Shall I buy Lumia 920 or iPhone 5?

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I wanna get a Lumia 920 but I'm still not sure. I like iOS' design. But my father has iPhone and my brother has iPad. I feel bored when I use them.
Which phone do you recommend me to buy? iPhone or Lumia 920?
I care about UI design, look and stability. I was sure about getting Lumia 920 before I read tons of issues people have with their lumia. I'm living in Turkey so I won't be able to change my lumia if I get a bad quality one, I think. I must be lucky to get a good one.
I generally use my phone to listen to music. So the sound quality with headphones is important for me. Can you tell me about it?
I read that Portico update was released. Did it fix your battery, heat, camera and random reset issues?
BTW does the Lumia screen response as fast as iPhones?
Thanks.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
UI and look - this is subjective. As you say you're bored with iPhone 5 then maybe the WP design will work for you. It is based on typographical hierarchy to channel your vision to the content.
Issues - this is something that I can't really answer for. Isn't there insurance available over there? Or a warranty service in case your Lumia goes bad? Maybe try contacting Nokia care should it all go pear shaped.
Music - the app itself is an unburdened infinite trainwreck. But music quality from a standard HTC headset (I don't have Beats) is actually pretty good on the Lumia, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Portico - Can't really answer this as I didn't have issues prior to Portico. Except for the odd lock-up and screen glitch (but I already had glitches on my HTC TITAN too).
Responsiveness - Very good. I would say it responds faster than my iPod Touch, but I can't really compare it to iPhone.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the answers.
Yes, I have been thinking about the apps but if marketplace is growing fast, it won't be a problem. Thanks for that info. I was worried if no one cared about creating apps for Windows Phone.
There is a warranty service but I'm not sure if they change the phone.
I think the responsiveness of iPod is same with iPhone.
Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro