Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
@libra89 ... That Sony compact had me interested. But ... I thought to myself "don't be silly" because I know I'd wish for larger display just like the regular iPhone 6s I had so I didn't bite the bullet (it really looks like an awesome device).

I decided against the Pixel 2 (not XL) ... came to a conclusion that I'm somewhat content with what I'm using (Idol 4s, 8 Plus, and the V30).

I really liked the Sony Xperia X3 .. ? too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
@libra89 ... That Sony compact had me interested. But ... I thought to myself "don't be silly" because I know I'd wish for larger display just like the regular iPhone 6s I had so I didn't bite the bullet (it really looks like an awesome device).

I decided against the Pixel 2 (not XL) ... came to a conclusion that I'm somewhat content with what I'm using (Idol 4s, 8 Plus, and the V30).

I really liked the Sony Xperia X3 .. ? too.

Yeah I think you will notice the size immediately and since all of your phones are bigger, you'll regret it. It's pretty cool, it's solid in almost all areas. Camera processing has been improved but I still find myself having to fix/adjust colors in low light. I have had to use another app to be pleased...

Maybe you mean the Z3? I remember you having that one.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Alright, One More Bites The Dust

With my beautiful young bride complaining of constant memory issues, inability to take more than two photos, and lack of apps, I switched her.

Our older son had gone from a beautiful Note 7 to a decent S7 before jumping to a LG v20. The S7 is unused so I spent a few weekends converting contacts and importing messages so she can have a working device. The 640 is now on permanent standby. Also the SIM is a micro so I cut down to match the nano in the S7.

All I have left are my 950xl and X3.

f868513a21dce820f6c3bb91a139a1a9.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes! That's what it was.

\o/

So I am backtracking on selling the SE. Considering that it is a 16gb SE, the value sucks right now. We all know that phones tank but the SE has tanked the most (for an iPhone). Selling it means that I would lose more than I did with the faulty Pixel I had, which is crazy.

I still hate having 5 phones though, but maybe I should consider having 4?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
LOL! Is having only 4 phones considered running lean for you? :wink:

I should have known that you would ask me that, lol.

Ideally 3 is enough for me, one of each OS. I have no plans to sell my 650 or my Galaxy A3, and I guess the SE is forcefully part of this mix.

I wouldn't mind using the A3 as it is pretty good all around but it's lacking 7.0 which will make a true difference for it. Some A3 models around the world have gotten this update so it is coming but it isn't there yet. Trust that I check this every other day lol. Some of my apps that used to work are not working how they should because of the software.

If you don't sell now, it will continue to tank until zero.??????

Fortunately, it is not as bad as it is on the Windows Mobile side but it's really bad for an iPhone. I think it would be worth to hold on it until the refreshed SE rumor comes to life or not...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The endless search for the perfect phone.
An exercise in futility.
Yes and no. I don't think it makes sense to settle for something when you are paying a lot for it, especially if it is something that you'll use daily.
Every phone can fall short somehow but as long as it doesn't fall short on something important to you, that's fine.

Like all of the people who find issue with the Pixel 2 XL display have to choose if it bothers them enough to return or keep. Considering the cost of it, it doesn't make sense to settle, but that's just me.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes and no. I don't think it makes sense to settle for something when you are paying a lot for it, especially if it is something that you'll use daily.
Every phone can fall short somehow but as long as it doesn't fall short on something important to you, that's fine.

Like all of the people who find issue with the Pixel 2 XL display have to choose if it bothers them enough to return or keep. Considering the cost of it, it doesn't make sense to settle, but that's just me.

Perfectly understood, but at the same time, purchasing and selling devices continuously (something I used to do!) isn’t cost effective either. Plus it adds undo stress I don’t need in my life.
Let’s face it, most of us on forums like this do a lot of the same things. Buy multiple devices, switch, evaluate, sell etc. I just find it interesting, thus my comment. It’s like we’re looking for the holy grail.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Perfectly understood, but at the same time, purchasing and selling devices continuously (something I used to do!) isn’t cost effective either. Plus it adds undo stress I don’t need in my life.
Let’s face it, most of us on forums like this do a lot of the same things. Buy multiple devices, switch, evaluate, sell etc. I just find it interesting, thus my comment. It’s like we’re looking for the holy grail.
Yeah I don't disagree with you on that. Selling is a pain and buying them often does get expensive.

I'll admit that I am seeking the best possible fit for me. At this time, two devices meet the mark and I am determined to find it. As someone who only uses smaller phones, the choices are just a handful.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I don't disagree with you on that. Selling is a pain and buying them often does get expensive.

I'll admit that I am seeking the best possible fit for me. At this time, two devices meet the mark and I am determined to find it. As someone who only uses smaller phones, the choices are just a handful.

Yup, that limits the choices since the sizes have become larger. Well, at least you’re having fun!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yup, that limits the choices since the sizes have become larger. Well, at least you’re having fun!
I am to an extent but I look forward to having a break from this. Especially since my messages don't move over, it's kinda annoying to remember what phone has what message.

Debating between the Pixel or XZ1 Compact currently. I don't think it's a good idea to have both lol...
If I only had these two, it wouldn't bother me much.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I am to an extent but I look forward to having a break from this. Especially since my messages don't move over, it's kinda annoying to remember what phone has what message.

Debating between the Pixel or XZ1 Compact currently. I don't think it's a good idea to have both lol...
If I only had these two, it wouldn't bother me much.
The Pixl 2 is getting terrible reviews for display issues. I'm very surprised as I would think Google would have hit it out of the park. But apparently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05