Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Finding ANY app without ads on Android can be a mission.

Agreed, though i have heard about adblockers on rooted Android phones(i recall one called Adaway) that literally used to custom hosts file (which gets updated regulary) to block virtually all ads. I have heard mixed reports about things that it breaks though.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, though i have heard about adblockers on rooted Android phones(i recall one called Adaway) that literally used to custom hosts file (which gets updated regulary) to block virtually all ads. I have heard mixed reports about things that it breaks though.
That culture needs to change. People need to demand ad-free solutions without having to resort to rooting and other hacks. If there's one incontrovertible fact of life is that nature's a mother, so nothing is free. I'm well aware that there are many who can't afford flagship phones and that's cool. Paid apps should be an option for anyone willing to pay for an ad-free experience. More than half of my app collection is paid and the ones that aren't are 1st party, free for everyone like PayPal, etc. I'll be the first in line to buy a paid version of Chrome if it means no ads.

As long as Android users cling to the XDA mentality of root and ROM to achieve certain results, there will always be ads and bloat.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
mytube is one of the really great windows apps. I just dealt with the ads on default youtube when I was using Android (and still on iOS).
I've read that there's a similar app (no adds) on Android I wanted to try it but forgot what it's called. I have a Xbox one so I still get my fix of mytube everyday lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss