Hdr apps

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Currently two on the market...HDR Camera and HDR Photo Camera. We've taken a look at HDR Photo Camera and if you'll wait until morning, I'll have a review up on HDR Camera.

HDR Photo Camera was recently updated to address some of the issues we experienced during the review.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I looked at both apps and so far no devs on WP know how to make a hdr app. This is very upsetting. I've been emailing my pictures to myself and just using my iPhone that has 19192881 hdr apps. I understand taking 3 images at different exposure is the proper way to do an hdr image but there's software out there that's cable of making hdr images using just 1 picture and making the adjustments through sliders. This option is much better when using a phone. Even instagram has a one button hdr like feature.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
No, software that does it with 1 image is just filtering it to make it look kinda like an HDR photo. Those are actually available on WP8, but they are not HDR. A lot of the photo editing apps on WP8 have an HDR filter, but its not really HDR.

If you can do it with 1 image without exposure bracketing, its not actually HDR and you do not have the flexibility or capability real HDR has.

I thought HDR Photo Camera was okay, it was good enough

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
HDR Photo Camera is the better of the two.
If HDR Camera could fix the alignment and stability bugs.... it might be the better of the two.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I know a 1 click hdr isn't real hdr but the software hdr filters do a great job at it. On my PC I normally use topaz adjust which works great. The apps on WP8 don't seem to give the photos that hdr pop . The contrast and saturated colors that looks like a painting. I live me some topaz adjust

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre