Help with Skype - video only showing up from one side of the conversation

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, so my wife and I both have WP and are trying to set skype up so that we can use that to speak to each other while one of us is away on an upcoming trip. I liked both of our skype accounts to our microsoft accounts via the app on the phone (both of us have the latest version of skype). I sent a contact request so that we could find each other, so far so good. Then we did a test call and that is where the oddness began.

When I called her from my phone, the video that showed up on her phone was from my camera, as it is supposed to be. However, the video that showed up on my phone was also from my camera rather than hers, which is obviously not how it is supposed to be. When I called from her phone to mine, the same thing happened, but instead it was her camera's video showing up on both phones. For whatever reason, the person receiving the call is not having their video show up for the person who initiated the call.

Thoughts?

There is probably something basic I am missing, but I am brand new to skype and to WP, so I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon