Temple Run 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Want temple run ... ?? Like this page...

2#templerunwithlove | Facebook
Done. I doubt it would change things.
AFAIK, the team behind Temple Runs is made out of 2 members: husband & wife... They need time or whatever... But meh Temple Run is so over rated for me right now (maybe because of my hatred towards the couple?) What I've learnt so far about WP is that:
  • Great apps come to WP (once in a while...) but they are barely if not ever updated;
  • Potential apps are on WP but the developers are LAZY and keep their horrible interface & not support HD res which makes me want to throw myself out of the window (no offence...);

WP... got to love the developers

PS: I'm not talking about all devs... but a big part of them are L.A.Z.Y.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Done. I doubt it would change things.
AFAIK, the team behind Temple Runs is made out of 2 members: husband & wife... They need time or whatever... But meh Temple Run is so over rated for me right now (maybe because of my hatred towards the couple?) What I've learnt so far about WP is that:
  • Great apps come to WP (once in a while...) but they are barely if not ever updated;
  • Potential apps are on WP but the developers are LAZY and keep their horrible interface & not support HD res which makes me want to throw myself out of the window (no offence...);

WP... got to love the developers

PS: I'm not talking about all devs... but a big part of them are L.A.Z.Y.

So I'm assuming you know these people personally?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. One person actually said he wants to leave the platform, for whatever reason. Then there are loads of people whining that it's not Temple Run 2, despite the fact that folks were saying that the first one was better. What people SHOULD focus on is that the release of Temple Run means that its developers are noticing Windows Phone, and that it means we'll see Temple Run 2 before TOO much longer. It's almost sickening ho pessimistic people are about EVERYTHING. It's the whole Instagram issue again--they'll continue to whine about Instagram until it arrives, then they'll find something else to whine about.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Having both on my iPad I can attest to the fact that the first Temple Run is a much better game on many levels. The second is more difficult, I'd say mostly because of poor design. It was hectic and too fraught with surprises. Some of the new features seem to just complicate gameplay more than it helped in any way. It also seemed much harder to acquire coins, and there were quirks that didn't make sense. My total number of coins seemed to vary after every game. It was weird.

I probably wont bother picking up Temple Run for my phone only because I've already played it exhaustively. Or maybe I will.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Now everyone to download the first one so temple run devs sees that there is demand and release temple run 2 sooner, and I'm sure if they get the idea that in windows phone they can make good money we can see temple run 3 release on all three oses at the same time.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think what some need to understand is that now that the first one is ported, porting the second one, and any variants, should be easier. All I see is a plethora of new apps hitting the past 2 weeks or so, with promises of a bunch more coming, and shake my head at those ******** and moaning about the platform. The apps are starting to come fast and furious (guess that's what happens when the SDK is released so late...you have to wait a few months before the avalanche hits) and I don't think it will let up. Since WP owners apparently tend to spend more money on apps than Android, I think developers will be very interested in getting there apps over here. I expect the WP user base to be in the 30 million range by the end of the quarter, if not higher, and that's a lot of potential customers to ignore if a developer chooses not to put their work on WP.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Now everyone to download the first one so temple run devs sees that there is demand and release temple run 2 sooner, and I'm sure if they get the idea that in windows phone they can make good money we can see temple run 3 release on all three oses at the same time.

The day MS gives me unlimited storage to download games just for the heck of it is when I'll do that

Last edited:

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've found framerate on my Lumia 920 to be consistent with this game. I don't recall if it runs as smoothly as on the iPad 2; I'll have to check later.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that there's definitely input lag. I miss turns and jumps far too frequently. Either the timing is too demanding or it's not registering swipes properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6