Battery life hit from Locksider+?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've noticed a fairly significant hit to my standby battery life on my Ativ S following enabling the app "Locksider+" to update my wallpaper and show the local weather. I downloaded the app last Friday, and enabled the features to try them out over the weekend. It was pretty cool, tbh. But then Monday comes, and when I get to work, as usual, I turn off data and location services to save the juice so I can use it when I get home. At the end of the shift, instead of the usual 87% or so remaining at 12 hours since last charge, I have 65%! Now, this should still be enough to get me to bedtime, but I have a lengthy highway commute and it makes me paranoid about my phone battery. Since then, I have disabled the features, and even gone so far as to uninstall the app, but I still have mid-60s for battery at the end of the work day... Could some leftover background setting be chewing up my mAh, or do I have a bad battery and the timing a coincidence? I have had the phone for almost a month and this week has been the first inkling of less than incredible battery life I've had since I got the phone.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
For the last two days my battery life has been below par and I can't figure it out. I have Locksider+ installed but not activated.

Things have been great since the Portico update. I was thinking that maybe the Nokia Weather Channel update was draining my battery but it was just a guess.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've since reinstalled the app, but not activated. I just save the wallpapers from it to my photo album when I find one I like. Battery is still draining more than it used to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos