you can add your ms account as an exchange account and you should have access to them that way.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
My dilemma is I bot into the echo system just to have things drop off (MS Band). I absolutely LOVE the Windows phone so I've gotten by with an Android tablet to fill some of the apps. And I'm encouraged when MS comes out with WP updates and new apps like Story Remix. But I fear that my phone/watch will die and I'm not sure if that will be my push to change. Hoping MS announces a device that is amazing and it brings developers back. Would think the Surface line would have started to do that and the fact that pc's can run apps. But every time I see a new app that looks cool, it isn't supported. I buy camera's that don't support WP. Frustrating. So I'm giving myself until July to see if anything is announced. And I'm researching the other platforms to see where I would go.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried mTalk? It's the best Tapatalk client I've seen anywhere and it's only available on W10M.

I tend to disagree. I use mTalk in my X3 and 950 XL. I love the simple interface, but the message posting is horrid. Always had to rotate the screen to get the cursor visible. This eye phone version doesn't have the formatting isaies and has yet to give me bizarre inet connect errors

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
loll

Need to stop multitasking.

By the way, it is amazing how difficult it is to put custom notifications and ring tones in an Iphone

I keep a folder in my OneDrive specifically for custom iPhone ringtones. The whole conversion thing is something you want to do once and keep locked away securely for all time.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Mainly which app is better on battery life. I've read about issues with battery drain on the stock mail app

Sent from Idol 4s

Nine client is my favorite on Android, but only works with EAS or Outlook.com/Google Apps accounts. Though they may have released a newer version...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Don't really care for the dash charging I prefer quick charge 3.0 and the axon has 2 years warranty and insurance with a $80 deductible included with it

I've heard one plus has bad customer service support. I like their phones tho when the price comes down on it i may get one to try it out but I'm sure that phone will be close to $500

Sent from Idol 4s

It might be, I owned a OP3 prior to being committed more to W10M. For what you get in the phone at the price point is where they score though. You should wait to see what they have, unless the ZTE is on sale for a short while...

I tend to bounce around at times to try new devices/mobile hw and I just bought a Moto Z Play unlocked off Swappa, and you might find a cheaper ZTE there or OP phone...but I bought the Moto out of bit of curiosity in trying to see how Windows-like it can be made as. Though it takes forever to get an Android device to my standards (customizing and all) so I may not use it for long...will see how it goes though.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Originally Posted by Sedp23 Saw that and that's got me hyped lol
Sent from Idol 4s

I think you export to sd card and import from there. Stood that on my son's device when he squelched from WP to Android then to iPhone

I think there is a Bluetooth transfer app for most all data.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I'll try that
Found something interesting. I'd read that the Iphone is LCD and not as saturated at the OLED screens. I can see that now. Blooms looks washed out on my Iphone compared to my X3.

1aefa73b7156164231597fc7ed9825e8.jpg

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The flip side of using the iPhone 7 is that not all images appear in Tapatalk but I didn't have this problem with iOS 9. I can see this as possibly annoying if I have to keep going into web view to see images. I'll see. First charge lasted 21 hours (which is pathetic imo). Time to try it for a work day tomorrow.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I keep a folder in my OneDrive specifically for custom iPhone ringtones. The whole conversion thing is something you want to do once and keep locked away securely for all time.

I did the same thing. It is a pain, but nice to only have to do once. I do hate the iphone's need for itunes, and try to minimize it as much as possible.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site

Sent from Idol 4s

Contacts an email should work fine. You'll login to your Microsoft account and your contacts and email should move over fine. If any trouble occurs you may need to install Outlook for Android to get your contacts.

SMS may prove trickier. If you have the option to Sync SMS messages between devices enabled (where you get notifications on your Windows 10 computer for all your SMS messages, calls. voicemails etc.) you'll probably loose that unless you install a third party app on your phone & computer (pushbullet & airdroid come to mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo