04-27-2017 10:03 AM
162 ... 4567
tools
    I love Windows Phone!!
    and my 920!

-I can type efficiently using the current QWERTY keyboard even without focusing my eyes at the keyboard and it will be more efficient once I updated the KB with word flow..

- Messaging, people hub and the dial pad are easy to use!

-GLANCE!! (i know its lumia exclusive) lol.
    Genghis7777 and RusG like this.
    04-06-2014 04:07 AM
    The dialer sucks. No smart dial. The SMS app has no customizations whatsoever. Really regretting buying this obsolete 1520. It's a huge step backwards.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Obsolete? LoL. Drama much?
    It's different than what you're used to. The whole philosophy behind the design is different. There are many features that WP has that other phones don't. That doesn't make those order phones obsolete.

You may regret your ppurchase because what you are looking for differs. But obsolete? LoL

It's missing a massive amount of features that have been stock in smart phones for years.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Feature parity does take a while. Thankfully they're adding them at a pretty good pace.

There's nothing wrong with not liking your phone because it doesn't do stuff your other phone did. But I just thought the "obsolete" comment was funny. You know that you were being a little dramatic there.

Hopefully the updates keep coming fast and furious. I'm really happy with 8.1, but I totally understand that some people are used to other features that WP doesn't have yet.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 09-17-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    04-24-2014 01:28 AM
    It's interesting that the latest Android announcements include features and design elements that mimic Windows Phone according to Thurrott. That's a salute to Microsoft. These days everyone seems to copy each other's features without embarrassment. Windows Phone just has to keep innovating relentlessly whilst match teaching with its rivals. Blackberry once looked unassailable, as did Apple. Currently Android does. Microsoft has every reason to press on.

Sent from my RM-915_apac_australia_new_zealand_214 using Tapatalk
    06-27-2014 11:08 AM
    It's interesting that the latest Android announcements include features and design elements that mimic Windows Phone according to Thurrott. That's a salute to Microsoft. These days everyone seems to copy each other's features without embarrassment. Windows Phone just has to keep innovating relentlessly whilst match teaching with its rivals. Blackberry once looked unassailable, as did Apple. Currently Android does. Microsoft has every reason to press on.

Sent from my RM-915_apac_australia_new_zealand_214 using Tapatalk
    Of course Android will copy the features of WP. Google must be looking on jealousy at the great success Microsoft are having and 'thinking 'if only we could be like them'.
    annymse likes this.
    07-07-2014 04:33 PM
    Of course Android will copy the features of WP. Google must be looking on jealousy at the great success Microsoft are having and 'thinking 'if only we could be like them'.
    You're serious about this? I mean, Windows Phone is pretty much okay but Google has no reason to even be remotely jealous at Microsoft at all. It's perhaps Samsung who could be jealous. And if you say Samsung you can say Apple, but they got their iPhone which is an outstanding product so no, no jealousy from them.

My first guess why Windows Phone will succeed is the "freshness" of the product. It's actually a cool product. And that's a first from Microsoft (for me).
    Blkacesvf41 likes this.
    07-09-2014 06:42 AM
    You're serious about this? I mean, Windows Phone is pretty much okay but Google has no reason to even be remotely jealous at Microsoft at all. It's perhaps Samsung who could be jealous. And if you say Samsung you can say Apple, but they got their iPhone which is an outstanding product so no, no jealousy from them.

My first guess why Windows Phone will succeed is the "freshness" of the product. It's actually a cool product. And that's a first from Microsoft (for me).
    Agree. No reason for either Apple or Google to be jealous considering the way they dominate the market. Yes, WP is refreshing and it grows on you. Love how stable and elegant the OS is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    07-09-2014 06:51 AM
    I like the hardware, and it is an easy platform to develop apps.
    07-15-2014 03:06 PM
    I agree with most the comments. It got a sleek design without too much bloatware, it's fast to use (even the small models) and is a great platform to develop apps for :-)
    08-12-2014 01:12 PM
    In my opinion Android is much open which makes it vulnerable to viruses and malicious softwares on the other hand iOS is very close and impose much restrictions on users. Windows phone is a mix of both.
    08-13-2014 03:41 AM
    very true ! WP will succeed
    08-16-2014 08:18 PM
    Mods, I respectfully request this thread be closed immediately! This is a flagrant attempt to uplift WP and it cannot be tolerated. If there's no gloom-and-doom associated with WP or Microsoft's demise, it must be banished to the trash heap of history. What will children think if they come across a thread such as this one?
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    08-16-2014 08:25 PM
    Att will be one of the killers of WP. My few local shops hate WP and rarely sell them . Went today for a payment and they kept questioning me on why I like windowsphone stop much! I got so pissed and left!
    08-16-2014 08:35 PM
    Att will be one of the killers of WP. My few local shops hate WP and rarely sell them . Went today for a payment and they kept questioning me on why I like windowsphone stop much! I got so pissed and left!
    Although I don't always recommend this, you can try repeating my response to the local store manager who kept on and on about my Ativ S Neo. I told him that because my WP operates so well and so trouble free, I don't have to come here all the time and see his sorry iPhone-loving as*. I'm 6'1 and 220 lbs. so it's easier for me to tell someone to shove it. YMMV.
    08-16-2014 08:41 PM
    Because it's cheat and powerful
    01-09-2015 08:51 AM
    I have had a windows phone since the days of the HP ipaq. Through windows mobile 6 HTC hd7 and finally lumia 920.

A few months ago I was forced to switch to an android phone. The sole reason for this was the lack of apps. Now I know that most international big name apps are available for Windows phone, but I am talking about the smaller, more localised apps. Banking, credit cards, health services etc. These all come out for Android and iPhone but windows phone rarely gets a mention.

Once I decided to make the switch (to Android) I researched the best quality camera, fastest and most cost effective. I came out with the Galaxy s5. Boy am I disappointed. The quality of the camera is terrible (unless what you are taking a photo of is standing still). The speed is pretty fast for an android, but in comparison, it takes me almost 50% longer to take a photo and attach it to an email to send, than on my lumia.

However the worst thing I have found, and this is a global problem with Android, is the use of the phone while driving. With Windows phone, to make a call, you press the Bluetooth button and cortana immediately starts talking to you. With Android, you can only start Google now after physically switching the phone on, entering your code, and then getting to the home screen. While driving, this is simple dangerous (and probably illegal)

Why is Microsoft not pushing this?

Also, cortana reads me text messages. Also not available on Android.

The built in Windows keyboard is far superior to any of the Android ones I have been forced to try.

In all, I am disappointed that android is not the greatest thing it is hyped to be. But I am more disappointed that Microsoft is unable to market properly the differences that make windows phone a better overall product (in my opinion!)

I hope that Microsoft will be able to market windows phone 10 better, both to the market and, I think, more importantly, to developers.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    the whole taco likes this.
    01-25-2015 03:18 PM
    On the tread "Windows 10 will save Windows Phone" I see many people that are about to give over Windows phone, what's up? We area a solid OS, a Microsoft platform, and all of this is because the apps, people don't worry, look how we have overcame and survived even without tons of apps a like Android apps, we continue growing, things won't change in the blink of an eye, let's have faith that Microsoft will solve this problem.
    Let's keep supporting Windows Phone!
    shaikhmuaaz_2010 likes this.
    02-04-2015 10:35 PM
    I bought WP just for MS office,onenote.But now these services are available on ios and Androids for free.This will definitely affect WPs sales.If MS continues to give away WPs unique services,i don't see how WP going to succeed.
    Click here to see my thread and give your opinion.
    02-05-2015 11:27 AM
    Why I like winodws phone and what will make it succeed. Wow big questions!

My view:

1. "We put people first"
    2."Get things done"
    3. "Less is more"
    4. Metro/Modern UI
    5. Making handwriting with a stylus and ink-to-text recognition sexy again
    02-13-2015 08:45 AM
    There are times when I wonder how would it be if I had a Android or IOS phone, but thinking of it, I've been a Windows User since well, forever, Windows Computer and look now, Windows Phone. My Lumia is unique, I've got to be a few people with Lumia in my school, Lumia's are amazing, Good interface, Fast and Easy
    prasath1234 and RusG like this.
    04-16-2015 04:07 PM
    From me alone 2 years ago to 6 of 18 people on my job using WP. And I didn't tell anyone of them to get one. And they keep saying their phones rock
    prasath1234 likes this.
    04-16-2015 04:44 PM
    For various reasons of course, but I would say that the main would be: life cycle of competition products, Windows 10 operating systems that share the same code base, complexity and performance of Windows 10 operating systems, universal Windows 10 Store and Nokia legacy.

These would be the main reasons in my humble opinion. I may have forgotten some, of course! Contribute please!

Aside from this, the other day, I attended a discussion on the internet about how Microsoft approaches the mobile phone market. Basically, defended the theory that the Redmond giant advances on two fronts: in the pursuit of profit through the sale of low-cost smartphones, which provide you gain in scale, and the search for the sale of smartphones with high differential compared to those cheaper.

Note that when I quote life cycle of competition products in the first paragraph, I think about the next Lumia top line. Why? For two reasons. First because many feel that Microsoft owes a high-end smartphone and second, justifying the first proposition, because Microsoft has published the next high-end will only come when the Windows 10 for smartphones is ready for release (RTM). There I speculate, the company is on the right timing! The high-end one can only be successful, and will be, I believe, if you come with the difference that everyone expects: top hardware and Windows 10 experience similar to its desktop iteration! When Microsoft delivers all planned products and services, it will be the milestone that indicates the beginning of the decline of the life cycle of products and services from the competition!
    trivishal likes this.
    05-11-2015 10:11 AM
    Big thanks to Ryan Hardy from "The Following" I've switched to WP from iPhone almost two years ago and still happy!
    Maritox Cacici likes this.
    05-26-2015 11:28 AM
    Hahaha The Following goes full MS. Always makes me smile.
    06-04-2015 06:53 PM
    For the Windows Phone to succeed, Microsoft should give the best of all, both hardware, software, latest processors, All universal quality apps with timely updates, best user experience and in Windows 10 mobile in Lumia smartphones.

Microsoft Mobile should develop Microsoft Lumia smartphones as Windows Devices that are standards so that other OEMs would use Windows 10 mobile as a Reliable OS for Smartphones. Microsoft should advertise What Lumia Smartphones are capable of in every medias.

They should make Lumia Smartphones with best design, nice sleek robust build quality with latest processors and hardware advancements.

Look at the design and build quality of 520, 720, 820, 920, 925, 928, 1020 they were great in hardware aspect if not in software.

But, all the later phones either have hardware faults such as Lumia 1520, Lumia 630, Lumia 640 XL, Lumia 930 or not nice design and build quality, good internal components assembling such as in Lumia 535, 530, 630, 730, 640, 640XL, 540 even 830 and the differentiating factors are not present such as many of these have similar HD display, same Snapdragon 400 processor. Lumia Smartphones should use latest processors in every phone and have quality build and appealing design with no hardware faults and differentiating factors in every Lumia series phones.
    Last edited by trivishal; 07-15-2015 at 07:42 PM.
    07-04-2015 12:08 AM
    Windows phones are amazing if you have a Windows computer because then they are super connected, Windows phone are super durable phones with a long battery life, amazing price, I could go on forever. There is only ONE problem; the app selection, they really need to improve that Larry of their phones.
    08-07-2015 09:19 PM
162 ... 4567