Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutlawFirebird

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Goodbye Windows Mobile

I've been a loyal Windows Phone user from the beginning. Today I ordered the Android Google Pixel 2. I'll never understand how Microsoft could screw up so badly and leave us. Even Bill Gates now has an Android.

I preordered the xl, I like windows and Microsoft products, but they always just seem to randomly give up. Zune, windows phones, band, music service. all great devices that would of done better if they marketed them right. surprise the xbox is still a thing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the double post but some of you already know about my thoughts about the Xperia XZ1 Compact. I'm not going to re-review it here but basically I'm going to keep it. I have been really satisfied with it. It's great to finally have the performance of the Pixel in something a little bigger than the iPhone SE. If you wish to read my long review, you can check it out here.

The low light issue I previously mentioned is resolved with changing the color temperature and/or using another camera app so bye bye Pixel and iPhone SE.

Yep, you read that right. I'm giving up my Pixel and iPhone SE for this. With this, the iPhone SE no longer has a gain for me. In fact, I haven't turned it on for weeks now and I don't miss it. It's taking everything in me not to sell those two today. I'll give it a week but my boxes are ready. The SE isn't worth much because of that value tank (and low storage to start with), so I'll probably trade it in.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Now that Pixel 2 reviews are dropping, I feel conflicted. Again, it's that camera. I'm sure that I want to give up the SE for the XZ1 Compact but I'm debating about the Pixel. There's no headphone jack and I'm sure that I would miss that, but now that Google decided to fix their trade-in, I don't know.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Now that Pixel 2 reviews are dropping, I feel conflicted. Again, it's that camera. I'm sure that I want to give up the SE for the XZ1 Compact but I'm debating about the Pixel. There's no headphone jack and I'm sure that I would miss that, but now that Google decided to fix their trade-in, I don't know.
I knew your previous post was too good to be true. 😂

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I knew your previous post was too good to be true. ������

So mean to me...lol

It's hard but I did feel that way yesterday.

When it goes back to reminding myself what I need in a phone, the XZ1C has everything. Image quality isn't terrible at all in low light but it isn't Pixel level. At the same time, neither is the A3 and I was good with that.

Thinking about what I could have is wasted brainpower. Going Pixel means less battery life. New Pixel means no headphone jack which I'll miss having. In every phone I own, I find myself always concerned about battery life so downgrading might not be worth it. I should just deal with them so I don't have to deal with this back and forth stuff. Sorry I'm rambling, lol.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
And the struggle continues, just when we thought you were set for a while.

The Pixel 2 is tempting. If the regular one had the improved design of the XL it would be even more so. Like you said the camera is really the selling point for me, but I'm not biting this year. I'm going to keep my SE, see if a new one is announced next year, and if not then decide what to do. I will most likely stay on iOS, but Android does have a way of calling to me, and who knows what Microsoft will do. It is both a good and bad time to be interested in phone tech, too many good choices.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
And the struggle continues, just when we thought you were set for a while.

The Pixel 2 is tempting. If the regular one had the improved design of the XL it would be even more so. Like you said the camera is really the selling point for me, but I'm not biting this year. I'm going to keep my SE, see if a new one is announced next year, and if not then decide what to do. I will most likely stay on iOS, but Android does have a way of calling to me, and who knows what Microsoft will do. It is both a good and bad time to be interested in phone tech, too many good choices.
Going to stick to my words of my original post...

I totally agree about the choices. Choice can be bad sometimes. You're smart to not bite on the Pixel 2. I think that's a great plan. The SE is great, we'll see what happens next year.

Not rambling....just undecided. :winktongue:

True. I took my own advice to make a pros and cons list...and as expected the XZ1C won. Funny enough, at the beginning of the year, I wrote a phone note (really a rule) to myself to stick to what phone meets my needed foundation. Going for the Pixel will fail it. I mean, it would work but I would find myself wishing for a shorter phone.

Everything is pointing to the XZ1C, including finally going back to three phones, which I want to do badly.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
True. I took my own advice to make a pros and cons list...and as expected the XZ1C won. Funny enough, at the beginning of the year, I wrote a phone note (really a rule) to myself to stick to what phone meets my needed foundation. Going for the Pixel will fail it. I mean, it would work but I would find myself wishing for a shorter phone.

Everything is pointing to the XZ1C, including finally going back to three phones, which I want to do badly.

Are you a Gilmore Girls fan with the pros and cons list?

Going back to 3 phones?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Are you a Gilmore Girls fan with the pros and cons list?

Going back to 3 phones?

Nah. I just like making them because they usually help me make a decision.

Yep, before the Pixel came back in and the now this XZ1 Compact, I had 3 phones. Now I have 5 and it's 2 too many.

The other 2 phones will be the Galaxy A3 and the Lumia 650. The Galaxy A3 is a solid phone and it serves as my overseas travel phone (it's also dual sim so this works out well for that) and of course a great backup phone. The Lumia 650 is for my need to always have a foot in the Windows 10 Mobile world. It still feels nice to use and hold with my Mozo wood back.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Nah. I just like making them because they usually help me make a decision.

Yep, before the Pixel came back in and the now this XZ1 Compact, I had 3 phones. Now I have 5 and it's 2 too many.

The other 2 phones will be the Galaxy A3 and the Lumia 650. The Galaxy A3 is a solid phone and it serves as my overseas travel phone (it's also dual sim so this works out well for that) and of course a great backup phone. The Lumia 650 is for my need to always have a foot in the Windows 10 Mobile world. It still feels nice to use and hold with my Mozo wood back.

Interesting. So you are hopping out of iOS completely?

I have been thinking of picking up a Pixel again, or maybe an XL, just to have an Android.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. So you are hopping out of iOS completely?

I have been thinking of picking up a Pixel again, or maybe an XL, just to have an Android.

For now, yes. The strongest hold for the SE for me was the size and performance together and solid back camera. Last year's Sony phone came close but the camera was bad. The XZ1 Compact finally fixed the camera processing and the performance is great, along with the battery life so there isn't a reason for me to have it.

I plan to do a small shootout soon between the two because so many want to know and see for themselves, and I want to see it too.

The price that Pixels are going for now, is pretty decent.

Last edited:

krazyatom

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
For now, yes. The strongest hold for the SE for me was the size and performance together and solid back camera. Last year's Sony phone came close but the camera was bad. The XZ1 Compact finally fixed the camera processing and the performance is great, along with the battery life so there isn't a reason for me to have it.

I plan to do a small shootout soon between the two because so many want to know and see for themselves, and I want to see it too.
Xz1 compact camera got an update recently? Cool

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if I want to give up the Pixel. The only loss for it is that battery life is just good and not very good. Considering holding on to it until I know what I want to do with it.

The Pixel's low light camera performance has ruined my phone life (I'm being sarcastic but it's true to a point). Everything seems to fall very short.
The A3 is still on MM until Samsung decides to update my model of the A3 (it has updated others).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234