Gameloft wp8 games due soon

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the gameloft "sneak peek" section in the gaming hub as well. It would be nice if there were a time delivery frame instead of 2012/2013, which 2012 didn't happen...

Its been nearly 3 months since release, and nothing is available yet. Young OS or not, they've shafted a lot of 7.X customers, and should have stuff ready for delivery pronto to make people who took a chance on this OS YET AGAIN at least feel safe they aren't getting screwed again...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly. WP8 is not stable right now. Do you guys really want a load of CPU and GPU intensive games on your phone? For what? To complain more?

I rather a stable os update than a stupid game. When Microsoft irons out their OS, then i'll be anxiously waiting for these games, till then.. when it reaches, it reaches.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What's rather funny about the above statement is that you apparently think that those things must be done exclusively from one another. Gameloft's not going to fix the OS, so why say that these games shouldn't be worked on while stability is improved? I mean, it doesn't make any sense. Should Gameloft **** there and not support the platform at all, and instead let the lack of games that people complain about get worse?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What's rather funny about the above statement is that you apparently think that those things must be done exclusively from one another. Gameloft's not going to fix the OS, so why say that these games shouldn't be worked on while stability is improved? I mean, it doesn't make any sense. Should Gameloft **** there and not support the platform at all, and instead let the lack of games that people complain about get worse?

Meh. You're missing my point, Keith. First of all, I never said anything about Gameloft fixing the OS. That's Microsofts job. Also, I never said for Gameloft to not support the platform.

My point is that people are complaining and complaining about wanting these games. They WILL come. Just wait patiently.

ME personally would prefer a stable OS way over a bunch of games.

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Meh. You're missing my point, Keith. First of all, I never said anything about Gameloft fixing the OS. That's Microsofts job. Also, I never said for Gameloft to not support the platform.

My point is that people are complaining and complaining about wanting these games. They WILL come. Just wait patiently.

ME personally would prefer a stable OS way over a bunch of games.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stable OS." What problems are you having in particular? I have the Lumia 822 and couldn't be more happy. I also have a Nexus 7 with Jellybean and it lags, force closes, freezes, has audio playback issues etc. I've had fewer software related issues than I did when I had an iPhone 4. My phone nor my wife's HTC 8X have the Portico update but neither of us need it either. No problems...maybe its a Verizon thing. :p

With that said, what does Gameloft have to do differently with Windows Phone? They are adding achievements. The games should also be optimised- all WP8 phones use the same dual core processor. There are only three different resolutions to work with. Now ask yourself why Android isn't the bigger problem for Gameloft- they are mostly all unoptimised aside from the tegra 3 phones.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought but with them announcing 12 wp8 games i suppose theres a chance there will be one at the end of the month?? And one a month after that.

But which one first i wounder? :)

For me i hope its Modern combat or nova! Something with mp!!

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll be making a strong push for more information from Gameloft soon. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, but it's definitely on my to-do list.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow... They've got Shark Dash & Jet Pack Joyride HD before us... I don't think any of you know how frustrated I feel now. If we don't get Temple Run + Jetpack Joyride + Shark Dash by the end of February I will stop defending WP until MICROSOFT stops PLAYING WITH US.
On the other hand, LOL BB10 won't survive even if they had all App Store games.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was just reading about the list of apps promised for the launch of Blackberry 10. Many of the games they list have been promised for Windows Phone for nearly a year. If Blackberry gets them first I think outrage will be justifiable.

And not just that, but I'm curious to see how some of the listed games will turn out. The new Z10 is running identical hardware to the Lumia 920 and HTC 8X; 1.5GHz dual-core Krait and Adreno 225, same resolution as the Lumia 920 and the only edge it may have is that it comes with 2GB of RAM. I'll be annoyed if games like Monopoly, Fruit Ninja and others launch for the platform running full HD as opposed to our variants stuck at 800x480.

Maybe Blackberry is helped by the fact that all they do is make phones, so they can be more focused on promoting their single platform. Microsoft has countless divisions, but you'd think given their experience with the Xbox360 and Xbox Live that things would be a bit different.

I'll reserve judgement, but now Microsoft is faced with yet another competitor who seems hungry for success. It's a bit of a concern that they've come out of the gate with apps Microsoft hasn't been able to deliver on.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw the video for Modern Combat 3 for Android....Man I want that for Windows Phone 8... Almost tempted to grab a used android device just to play that game...

That is the type of game I talk about when I say REAL GAMES with xbox live achievements please :)

Gambit11B

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
And by "soon" you mean...........???? Yeah, exactly. Remember when MS explained the new kernel and how it would make porting SOOOO much easier??? Yeah, so do I. Oh....but then why is MS bringing this up yet AGAIN when they talk about "Blue"????

Seriously frustrated with MS's epic fail with WP thus far.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05