Some ideas for Windows Phone apps!

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I know there are a couple of threads in the WPCentral forum about this, but since WP8 has came out I wanted to ask you guys about ideas for apps. I've asked a lot of people before about this, but none have any suggestions. It would be great to ask in this community because we all use WP and we know what we want and what is missing!

I'm not really a "creative-type" person, just more of a developer :grin: I've developed apps for Windows and Windows Mobile before so I have some experience. I would really appreciate all of the replies. Thanks!

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
On the iPhone I had this light meter app that worked really well as a light meter for taking pictures. Windows Phone Store has two so far but one doesn't give you anything useful for taking pictures with just the light intensity (Not picture data) and the other keeps crashing in Windows Phone 8.

OleWild

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I would like to have a quality ballistic calculator for WP8 with all the functions as the one listed below:

iSnipe - Ballistcs software for the iPhone and iPod - iSnipe is the original ballistics calculator for the iPhone and iPod touch. Using the otherwise unavailable Direkon Ballistics Library, iSnipe generates incredibly accurate 3-DOF solutions for small arms trajectories, including corrections for pitch, yaw, wind and weather conditions. Simply put; a ballistics computer is a calculator used to predict a bullets path / energy / wind-drift / etc… For shooting enthusiasts, this means the ability to pre-determine how, where and at what speeds your bullets will fly, before you even load your gun. Created with ease of use in mind, iSnipe is the perfect companion for any gun aficionado, competition shooter, or even law-enforcement officer... It's just that accurate. With all the ingredients you'd expect from a portable ballistics calculator, including the ability to save and load ballistic profiles, automatic save of form values and all the other features you'd expect from an integrated iPhone app, there is no better way to get on target every time. Finally there is a portable desktop quality application that we can all take along with us to the range.

There are only a few in the WP marketplace, but they are lacking in features and functions.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
As storms rolled through our area this morning, I was thinking a weather radio app would be nice. Not sure if it's possible, but have the app do some other type of alarm (instead of a toast notification), or just start playing the weather radio station when there is a warning go off, or if you want to be notified when there are "watch" alerts. Toast notifications aren't going to wake me up... Could save some lives..

If your driving it would also help if you could just hit play, and it would play the forcast instead of having to read the forcast.

Wish I knew how to program... I'd just make it. haha

xyes

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
i'd love to see these two tweaks available soon though... & of course there're many other tweaks too.
wp_ss_20130115_0002.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6