Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The Pixl 2 is getting terrible reviews for display issues. I'm very surprised as I would think Google would have hit it out of the park. But apparently not.

Yeah I noticed that with the Pixels. The big one has bad colors, and the small one has some issues with pixels. It is disappointing, and as much as that sucks, it doesn't have me regretting cancelling my order at all.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I noticed that with the Pixels. The big one has bad colors, and the small one has some issues with pixels. It is disappointing, and as much as that sucks, it doesn't have me regretting cancelling my order at all.
For sure, I hope everything works out well for you. It's a crap shoot anymore. I purchased a V10 loved it, but after the warranty period it went boot loop on me. I was so frustrated. These things are too expensive for them to behave like that

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
For sure, I hope everything works out well for you. It's a crap shoot anymore. I purchased a V10 loved it, but after the warranty period it went boot loop on me. I was so frustrated. These things are too expensive for them to behave like that

Oh no, that sucks about the V10. I totally agree! Thank you, I'll be good once I figure out what phone to use, which I'm working on.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I did the shootout between the SE and the XZ1 Compact and I'm keeping both after looking at the pictures. I'll be selling the Pixel. The camera is better but not the battery life. I am enjoying "forgetting" to check my battery stats because it's so good on the XZ1C.

Edit: I'm having a weird app issue with my A3 (tried uninstalling and reinstalling), it might be on the block of devices to sell. As for devices to sell, my mind keeps changing.

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I did the shootout between the SE and the XZ1 Compact and I'm keeping both after looking at the pictures. I'll be selling the Pixel. The camera is better but not the battery life. I am enjoying "forgetting" to check my battery stats because it's so good on the XZ1C.

Edit: I'm having a weird app issue with my A3 (tried uninstalling and reinstalling), it might be on the block of devices to sell. As for devices to sell, my mind keeps changing.

I think it makes sense to sell the A3. The XZ1 seems to fill the void for you.

What do you want for your Pixel? Send me a PM if you want.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
This feels like the most indecisive time since I have been a chronic switcher. I would like to say that I'm confident in a decision but then I feel like I'm settling. A part of me just wants to send some of these away so that I can let go of the possibility. Starting to wonder if it was easier to be a Windows fan, I'm pretty sure it was lol.

I have had different things in my cart for the past few days to support any of these decisions. For the Pixel, a battery pack. For the XZ1 Compact, a case and a screen protector. I have put them, removed them, and then put them back but haven't checked out. I don't know if I'm just exhausted or what. I might be. If so, exhaustion/fatigue is very possible and real.

I can't say that I'll stop posting my switching struggles, I just hope to finally arrive at a decision and stick with it. Having too many options can really be a bad thing at times...

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I can't say that I'll stop posting my switching struggles, I just hope to finally arrive at a decision and stick with it. Having too many options can really be a bad thing at times...

I agree. Having too many choices (a modern first world problem) can actually be a issue.
I’m pretty sure you’ve done this but writing down your wants/needs and doing a pros/cons list can help. You have to make sure you don’t want too much though or you will never settle. You also have be prepared to make a decision knowing there is no perfect choice and be happy with it. Not easy.
Remember one big thing: you are not stuck with your decision forever. New phones come out all the time. I guess what I’m saying is this is as much about you as it is the phone. The phone can only be what it is but you can make a decision and choose to be happy with it.
We’re all in the same boat! Good luck with your decision. We’re all here for you!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree. Having too many choices (a modern first world problem) can actually be a issue.
I’m pretty sure you’ve done this but writing down your wants/needs and doing a pros/cons list can help. You have to make sure you don’t want too much though or you will never settle. You also have be prepared to make a decision knowing there is no perfect choice and be happy with it. Not easy.
Remember one big thing: you are not stuck with your decision forever. New phones come out all the time. I guess what I’m saying is this is as much about you as it is the phone. The phone can only be what it is but you can make a decision and choose to be happy with it.
We’re all in the same boat! Good luck with your decision. We’re all here for you!

Thank you! I think what makes this harder for me is that offline I am starting something that requires record keeping. For the sake of my sanity, I cannot have different texts on different phones. This is a on going thing so I have to stick with something for a while. I can switch somewhat here and there but no longer the kind of daily/weekly kind lol.

I'll probably try a more realistic pros and cons list with my wants and needs.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I think what makes this harder for me is that offline I am starting something that requires record keeping. For the sake of my sanity, I cannot have different texts on different phones. This is a on going thing so I have to stick with something for a while. I can switch somewhat here and there but no longer the kind of daily/weekly kind lol.

I'll probably try a more realistic pros and cons list with my wants and needs.

Well, it sounds like you’ve decided on the most important aspect of a phone phone for you. That’s good!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, it sounds like you’ve decided on the most important aspect of a phone phone for you. That’s good!
Thanks again. I can really do that on any phone haha. I think I'll just use OneNote for when I wish to switch and keep notes temporarily.

Your advice helped here. After making the list (honest, no fluff), the easiest fix is found with the A3. It might be a version behind but it will work well with my life with the most important needs. Ironically​ enough, it fell short on the wants side.

The rest require buying things, which means carrying more around, or it can only be fixed halfway (cough cough ZX1C). Hopefully I stick to this for longer than today haha.

Last edited:

Spaceback

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
I'm back to WP 8.1 and this is the end

After a long period on W10M I went back to WP8.1. My Lumia 640 is no longer supported so i don't see a reason to stay on a unstable OS. I have to say one last thing ( first post on windows central ), I LOVE WP 8.1. The design, the speed and the stability. W10M was a step in a wrong direction. It's not like it matters anymore but I just wanted to say thank you to Microsoft for creating WP 8.1. The Lumia 640 is still my daily driver and I love it. Everything that I need is still there. I don't think that I will buy another smartphone after my 640. My Nokia N73 is still in good shape :wink:

Once again, thank you Microsoft and Nokia for a great phone with a small price that served me great and still is. Best luck for the future.

ohmibod

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
Re: I'm back to WP 8.1 and this is the end

Just go with Android. Win 10m was wack anyways. Going forward, MS should just use win 10s for phones. Less buggy, cost less, exact same version of win 10 app as pro version. No need for uwp mess.

Spaceback

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
Re: I'm back to WP 8.1 and this is the end

No smartphones for me after my 640. I need a break from all this madness. Nokia N73 can receive calls and send messages and has a good camera. Enough for me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks again. I can really do that on any phone haha. I think I'll just use OneNote for when I wish to switch and keep notes temporarily.

Your advice helped here. After making the list (honest, no fluff), the easiest fix is found with the A3. It might be a version behind but it will work well with my life with the most important needs. Ironically​ enough, it fell short on the wants side.

The rest require buying things, which means carrying more around, or it can only be fixed halfway (cough cough ZX1C). Hopefully I stick to this for longer than today haha.

So I was hoping for an answer and I thought this was it, but I was just being hardheaded. My decision showed itself today with me regrettably bringing the wrong phone to this surprise (which was a mixed light situation). It was a struggle to get pictures and the pictures I did get showed faces somewhat but wasn't the best picture.

In my honest list, the Pixel was tied with the A3 when it came to needs. On the wants side, the Pixel was 3rd place (the other two phone leaders had more wants over needs) but the needs are more important than the wants so Pixel it is. Nothing else makes more sense, and I'm tired of being hardheaded, haha.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So I was hoping for an answer and I thought this was it, but I was just being hardheaded. My decision showed itself today with me regrettably bringing the wrong phone to this surprise (which was a mixed light situation). It was a struggle to get pictures and the pictures I did get showed faces somewhat but wasn't the best picture.

In my honest list, the Pixel was tied with the A3 when it came to needs. On the wants side, the Pixel was 3rd place (the other two phone leaders had more wants over needs) but the needs are more important than the wants so Pixel it is. Nothing else makes more sense, and I'm tired of being hardheaded, haha.

If photography is as important as you make it seem, it would appear that you need to carry a dedicated camera. Girls can tote 2-week provisions for a small garrison in their purses. I’ve seen it, it’s possible.

Have you considered that? You’re too young to be stressing out over a phone. Look at me and see the effects over time.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
If photography is as important as you make it seem, it would appear that you need to carry a dedicated camera. Girls can tote 2-week provisions for a small garrison in their purses. I’ve seen it, it’s possible.

Have you considered that? You’re too young to be stressing out over a phone. Look at me and see the effects over time.

Wise advice.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Lol @ 2 week provisions! Not me, I'm more of a light load kind of girl.

That's a great suggestion but I'm not really into photography. It's important to me because I like to have the option to be able to take good pictures just in case.
Yesterday was the perfect example of this. My mom and sister couldn't make it to this event so I had to take some pictures on their behalf.
Also some lifestyle things I do makes it important to me to have a phone that holds it's own in low light. I really appreciate your concern and get where you are coming from.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Lol @ 2 week provisions! Not me, I'm more of a light load kind of girl.

That's a great suggestion but I'm not really into photography. It's important to me because I like to have the option to be able to take good pictures just in case.
Yesterday was the perfect example of this. My mom and sister couldn't make it to this event so I had to take some pictures on their behalf.
Also some lifestyle things I do makes it important to me to have a phone that holds it's own in low light. I really appreciate your concern and get where you are coming from.

Get one of these, they’re not too big!

b5518ac324c11c39274c43dcf69f5c42.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers