Nike + Running App

Status
Not open for further replies.

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am not sure if you joggers/runners/walkers have ever used this app before on iOS or android but it is amazing.. I have switched phones continually for the past 3-4 years(BB,iOS,Android,WP 7+8) so I have had the chance to play with alot of different running apps, I like to consider myself a jogger (not as of lately) but I find that no other apps on the marketplace compare (In my opinion). Point is, has anyone heard of them working on anything for WP8? I am getting a work phone soon and I may have to get a god awful iPhone 5 just to have that app.. I hope I don't because I would love to see what WP is available in 3 months when I can get my work phone.. Anyone?

Runningman53

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
They did recently launch the Nike + Kinect for WP8 so they are not ignoring the platform but I doubt the Running app will be coming anytime soon. Have you tried Edomondo yet? I appreciate that they have made it a true cross platform app and they are always actively updating it. Edomondo even ends up with a much higher rating on ITunes than Nike as well. With that said, I can appreciate how difficult it is too give up using something that has worked well for you for a number of years. I am not so sure we will see any new WP phones announced over the next 3 months but I am sure the rumours will be flying. It is nice to know that with the current hardware/software combo, you no longer have to feel the other platforms are ahead anymore. Good luck with your decision.

dtresca

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
RunKeepr is my favorite running app. Hoping it will be coming over to WP soon. Until then, Caledos Runner has pretty decent RunKeeper integration.

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nike+ is OK on iOS, but it was awful on Android. On my One X it would hog the GPS and it wouldn't stop using it even if I closed the app, killed it from the task manager, etc. Endomondo is also available and it's nice.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to give you guys an update, I sent an email to Nike+ about when and if they were planning on releasing a Nike+ Running app for WP8. Here is my message and my reply:

I recently made the change from the iphone 4s to the Lumia 920 with windows phone 8. I was wondering If support for the Nike+ running app would be come to the windows app store anytime soon. I saw that there Nike+ Kinect app is available so I am hoping that the running app is not too far behind. Thank you.

Hello Daniel,

Although we do not yet have a version of the Nike+ Running app available for the Windows phone, I am glad to hear you have upgraded your device. I myself have a phone that does not have support for the Running app and can understand that it can be a concern to not be able to use the features you have grown accustomed to.

Currently we are paired with Apple and Android because of the seamless nature that the operating systems that those brands provide for the Nike+ apps. I do not not have an estimate at this time for a projection on a Microsoft release, but I will put the request for such an app in our feedback section and raise the issue to our technical team.

We are always striving to provide the best service to our consumers, so I recommend following Nike+ Running on twitter to stay up to the minute on all of our new releases. This would include a Microsoft compatible Running app if it should be released.

Best Regards,

Nike+ Team

It may be useful to also send Nike feedback regarding this and letting them know it's something people want.I couldn't find a "feedback" section on their site so this might just be internal. But since it has a facebook and twitter you could voice your feedback there to let them know about it :)

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I overlooked this but what is their email address? I am definitely going to send them something likewise to what you did.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
it was a bit hard to find at first but:

Nike+

hit "email us" and you fill out the form and it sends it to them. they don't have a direct email address.. they say it takes 24 hours to reply, but i got my reply in 48.. but i assume the holidays.

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Response Via Email (Mark)01/02/2013 10:08 AM
Hi Justin,

Thanks for your interest in the Nike+ Running app and it's availability on the Windows Phone 8.

Currently we have no information, regarding the Running app coming to the Windows phone.

I have shared your interest with my leadership team. I know that we are getting requests for this app.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Mark
Nike+ Team

Here is the response I got.. Hopefully we can annoy them enough!

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
haha you got your reply pretty fast! Your reply seems more generic than mine. Perhaps the rep I got has a windows phone and that is why they were more sympathetic to our cause, hehe :)

I wouldn't want to annoy them and I doubt customer feedback, when constructive and expressing interest in continuing to give them money, is a bother to them.

I feel most companies are waiting for the sales numbers to see if it's worth putting their resources towards development though i think this is something they should do regardless :) from the responses it seems like they don't have plans to even make one at the moment so i agree with having more people let them know there is a large interest for their products on our phones.

Daniel Edwards

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I used to use Nike+ and it is the only app I miss like mad in regards to having a Nokia 920. Runtastic and Caledos both have strengths and weaknesses over each other but neither have the feature set of Nike+ Running. I too contacted Nike and was told there is no plans for this to be developed but they are being asked... a lot. They come up with the plan to buy the Nike+ Tomtom GPS Sports Watch which would allow me to continue using it. ?150+, I dont think so....

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Finally! Someone who really feels my pain! The Nike + app is amazing.. I would buy the watch because it is rather cool looking but like you said, Not really worth the money.. Hopefully they get something going soon!

Daianaveeg

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I recently made the change from the iphone 4s to the Lumia 920 with windows phone 8. I was wondering If support for the Nike+ running app would be come to the windows phone Lumia 800 store anytime soon. I saw that there Nike+ Kinect app is available so I am hoping that the running app is not too far behind.
Wanted to have the nike+. Have runtastic is good but my friends have the nike +, I'd be willing to pay for the application, but not have that option ... Know when they will launch for windows phone?
Thank you.
Daiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb