May want to hold off on that 8X or 822 just a hair longer...

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I think at this point it's safe to say that a phone for Verizon won't be announced at MWC but rather at another date. I just hope people won't flip out too much when nothing for Verizon is announced at MWC.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
But when? And why not at MWC?

Not until Verizon is ready to announce - and they have always been pretty secretive about announcements until they are about to launch. Why not MWC? An international platform isn't the best place to announce phones targeted directly at one country - or one carrier.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The faster people consign themselves to how Verizon handles phone announcements, the better they'll be in avoiding disappointments.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I HATE the 4+" phablets. I like something smaller that I can manipulate in one hand. (No I do not have unusuallysmall hands ;-) ) I just am always on the go and don't always have the luxury of using 2 hands all the time and love a device the size of the iPhone5 or my current Trophy. No EVERYONE needs big, huge 4+" screens. I like the size of the 720 that was just announced, but I am afraid Verizon will be getting something the size of the 920. Bottom line, I need a new device as my Trophy is dieing, and I'm willing to consider anything with a smaller screen.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I HATE the 4+" phablets. I like something smaller that I can manipulate in one hand. (No I do not have unusuallysmall hands ;-) ) I just am always on the go and don't always have the luxury of using 2 hands all the time and love a device the size of the iPhone5 or my current Trophy. No EVERYONE needs big, huge 4+" screens. I like the size of the 720 that was just announced, but I am afraid Verizon will be getting something the size of the 920. Bottom line, I need a new device as my Trophy is dieing, and I'm willing to consider anything with a smaller screen.

Elop said the 720 most likely won't come to the US due to a lack of LTE. As far as one handed use goes both the 822 and 8x should be fine, as you confirmed you dont have small hands.

AndroidJay

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The Verge reported yesterday, that Nokia's next flagship phone, the EOS, will be exclusive once again on AT&T. However, Verizon will be getting a 920 variant in the coming months. I am happy but disappointed in Nokia for leaving Verizon out again with their next flagship device.

I keep asking myself, when will Nokia learn? Just look at Samsung Note 2, the GS3 and Apple's iPhone. Both of these companies release their flagship phones on all the major carriers and are making tons of $$$ for their bottom lines. Nokia is just hurting their company by having these exclusives with their flagship phones.

Nokia's Windows Phone range is complete, now it's up to Microsoft | The Verge

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The Verge reported yesterday, that Nokia's next flagship phone, the EOS, will be exclusive once again on AT&T. However, Verizon will be getting a 920 variant in the coming months. I am happy but disappointed in Nokia for leaving Verizon out again with their next flagship device.

I keep asking myself, when will Nokia learn? Just look at Samsung Note 2, the GS3 and Apple's iPhone. Both of these companies release their flagship phones on all the major carriers and are making tons of $$$ for their bottom lines. Nokia is just hurting their company by having these exclusives with their flagship phones.

Nokia is already supply-constricted by their manufacturing capacity. That means that they're already selling every Lumia device they can manufacture and while the situation is bound to improve during 2013, with the current demand it's not going to be resolved until early 2014.

Since Nokia has limited amount of Lumias they can sell, they can go for exclusive deals.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Exclusives also allow Nokia to get much more aggressive subsidized pricing. If the 920 was not exclusive there is no way AT&T would be handing them out for under $100 with a charger on launch day.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It was 4 to 6 weeks after the 8X and 822 went through the FCC that Verizon started selling them, so I'm hoping that will hold true with the 928/Laser.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I hope its that soon Gungzwei, but ya never know. I'm eager to get developing on WP but won't do it until I've used one for a bit to learn the ecosystem on an intuitive level.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for something special on Verizon but I guess that was just too much to ask for. It looks like t-Mobil will be getting the catwalk phone that has caught my interest. If the Verizon 920 variant is released with most of the bugs and quality issues worked out I will be happy. I am hoping for some minor improvements though such as a better battery etc. Once again being a Windows Phone user on Verizon is less than exciting.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping for something special on Verizon but I guess that was just too much to ask for. It looks like t-Mobil will be getting the catwalk phone that has caught my interest. If the Verizon 920 variant is released with most of the bugs and quality issues worked out I will be happy. I am hoping for some minor improvements though such as a better battery etc. Once again being a Windows Phone user on Verizon is less than exciting.

...Hold on, what?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
...Hold on, what?

Which part is confusing? Unfortunately it has been frustrating being on Verizon. We are constantly given rumors that give us false hope only to be disappointed. At this point I am done with getting my hopes up and try to have more realistic expectations.

adamjolin

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

Nokia's Windows Phone range is complete, now it's up to Microsoft | The Verge

Honestly I don't see why at&t shouldn't get some love they supported windows phone better and longer than an of the other carriers

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I don't see why at&t shouldn't get some love they supported windows phone better and longer than an of the other carriers

As a very anxious Verizon customer, I completely agree. Verizon pretty much gave the middle finger to WP7 only carrying the Trophy (which is still going strong for me). Att OTOH, carried almost every variant of WP7 one could imagine and has continued to show support for WP while Verizon is starting to slowly dip it's toes back in WP's waters.

I know that means we won't see an EOS type device on Verizon for a very long time if ever, but for the overall sake of WP and future development, I'm glad someone is standing by the platform wholeheartedly and has been doing so since it's inception. Verizon needs to get away from being so heavily vested in Android. That has to be a nightmare for all their own programmers who have to tailor each iteration of Android for each phone. Sense, Touchwiz, and Blur surely only complicate things more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss