Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Even if someone were to get a US version could you flash an international ROM through flashtool? I just flashed a UK ROM on my US-spec XZ to get the FP scanner working.

The US and international Xperia X differ only in minor firmware changes. Baseband (radio) is actually identical between the two. For some reason Sony will not run a fingerprint reader in the US. As near as I can tell, stripping out the fingerprint reader software is the only difference between the two variants of F5121. But for Sailfish X you must get an F5121 single SIM and not an F5122 dual SIM. That's the only proviso I've found.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The US and international Xperia X differ only in minor firmware changes. Baseband (radio) is actually identical between the two. For some reason Sony will not run a fingerprint reader in the US. As near as I can tell, stripping out the fingerprint reader software is the only difference between the two variants of F5121. But for Sailfish X you must get an F5121 single SIM and not an F5122 dual SIM. That's the only proviso I've found.

You have to have Linux to do this?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to have Linux to do this?

Nope. It wes originally planned to be flashed only under Linux, but Sony came up with a Windows 7 and up tool.

I somehow forgot to say that I'm jealous. Your battery life sounds great to me.

Then it pains me to have to inform you that 22 hours and 45 minutes in I'm still at 62%. It will probably get me through work today and last until bed time tonight. I am admittedly a light to moderate user though.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Nope. It wes originally planned to be flashed only under Linux, but Sony came up with a Windows 7 and up tool.

Then it pains me to have to inform you that 22 hours and 45 minutes in I'm still at 62%. It will probably get me through work today and last until bed time tonight. I am admittedly a light to moderate user though.

That’s good to know. Must have been recent because I was reading about needing Linux on the blog.

Thanks again!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
RumoredNow, I like you too much to hate you on that haha but that is very impressive.

So an interesting thing happened with my 8. It just randomly turned off while I was asleep. No update, and the battery life was really good. This has happened to me before with one of the 7 series iPhones that I have tried and I'm done. It's going back. If I didn't have an appointment today, I would return it today too

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
RumoredNow, I like you too much to hate you on that haha but that is very impressive.

So an interesting thing happened with my 8. It just randomly turned off while I was asleep. No update, and the battery life was really good. This has happened to me before with one of the 7 series iPhones that I have tried and I'm done. It's going back. If I didn't have an appointment today, I would return it today too

Going back for what? What will you use?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Going back for what? What will you use?
It's going back for the fact that it turned itself off. If something happens once, it's likely to happen again. I have made the mistake of making excuses for why something happened and when it happens again, I'm stumped.

I will be using my Pixel.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
By “for what” I meant for what device. Poorly written by me.
Those things can happen randomly to any device I would think. It is a pain if it forces you to miss something though. You do seem to like your Pixel. Maybe that’s the one for you!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
By “for what” I meant for what device. Poorly written by me.
Those things can happen randomly to any device I would think. It is a pain if it forces you to miss something though. You do seem to like your Pixel. Maybe that’s the one for you!

Oh okay, haha. I'm returning the 8. That's true, but as someone who was burned by chasing something that seems to be better multiple times this year, I'm trying to make smarter choices.

Yeah I like it a lot, I kind of wish that it had more battery life endurance. After using the 8 for some days now, the Pixel looks like it has way more endurance

I enjoyed the TrueTone display of the 8 but I didn't think that it was worth $300 more over the SE. Ironically, the SE had better battery life over it. I'll see what happens next year but my SE is fine on the iOS side.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I imagine as they push updates the battery life among other things will improve over time too. I am the same way, being a moderate user. My 950 XL can go 24 hrs with about 50% left. But the updates recently to Windows 10 mobile have done battery use and app/cpu resource management justice. Someone was reporting in the X3 threads that his battery life doubled after some recent app updates.

Edit: let me rephrase that...his X3 battery depletion percent per hour decreased by about 50%.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Got the price match! I also traded in my old Xbox One and redeemed a cash rebate. Final out-of-pocket costs is only like $130. W00t!!! Case and screen protector ordered already. Phone should be here Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6